• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
OKC vs GSW is like a athleticism/length/wingspan orgasm, there is never two defensive liabilities on the floor at the same time.

Meanwhile.....Joe Harris.

OKC vs GSW is like a athleticism/length/wingspan orgasm, there is never two defensive liabilities on the floor at the same time.

Meanwhile.....Joe Harris.

You've been killing Harris lately, which is easy to do for a 2nd round pick less than 30 games into his career. Problem is I've seen you, in an attempt to bash the scouting department, hype up players like Pero Antic who have been just as bad for a longer period of time.

Oh, and those two teams weren't thrown together this summer. They've been growing together for some time and their front offices have had years to figure out how to build around the core players.

Those 7'2" euros and their eurosteps...

eurooo.0.gif

You've been killing Harris lately, which is easy to do for a 2nd round pick less than 30 games into his career. Problem is I've seen you, in an attempt to bash the scouting department, hype up players like Pero Antic who have been just as bad for a longer period of time.

Oh, and those two teams weren't thrown together this summer. They've been growing together for some time and their front offices have had years to figure out how to build around the core players.

Harris is just the quintessence of the kind of players the FO goes for. As for Antic, he sports a limited skillset but also a lack of multiple distinct weaknesses or disadvantages.

I also believe players should be acquired primarily for their talent or potential and not necessarily specific fit. The opposite is how you end up with Waiters because you have Thompson.

Those 7'2" euros and their eurosteps...

eurooo.0.gif

I'm secretly hoping the Jazz make either Gobert or Kanter available at some point during this season.

Harris is just the quintessence of the kind of players the FO goes for. As for Antic, he sports a limited skillset but also a lack of multiple distinct weaknesses or disadvantages.

I also believe players should be acquired primarily for their talent or potential and not necessarily specific fit. The opposite is how you end up with Waiters because you have Thompson.

I mean isn't acquiring players via the bolded method how they ended up deciding to take Anthony Bennett #1?

There are pros/cons to each method of team buidling

Last edited:
I'm secretly hoping the Jazz make either Gobert or Kanter available at some point during this season.

Maybe they make Kanter available but he's not an impact defender at all.

No way they make Gobert available--he's already a difference maker defensively and hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Too bad we didn't need a center in 2013 because guys like Dieng and Gobert went 21st and 27th in the draft.

Reactions: KB
I mean isn't acquiring players via the bolded method how they ended up deciding to take Anthony Bennett #1?
There are pros/cons to each method of team buidling

While I do agree that there are pros and cons to each method (much like anything); Bennett was picked because of he was "ready to contribute" and because of his "fit".

"As we did our evaluations throughout the entire year, we just kept coming back to his ability and his talent and how it fit with our guys," Cavs general manager Chris Grant said. "A lot of times, like last year, it's just clear cut. But for us, through the year, we always had him very high in our rankings and as we went back and reviewed the film and went on campus and visited everybody, we came away saying he's a great kid. He's willing to work and do the right things and he's got a bunch of talent."

"A lot of guys in this draft were out for medical reasons, but at the end of the day we just felt like this was the right guy to add with all the talent he has," Grant said. "You put him in a pick and roll with Dion or Kyrie, he's going to be pretty difficult to guard because he can shoot the ball and is athletic and can handle the ball and get to the rim."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ny-bennett-no-1-draft-pick-cleveland/2473765/

What does that even mean? We've had the current front office for less than a year.

As far as I know, the only difference from the last office is only one man named David Griffin being promoted from within.

While I do agree that there are pros and cons to each method (much like anything); Bennett was picked because of he was "ready to contribute" and because of his "fit".

As far as I know, the only difference from the last office is only one man named David Griffin being promoted from within.

I don't know about the article showing the concept of drafting on fit. The posted article mentions the concept of fit but it seems to stress the belief in Bennetts talent just as, much if not more so, than his fit.

I don't know about the article showing the concept of drafting on fit. The posted article mentions the concept of fit but it seems to stress the belief in Bennetts talent just as, much if not more so, than his fit.

Yes, but it mentions his talent (which is questionable, poor scouting) in the present tense. Not potential, ceiling, "what he can become", etc. And that's where the "ready to contribute" comes in.

Reactions: KB
This Portland team is so fun to watch.

That Blazers/Spurs game was awesome.

I know it shouldn't surprise me every time, but Lillard is a beast and it showed tonight. Granted the Spurs were without Parker and Leonard.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."