• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Need another wing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Harden at 36 though? :chuckle:

No defensive stat is perfect although Houston fans do feels that he's improved his defense. I suspect good offensive players help defense as well (you make a bucket: less chance the other team gets into transition for example). That being said I do not take this ranking seriously in terms of absolute value (i.e. RAPM says he's the 5th best versus another guys who is 10 best so the 5th best has to better) as the sample sizes are very small now. As a general indicator they're probably better then what we otherwise have available and Dudley is the only guy on the list who may be available IMO

Overall still looking likely Tucker and Dudley as the two best and likely available options.

Tucker's defensive stats aren't bad and he's a good 3 point shooter. 3 year deal too which is likely something Phoenix wants to shed. Problem is he doesn't fit in the TPE so I'd imagine we'd have to move Waiters to get him

Mike Miller is officially our starting shooting guard. We are in need of a Band-Aid situation at the moment. I would of pulled the trigger on a first rounder for Brewer, he is not all star but easily way better then what we have.

Orlando Magic did the same thing when Nelson went down with a injury in 09. Traded for Rafer Alston and still got to the finals

Overall still looking likely Tucker and Dudley as the two best and likely available options.

Tucker's defensive stats aren't bad and he's a good 3 point shooter. 3 year deal too which is likely something Phoenix wants to shed. Problem is he doesn't fit in the TPE so I'd imagine we'd have to move Waiters to get him

Unfortunately, Waiters is probably one of the last players in the NBA that Phoenix would be interested in trading for right now. Just a terrible fit.

Unfortunately, Waiters is probably one of the last players in the NBA that Phoenix would be interested in trading for right now. Just a terrible fit.

It saves them money this year and next plus an additional contract year. Waiters becomes an expiring contract trade commodity next year as well. In other words the deal makes sense for them financially rather then in on court terms

It saves them money this year and next plus an additional contract year. Waiters becomes an expiring contract trade commodity next year as well. In other words the deal makes sense for them financially rather then in on court terms

I understand your logic, but I don't see how Waiters could find playing time to enhance his value with Bledsore, Dragic and Thomas all ahead of
him in the rotation. He only makes around $4 million, so it's not as though he will have a 2015 Haywoodesque expiring contract to really appeal to other teams.

I understand your logic, but I don't see how Waiters could find playing time to enhance his value with Bledsore, Dragic and Thomas all ahead of
him in the rotation. He only makes around $4 million, so it's not as though he will have a 2015 Haywoodesque expiring contract to really appeal to other teams.

Phoenix also drafted Tyler Ennis with their 18th pick last year who to needs minutes. Not a good fit for them at all.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't usually make those Dudley sucks type if comments. I don't like giving up any thing we have for him.

Pretty much hate how we dumped 3 young wings with size in the offseason.

Dudley has no foot speed whatsoever but he does know how to play good help defense and knock down an open 3. I mean if he's just being given away from nothing I'll take him.

The Nuggets though seem like the team to me. We're already to the point that it might be time for them to give up on the playoff dream. The 8th spot is the only realistic spot they can get and the Thunder are gonna be putting that out of reach in less than a month. Chandler and/or Afflalo both should be available.

I really like Khris Middleton. He is an under the radar move I would not mind making.

Dudley has no foot speed whatsoever but he does know how to play good help defense and knock down an open 3. I mean if he's just being given away from nothing I'll take him.

The Nuggets though seem like the team to me. We're already to the point that it might be time for them to give up on the playoff dream. The 8th spot is the only realistic spot they can get and the Thunder are gonna be putting that out of reach in less than a month. Chandler and/or Afflalo both should be available.

It's reasonable as Denver salary is that of playoff team not a lottery team. Only concern is both Afflalo and Chandler's defensive +/- don't look too hot. Afflalo has a decent def PER but I don't put much stock in that stat. All things considered I'd go with Waiters/Amundson for Afflalo is we're dealing with Denver. With Miller looking capable at SG that allows Marion to go back to being a forward.

Use the TPE and if we have any second rounders left for a guy like Biyombo and I'd be happy

Last edited:
It's reasonable as Denver salary is that of playoff team not a lottery team. Only concern is both Afflalo and Chandler's defensive +/- don't look too hot. Afflalo has a decent def PER but I don't put much stock in that stat. All things considered I'd go with Waiters/Amundson for Afflalo is we're dealing with Denver. With Miller looking capable at SG that allows Marion to go back to being a forward.

Use the TPE and if we have any second rounders left for a guy like Biyombo and I'd be happy

I like this, but should the Cavs put Afflalo in the starting lineup? he's a scorer so he might take away some of the scoring from the big 3 which I don't like, I think the Cavs need a defensive wing to start and a scorer like Afflalo off the bench for almost 30 mins a night.
I like Biyombo alot and I think he would fit well.

the one thing i really dislike about Afflalo is that he has a player option after the season and is basically a lock to become a free-agent. it wouldn't surprise if me if he gets a raise, SGs like him are a hot commodity around the league.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."