• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So long, David Griffin

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Everybody can be untouchable; I have no problem with that philosophy. What I have a problem with though is when David voices this sentiment publicly . I feel like it just puts unnecessary pressure on the team and puts our players, and coach, under an even bigger microscope.

I feel like he's just bringing more unwanted attention to the team and that's not something we need.

I don't think it's a big deal or even a discussion topic. We all know the statement isn't even 100% true. LeBron is untouchable. I'm sure everyone else is not.

I don't think it's a big deal or even a discussion topic. We all know the statement isn't even 100% true. LeBron is untouchable. I'm sure everyone else is not.

Oh LeBron can be touched too. EVERYONE can be touched.

We are in the business of touching and I've got an ass grab worth of feel copping to distribute.

Don't make me push the button Chris.

Too late, I did it first!

i remember Griff talking about trading himself if it would make the team better so we shouldn't read too much into that comment.
the fact that he mentioned the lack of "depth of defensive talent" is much more interesting imo. not that it's surprising (we all know that their biggest weakness right now) but it gives us a clue what they're looking for

i remember Griff talking about trading himself if it would make the team better so we shouldn't read too much into that comment.
the fact that he mentioned the lack of "depth of defensive talent" is much more interesting imo. not that it's surprising (we all know that their biggest weakness right now) but it gives us a clue what they're looking for
Then why offer TT a long tern contract @ 12 mill per season? Something doesn't add up.

Then why offer TT a long tern contract @ 12 mill per season? Something doesn't add up.

Has he offered him 12m? it's considered a rumor right? 48M for 4 years?
That's stupid if it's true.
Why offer an extension if you could just match an offer from another team?
Serge Ibakas contract is the same as Tristans, Larry Sanders is 4m less, Taj Gibson is 10m less and Jason Thompsons is 18m less, All per 4 years deal.

Last edited:
I can stomach the TT deal if we didn't already sign Andy to 10 mil and were planning on trading Dion

So then why even say it? All that statement does is create another story for the media to run with and maybe even put added pressure on some guys who may think they're on the trading block. We don't need that.

I truly believe the Cavs are going to roll with what they have this season unless they can find a trade partner for the TPE. I can't see them unloading Haywood and giving up the opportunity to move him for something better in the offseason. I can't see them getting fair value for Dion at this point and I really don't see them unloading TT.

They will try to use the TPE and / or sign a vet or two. Then I can see them making a bigger move in the offseason.

And look at what the Knicks are doing this year...I know that's mostly not on Phil, but it surely can be used against him.

Can't judge Phil's job this year. This was already a wasted year coming in. Next year Phil starts his mark.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."