• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Manziel had a great week of practice but game day is a diferent animal no matter how prepared you are. the guy was in at 7 am and out at 7 pm all week. that shows a solid work ethic.

You have utterly no idea what the week of practice was actually like.

And a good work ethic would have been showing up early and leaving late all season instead of waiting until you got embarrassed by a Bengals team that Brian Hoyer led a blowout of just a few weeks earlier.

Spare us this nonsense, please.

And a good work ethic would have been showing up early and leaving late all season instead of waiting until you got embarrassed by a Bengals team that Brian Hoyer led a blowout of just a few weeks earlier.

He's been too busy trying to expand his receiving skill set to work on his quarterback fundamentals.

Neither do you, so let's move on from this topic.

While I agree that would be great, it's not the reality and it's not the reality of what happens with a lot of rookies. I don't see anyone complaining about gilbert partying late when he's struggling at his position as well.

Johnny can only move on from here and try to correct the problem that he created. He didn't make excuses about how guys dropped a ball or how the team needs to play better as a whole like Hoyer did. He basically put the blame on himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Really???

I don't seem to remember Brian Hoyer making the defensive plays to force Carrot top to play the worst game of his life, or get the push as an offensive lineman that led to Brian Hoyer the RB racking up yard after yard.

I guess I missed that game. I remember the game that Brian Hoyer didn't do a whole hell of a lot, other than not making mistakes.

Really???

I don't seem to remember Brian Hoyer making the defensive plays to force Carrot top to play the worst game of his life, or get the push as an offensive lineman that led to Brian Hoyer the RB racking up yard after yard.

I guess I missed that game. I remember the game that Brian Hoyer didn't do a whole hell of a lot, other than not making mistakes.

You got SO excited to jump all over me because you think I'm somehow praising Hoyer for that game.

When in reality, that's not the case at all.

The fact that they got blown out by a Brian Hoyer led team a few weeks ago is not in praise of Hoyer, but highlights the fact they smoked them with a below average quarterback at the helm.

Neither do you, so let's move on from this topic.

Thats....the....point.

While I agree that would be great, it's not the reality and it's not the reality of what happens with a lot of rookies. I don't see anyone complaining about gilbert partying late when he's struggling at his position as well.

Johnny can only move on from here and try to correct the problem that he created. He didn't make excuses about how guys dropped a ball or how the team needs to play better as a whole like Hoyer did. He basically put the blame on himself.

As he should have, because that was one of the worst QBed games we've seen since the return.

You don't see anyone complaining about Gilbert partying because he hasn't made a spectacle of himself partying, and when he does he should rightfully be criticized for it.

Poor comparisons are as second nature to you as back foot throws are to Manziel, at this point.

You got SO excited to jump all over me because you think I'm somehow praising Hoyer for that game.

When in reality, that's not the case at all.

The fact that they got blown out by a Brian Hoyer led team a few weeks ago is not in praise of Hoyer, but highlights the fact they smoked them with a below average quarterback at the helm.

I didn't think you were giving Hoyer praise. I know that you have walked the tightrope between both QBs masterfully.

I was just pointing out that Hoyer didn't have a whole hell of a lot to do with that win. The fact that they "smoked" them wasn't because of Hoyer's 0 touchdowns.

My point is that last week's game would not have been completely different if Johnny had Hoyer's statline from the previous game.

My point is that last week's game would not have been completely different if Johnny had Hoyer's statline from the previous game.

But... That Thursday night game would have been completely different if Hoyer had Johnny's stat line.

But... That Thursday night game would have been completely different if Hoyer had Johnny's stat line.

True.

But Sunday's game might have been completely different if the rest of the team had played like they did in the Thursday night game.

My point is that overall team performance had a lot to do with both outcomes. Yes, Johnny's performance led to a lot of the awfulness on Sunday. Yes, Hoyer's mistake free play kept Cincy from getting back into the other game. But don't ignore that other players played in both games and their successes and failures contributed the result in both games.

I didn't think you were giving Hoyer praise. I know that you have walked the tightrope between both QBs masterfully.

I was just pointing out that Hoyer didn't have a whole hell of a lot to do with that win. The fact that they "smoked" them wasn't because of Hoyer's 0 touchdowns.

Your baseless speculation aside, I appreciate the thought that to not like either of the current QBs implies that I'm playing both sides of the fence.

I'm confident that if Manziel puts up a statline similar to Hoyer that game, you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

Your baseless speculation aside, I appreciate the thought that to not like either of the current QBs implies that I'm playing both sides of the fence.

I'm confident that if Manziel puts up a statline similar to Hoyer that game, you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

Baseless? I thought you had made it clear that you don't like both guys (Which is totally fine by the way)? I guess I just find it jarring at times when you shit all over a guy for a long time and then out of the blue defend him.

And by "that game" do you mean Sunday? I'm not sure what the exact number of points scored off of turnovers was , but I'm guessing that if Johnny hadn't thrown those two picks we still wouldn't have moved the ball much, and it also wouldn't have changed the fact that our defense was a sieve.

But whatever. I didn't really mean to derail this thread by debating about who should get the gold star for a game that happened weeks ago. I just thought your statement was a little shortsighted.

You don't see anyone complaining about Gilbert partying because he hasn't made a spectacle of himself partying, and when he does he should rightfully be criticized for.

Johnny doesn't choose for tmz to be following him or the media to care more about what he does over any other rookie in the league.

Nobody is complaining about gilbert partying because many people probably don't even know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Manziel said practice went really well. you calling him a liar Boobie?He went into a comparison between practice and the game itself.

some of the people on the defense have referred to him as a nightmare in practice.

seems theres more information indicating Johnny has been doing well in practice than not

some of the people on the defense have referred to him as a nightmare in practice.

Unfortunately for Johnny, during the games the defenders are actually allowed to hit and sack the quarterback. Turning him from a 'nightmare' to a 'dream' to defend.

Unfortunately for Johnny, during the games the defenders are actually allowed to hit and sack the quarterback. Turning him from a 'nightmare' to a 'dream' to defend.
Rookies come with penalties, bothced execution and some ugly football.

He said himself there was some passes he missed out on from hesitating and that he wasnt feeling confident.. this matches up with what we saw.

It wont be hard for Manziel to improve upon what he did last week.

I was more concerned about how he was handing off the ball than trying to force a play and miscalculating the defenders speed.

its Thursday the new football week has started. last week dont mean so much anymore except the rookie qb got his first start in and Sunday may be a whole different story.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."