• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 25 | Cavs (14-10) Vs Nets (10-14) |Friday Dec 19th 2014 | 7:30pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This was one of those games where his physical decline was really obvious.

Yeah it's kinda crazy. Some nights he looks, fast, explosive, strong, physical and all those other words that describe his unique athleticism.
An then other nights, he just can't get past his defender, hopes for contact, takes ridiculous jumpers and just looks... old!?
I don't even know what word to use to describe it, cause he's still an elite basketball player.

But whatever, I've already accepted that he's a way different player right now than...yeah, than obviously 6 months ago.

Well, at least it's a win while the Big Three played poorly offensively. Defense was better after the attrocious first quarter. We actually contested shots better but they made some tough ones. Conversely, we missed a bunch of shots at the rim--the game should not have been close at the end. We were more aggressive and it showed in how many FTs we got. And Miller hitting open threes while also being open a whole bunch of other times.

The bad was that we didn't run our offense for long stretches...again. We just don't trust the offense. James and KI go into ISO mode so quickly rather than sticking to the offense.

They didn't have DWill or Lopez and still gave us a hard time.

We out rebounded a terrible rebounding team which helped win the game of course, but out rebounding them, getting a bunch oF FTs more than they did, getting help from that awful Darius dude...all to win by 3. Not very uplifting after that nut punching the Hawks gave us, but better than a loss.

As much as this as been said in this thread, MM is my x factor in tonight's win. I was all for Blatt starting JJ or MM to spread the floor despite the first quarter scoring being beyond consistent but he finally did it and it paid off.

They allowed too many points in the first but I am going to throw that up to trying to feel out what collectively, this unit with MM could do. Beyond that point, the threat of MM behind the arc spread the floor and made the opponent have to cover 1 more guy out there. MM is not always going to be THAT hot but the threat was there and that was the key to the play and win.

To only have the big 3 with 20 or so points each, it seems 1 or 2 can get it going in a game but not all 3...

Play that 2nd quarter defense the entire game against Memphis and hand them their second consecutive loss.

I used to read through every thread and read every game thread as it was happening, but I slowly realized it would make me go insane. I love coming on here after a win and going back and reading through the thread knowing when the meltdowns will come.

Guys, it's December. R-E-L-A-X! Of course this team has flaws. Every team has flaws. Look at how San Antonio is struggling right now. You think they are worried? Hell no. Remember how good the Pacers were up until the All-Star break last year? Then what happened? Instead of freaking out about how much the team "sucks," let's remember why these guys came here. Not for a fucking game in December. They came here to win in the playoffs. I know it's hard to enjoy the games right now because we all want the Cavs to look like the Warriors, but the fact is, that whole team is the exact same as last year with the exception of Livingston and Kerr. The chemistry is already there, Kerr just had to tinker a little bit.

Of course the defense is concerning. Poor shooting nights happen. If you go around and let your emotions get the better of you every single game, your heart won't make it to April, May and hopefully June. You can't snap your fingers and say, "here's the turning point." The player have to figure it out themselves. Until they do, it's going to look a little ugly. If they aren't playing well come mid-March, then panic and worry can set in. Until then, remember how excited you were for this team to get on the court in the offseason and STOP FUCKING WORRYING!

/steps off soapbox

LeBron wlll LeBron. and Miller must Miller and tonight we saw Miller high life.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."