• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Sony Hack...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Look at it this way- the hackers have only released a fraction of what they stole. They apparently got all of Sony's personnel data for their US operations. They can be sued by their employees for having allowed the data breach in the first place, even moreso if they take actions that cause the hackers to release said info. For simple liabilities sake Sony is going to fold and do whatever they need to to get that info back. That movie is mothballed, like it or not, if that is what it takes. Right now, having this movie get released will cost Sony far more than stifling it. Thus it will not see the light of day.

Sony is a corporation and they do what they must to survive. They simply weighed the costs of further leaks vs. showing the movie, and they chose to relent. The lawsuits they face from pissed off employees alone could have been an impetus. To protect their employees could also be one. Point is, a corporation is not an actual person and has no pride- if the smart money decision tips one way, that is the way you go. This is what happened here. They felt less damage to their bottom line could be done by caving instead of the repercussions of showing it.

I would not be shocked if this movie never sees the light of day now. All I can hope for is the pride of actual people takes over and the internet gets flooded over the next few years with as much satire mocking Un as can be manufactured. Skits, cartoons, puppet demonstrations, donkey shows, the works. Oh and for the love of all that is good just send them Rodman outright and be done with it.

100%

You do get some advanced warning about Tsunamis, just FYI.

Feel free to sue Mother Nature next time. That cunt has had it out for Cleveland for years, so I won't feel bad.

I must see this movie. Just saw a clip of the Kim death scene that leaked today. The movie will be out there in its entirety soon. Sony should put it on PPV Saturday night for $49.95.

“The Interview”: Orgy Scene with Kim Jong Un and James Franco Might Have Caused Concern
by Roger Friedman - December 18, 2014 2:07 pm
0 2

One thing that Kim Jong Un may or may not have objected to in “The Interview”: after a night of debauchery, he’s seen shirtless in bed with James Franco’s also-shirtless Dave Skylark character and a bevy of beauties. In the screenwriter Dan Sterling’s 2012 original version, this is how the scene read:

INT. PRIVATE LOUNGE – DAY
Dave and Kim are in a bed naked, with the four women.
They’re all playing MORTAL KOMBAT

Right so you’re thinking, either lucky Kim, or he should be so lucky. It’s hard to say if North Korea’s fearless leader would feel the same way. Certainly, the original screenplay made it seem like quite a night had occurred. By this time, Franco’s Dave and President Kim have cried together, shared their love of puppies, and Katy Perry.

Many parts of the original screenplay were altered so as not to cause World War III.

Here’s one exchange:
NARRATOR (V.O.)
Our Beloved Leader is one of the
world’s most accomplished artists.
Moreover, he is the most fierce
warrior. As well, he is a genius
at business and also medicine and
agriculture.
SETH
(sotto to Dave)
“Moreover, he is champion at
fellatio. He can suck a 12 inch
*** while ice-skating backwards.”
Seth turns to Dave and sees that he looks spooked.

More to come….

In before Obama is blamed.

Oblama

:chuckle:

Exclusive: Sony Emails Say State Department Blessed Kim Jong-Un Assassination in ‘The Interview’

CEO Michael Lynton showed a rough cut of the movie to U.S. officials before moving ahead. Now hackers are threatening to bomb any theater that shows it.

The Daily Beast has unearthed several emails that reveal at least two U.S. government officials screened a rough cut of the Kim Jong-Un assassination comedy The Interview in late June and gave the film—including a final scene that sees the dictator’s head explode—their blessing.

The claim that the State Department played an active role in the decision to include the film’s gruesome death scene is likely to cause fury in Pyongyang. Emails between the Sony Entertainment CEO and a security consultant even appear to suggest the U.S. government may support the notion that The Interview would be useful propaganda against the North Korean regime.

Back on June 20, the first threat lobbed by North Korean officials against the holiday blockbuster seemed as empty as a North Korean villager’s lunch box.

The Seth Rogen/James Franco-starrer, which centers on a TV host and his producer being tasked by the CIA with assassinating North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un, was branded “an act of war.” Studio executives at distributor Sony Pictures and the general public mostly laughed it off as yet another example of muscle-flexing by the rotund ruler.

But now, the controversy surrounding the political satire has gotten serious.

