• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Off-Season Thread (Moss Acquired - Page 16)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
WTF are the Rays doing?

They basically flipped the prospects they got for Meyers, who probably would've been ranked 1st and 2nd in their org. (RHP Joe Ross and 2014 13th overall draft pick SS Trea Turner) for Steven Souza and a bunch of fillers.

I hope this isn't pre-Friedman Rays all over again.....

Five prospects for Wil Myers isn't all bad.

Love Burch Smith.

:conf (11):

I've seen much worse from avid golfers. I'd say he's got something to work with :bigthumbup:

Love Burch Smith.

When the low payroll team suddenly decides to give up on the young, team-controlled slugger before he can really establish his value... you wonder. I didn't really se what all the hype as about with Myers. Burch Smith looks to be a nice young pitcher, even f he is a jerk face extraordinaire*. I think the kid from the Nats is pretty intriguing and has some Brian Giles potential as a late bloomer imo. Just needs a shot. The rest of it, including the serviceable REne Rivera, well, eh.

*for those who dont know, Burch Smith was drafted twice by the Tribe, offered over slot money both times, and turned them down both times. Ended up being wise as the 3rd time he got the money he was seeking. Although he also potentially could have been in the bigs already had he signed two years earlier. Who knows.

Reactions: AZ_
sitting here drinking christmas ale home on break and pumped for tribe baseball and its only December!

Reactions: AZ_
A's continue wheeling and dealing.

Derek Norris dealt to San Diego.

They receiver a power right handed reliever in RJ Alvarez and a solid young SP in Jesse Hahn.

Really like that deal for Oakland.

Love Burch Smith.

I was just taken aback by the fact the Nationals got 2 of the 3 best prospects in the deal and they didn't really give up a whole lot. I don't mind the return the Rays got for Meyers but I thought it was just strange flipping Turner and Ross for Steven Souza and some fringy prospects.....

I do like Burch Smith. Thought he was a slam dunk to be taken by the Tribe for a 3rd straight year.

Souza is such a Rays player, though.

It's no shock they like him. Late bloomer with limited upside, Burch Smith too is sort of an unconventional guy that splits the scouting community.

I like Trea Turner and Joe Ross, though. So I do lean more towards agreeing with you.

Sounds like an Justin Upton deal is close. Nobody seems to know who it is. Apparently, it isn't the A's or the Rangers. Some guessing the Padres.

I'm assuming it's likely not the Tribe?

Sounds like an Justin Upton deal is close. Nobody seems to know who it is. Apparently, it isn't the A's or the Rangers. Some guessing the Padres.

I'm assuming it's likely not the Tribe?

Correct, I'm hearing Seattle.

Presumably for James Paxton or Taijuan Walker as the headline piece going to Atlanta.

Correct, I'm hearing Seattle.

Yeah, sounds right. I was just looking a little deeper and I guess it's an AL West team. I don't see it being the Angels, so I'm with you here.

Yeah, sounds right. I was just looking a little deeper and I guess it's an AL West team. I don't see it being the Angels, so I'm with you here.

That Seattle lineup is getting pretty interesting.

C - Zunino
1B - Logan Morrison
2B - Robbie Cano
3B - Kyle Seager
SS - Brad Miller
LF - Dustin Ackley/Justin Ruggiano
CF - Austin Jackson
RF - Justin Upton
DH - Nelson Cruz

Alot of no names in the bullpen, but there are some guys there who can really throw.

Maybe some of them are due for a regression, but that team can absolutely contend with LA.

@AZ_ welp...

I guess if it's AL West, it's the Angels... I've now seen everyone else ruled out (Astros, A's, Mariners, Rangers)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."