• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Malone Fired (replaced by Corbin)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If the owner wanted his team to run, maybe he should look at the personnel decisions, not the coach.

The team has a star (Cousins) who is definitely a 1/2 court guy. The PG & SF are pick & roll guys. The front office let their best open court guy (Isaiah Thomas) walk as a free agent in the off season.

I think you can say that Malone was just doing what coaches are supposed to do. He playing to the strength of the players that he had.

Try thinking from the owners perspective- If you own a basketball team and it is not playing with the way you like then wont you want to make a change too ? esp... if the coach is defensive minded and the Owner and GM crave an offensive style then there is no way that this coach was going to last long. It was something that was bound to happen and it happened. If they were perennial playoff contenders with this coach and they fired him, It will be a shocker but it seems like that is not the case. Much ado about nothing IMO. What will be interesting is who they hire to replace. Wonder if D'Antoni would fit their bill.

More than likely, Malone got fired for calling out Ranadive on his dumbass ideas that he developed while coaching his daughter's team.

Maybe you are right. While the ownership might have been pondering a new direction for a while, the timing of the firing makes me think it was the result of a confrontation that got out of control. Malone has a reputation for having a quick temper that he has spent a while trying to put behind him. He might not have been able to hold back during a war room meeting.

What happened to Sacramento? They were 11-13 under Malone (with Cousins hurt), and they have gone 5-13 under Corbin. Was that the reason for their decline?

To be honest, I watch their place in the standings because I don't want them to forfeit their draft pick to Chicago this year (top-10 protected). That pick could go down to the wire this year.

I enjoyed watching them early this year but they have really gone in reverse.

It seemed to me this was an ownership/GM power play. Malone was a player's coach, and won't be out of work long. Look at the Sacramento situation, look at the Browns... too similar in my opinion.

Too bad we don't really have any assets left to trade. Sacramento could be an intriguing corpse to pick over at the deadline.

God fucking Damn... watched Sacramento for the first time in a few weeks. What a corpse of a season. I guess Malone was fired for refusing to be terrible. I'm glad they had Corbin to step up and be sufficiently terrible in his place.

There is no they, there. That play is all Cousins. Just look at him in that play in all of its glory.

The other players reactions are priceless. McLemore up top is looking around like what just happened then stares down the bench. Rudy Gay just hangs his head in disbelief. Collison is like 'c'mon man, really?' and Tyrone Corbin is left standing on the sidelines motionless.

Cousins wants out of that organization something fierce.

Lol sounds like George Karl to the Kings talk is getting pretty serious. Vivek has him as his #1 in terms of potential candidates...and Orlando firing Jaque Vaughn and being on the hunt for a coach has them (Kings) speeding up their process.

Vivek wants a run-and-gun fast paced offense. George Karl is one of the best in the business in terms of installing that offense. Only problem is the franchise player, Boogie, isn't suited for that kind of game...at all.

Boogie needs to get the fuck out of Sacramento. They don't know what they're doing down there. Hopefully he doesn't rot and waste his career trying to turn that helpless situation around.

Who wants to bet Furious George's first order of business is to do everything in his power to ship Cousins to Denver for a ransom of his guys - Lawson, Chandler, whoever else and a stash of picks. Get the band back together for another run and gun reunion that ends in a first round exit.

Man, Sacramento's front office makes ours look hands off and chill by comparison. What a disaster.

Thank god 23 came back...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."