• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Simmons Friday Article - Finding the Cleveland Misery Tipping Point

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MikeSobe

Towel Waver
Reaction score
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/finding-the-cleveland-misery-tipping-point/

Every time I mention in my football column that God hates Cleveland, fans from Buffalo, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Carolina, Houston, San Diego, Tennessee, Arizona, Atlanta and Detroit take it personally. So do Jets fans under 45, Dolphins fans under 40, Bears fans under 35 and Washington fans under 30.

Hey, God doesn’t hate JUST Cleveland! What about my team?

Translation: Around 50 percent of the NFL’s fan base believe God might hold a grudge against their teams. And that number would climb to 75 percent if Patriots fans, Saints fans, Bucs fans, Seattle fans, Indy fans, St. Louis fans and Denver fans hadn’t won Super Bowls in the past 15 years. It’s just one of the ways we handle steady failure. Our favorite team can’t come through, so higher forces must be in play, right? Not having a scientific way to measure which professional fan bases have been tortured the most didn’t stop me from figuring it out in 2010, then again in a follow-up mailbag. Astoundingly, three Cleveland teams cracked the top 10: the Browns (no. 4), the Indians (no. 5) and the Cavaliers (no. 10).1

That was the moment when I realized that, yes, God might actually hate Cleveland.

Had the same thought as I started to read it. Just garbage.

We need a new team name and new colors. The real Browns moved to Baltimore. The team is names after Paul Brown who moved to Cincy and started the Bengals. Why do we still carry his name ?

I will be more than happy if we can let this team go to LA and we get the San Diego Chargers. The Cleveland Chargers has a nice ring to it. ahh pipe dreams ....

Actually if you lived through that Minnesota game, that was one of the first OIC moments that we've all come to know and love.

We need a new team name and new colors. The real Browns moved to Baltimore. The team is names after Paul Brown who moved to Cincy and started the Bengals. Why do we still carry his name ?

I will be more than happy if we can let this team go to LA and we get the San Diego Chargers. The Cleveland Chargers has a nice ring to it. ahh pipe dreams ....

Just....stop.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."