• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Addressing the hole at center

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
All I can say at this point is for the Cavs to get a center who can block/alter shots but doesn't have to be a offensive option either, because right now, they don't need to have a offensive skilled center, just one who stop this carnage that comes in the low post.

I have a feeling we're going to wait till the off-season and then make a move for Sanders with the combination of the Haywood contract and the Memphis pick.

The Bucks are going to build around Parker, Giannis, and whoever they pick this year. Adding the Memphis gives them one more piece to compensate for losing Sanders talent while they shed his contract (He's 9th in defensive ESPN RAPM and seems an ideal fit next to a big like Love. Similar to the Chandler/Dirk combo)

According to Terry Pluto:

Cavs General Manager David Griffin did not seriously consider trading for Corey Brewer. He wanted to hang on to his $5.3 million trade exception. A major problem was Minnesota wanting two upper level second-round picks. The Cavs didn't have those. Nor were the Cavs willing to trade their future first-round pick (protected and belonging to Memphis).

Minnesota traded Brewer to Houston on Friday for Troy Daniels and two second-round picks. It's mostly a salary dump, as Brewer has the right to become a free agent after the season. Houston used its trade exception to take on Brewer's $4.7 million contract.

Brewer is a shooting guard/small forward who is athletic and can defend. He's a 10-point scorer, a very nice player who would have fit with the Cavs.

Griffin has decided to wait, his goal being to add another big man -- one who can block some shots and rebound. The trading deadline is February 19, and there may be some big men available close to the deadline.

If Griffin had made a strong bid for Brewer, that would have been the Cavs main in-season move. The salary cap would have prevented most other deals. The trade option is the key because it allows a team to get rid of a contract (as Minnesota did with Brewer), but not take back much money.

What about Brandon Wright folks?

A very good shout, actually.

They have Oly, Sully and Zeller already. With Rondo gone, they are kind of thin in terms of talent in the back-court. So, someone like Dion would certainly tempt them. The only issue is, I am not sure if Brandan Wright is that good enough to give away a even though frustrating but talented player like Dion.

Brandon Wright has a PER of 26 and is 39th in the league RAPM. He'd be a great add: we need another athletic big and he'd fit the bill (Great shotblocker but not rebounder though). He fits within the TPE as well. Boston currently is in 8th place and it would be interesting to know what Ainge is thinking - he wants to tank I'm sure but I think he'd want a pick added to the TPE to make it worthwhile for them and I'm not sure we have any second rounders left.

I'm not sure we have any second rounders left.

Cavs own a bunch of conditional 2nd-round picks that are highly unlikely to materialize and are virtually worthless if they do (top-55 protected). The earliest 2nd-round-pick of their own they could trade is for 2019.

Perhaps Wright can be considered the player-to-be-named-later in the lopsided Zeller deal...

He looks very mobile

Last edited:
A very good shout, actually.

They have Oly, Sully and Zeller already. With Rondo gone, they are kind of thin in terms of talent in the back-court. So, someone like Dion would certainly tempt them. The only issue is, I am not sure if Brandan Wright is that good enough to give away a even though frustrating but talented player like Dion.
if they think wright's new contract will be reasonable, i'd do waiters (& filler if needed?) for wright & crowder. partially because i'm not sold that waiters will net a really good rim protector, even if they throw in the memphis pick that they may or may not be willing to do.

but, it's worth pointing out that sending some random shitty pick isn't going to get a deal for wright done either. it's similar to mozgov in that regard - some might think sending waiters is overpaying, but they are delusional if they think they'll steal him for some near-worthless pick(s).

if they think wright's new contract will be reasonable, i'd do waiters (& filler if needed?) for wright & crowder. partially because i'm not sold that waiters will net a really good rim protector, even if they throw in the memphis pick that they may or may not be willing to do.

but, it's worth pointing out that sending some random shitty pick isn't going to get a deal for wright done either. it's similar to mozgov in that regard - some might think sending waiters is overpaying, but they are delusional if they think they'll steal him for some near-worthless pick(s).

Defiantly could use that Miami 1st round pick right now. Thanks Griffin :banghead:

I'll say that the grizz front office might have enjoyed dions play tonight.....may help in negotiations for a swing for koufos/guard

im still holding out hope the nuggets go on another losing streak and blow it up

i really think mozgov is our guy

plus, how awesome will it be when mozgov assists a k. love basket and Fred screams "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE!"

72309efb0857383bce695757966e0a28.jpg

Cavs gotta get Brendan Wright, they must start negotiating now.
He is what the Cavs need.
He can score, block shots and a good weak side defender..
It sucks the Cavs gave Wolves the 1st round pick since they could have offered that to the rebuilding Celtics since they don't really need 5 centers -_-
Bah.

After seeing off season trades, and Varejao ' s extension, does anyone have any faith in griffin? I feel like the guys is in over his head, throwing around picks because he lucked out with LeBron wanting to come home.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."