“Bruce – Spoke to someone very senior in State (confidentially),” wrote Lynton. “He agreed with everything you have been saying. Everything. I will fill you in when we speak.”
In late November, a group that calls itself the Guardians of Peace breached Sony’s company servers, and leaked several large caches of private internal data online, including the emails of several top Sony executives, Social Security numbers and private info of employees, screeners of upcoming feature films, and more. Some believe it to be the work of North Korean hackers as payback for The Interview, and while a spokesman for North Korea claimed ignorance, he added that the hack “might be a righteous deed of the supporters and sympathizers with the DPRK in response to its appeal” against the film. The Guardians of Peace, meanwhile, posted a message online that read, “Stop immediately showing the movie of terrorism which can break the regional peace and cause the War.”

On Tuesday, the Guardians released what they referred to as a “Chrsitmas gift”—the eighth collection of hacked files consisting of the emails of Michael Lynton, CEO of Sony Entertainment.

Is it possible this is just Anonymous or other American hackers just being cunties?

daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-96.jpg

daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-65.jpg

Now Paramount won't let theaters show Team America this weekend either. :( Pussies...

Paramount Cancels ‘Team America’ Showings, Theaters Say
dlieberman.png

by David Lieberman

December 18, 2014 11:24am

team-america-2.jpg

• Forget those plans by Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and other theaters to run Team America: World Police in place of The Interview. The Austin-based chain says that Paramount has now decided not to offer South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s 2004 satire that focuses on Kim Jong-il, the late father of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. Alamo says that the cancellation at its Dallas theater is “due to circumstances beyond our control” and says it will offer refunds to those who have already bought tickets. Cleveland’s Capitol Theater also tweeted that Team America“has been canceled by Paramount Pictures.”

Yesterday Sony pulled The Interview, which depicts an assassination of Kim Jong-un, after hackers threatened theaters that showed the film. Working with Sony since the first days of the massive hack in late November, the FBI has established some degree of connection between North Korea and the data breach. Having said that, while the White House today said the investigation is progressing, the Bureau and the Justice Department have not scheduled an announcement yet on the Democratic People’s Republic’s connection to the hacking of Sony, sources tell Deadline.

Deadline’s Dominic Patten contributed to this report

I thought this was a comedy. While that wasn't graphic, it was more than I expected...

There's going to have to be some laws about internet property and who can show what. E.g. - is the NY post doing something illegal by showing that scene? I watched it, so now am I in the wrong? There's a ton to explore here.

I don't think Sony did anything wrong by cancelling the release. I think major theaters all voluntarily canceled it themselves, and at that point, Sony didn't have much to gain.

I don't think these hackers are a real physical threat to moviegoers, but they certainly have a ton of information that they will leak out over time, no matter what Sony does. I do agree that they should release it streaming and rally around the publicity, but I am not sure these cats even have working emails so I don't see how they can effectively release it.

This is likely coming from the lawyers for the theater chains. Can you imagine what would happen if violence occurred at a major theater chain this weekend? Even that unaffiliated with terrorist threats would have numerous lawyers lining up to get a slice of that lawsuit.

I can hear it now... 'Your honor, there was a threat of violence that the theaters knew about and they failed to provide a safe environment.'

You have no idea what they migt have in e-mail. The Us government and Japan would have to issue a blanket amnesty for anything revealed in the e-mails to get Sony to move forward.. Whatever it is, Sony thinks its worth100 million to bury the movie.

This has parallels to Crimea, in that its just a fact and we can do nothing about it. Our best bet is to find a way to make them pay later, like russia is doing right now..

This is likely coming from the lawyers for the theater chains. Can you imagine what would happen if violence occurred at a major theater chain this weekend? Even that unaffiliated with terrorist threats would have numerous lawyers lining up to get a slice of that lawsuit.

I can hear it now... 'Your honor, there was a threat of violence that the theaters knew about and they failed to provide a safe environment.'

put up a disclaimer. cases dismissed.

You have no idea what they migt have in e-mail. The Us government and Japan would have to issue a blanket amnesty for anything revealed in the e-mails to get Sony to move forward.. Whatever it is, Sony thinks its worth100 million to bury the movie.

I'm fairly certain anything leaked that was obtained through illegal means like hacking is inadmissible in court anyway. Sony could be found guilty by the court of public opinion for anything released, but that's about it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."