• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dion has been AWFUl this season. Can you argue against that? We're trying to win a championship over here. He gets paid millions of dollars. Get on the court and play the right way, or sit. That's the way things are; Dion has earned his current place on this team.

And the table you posted earlier in the thread showed that Dion has improved defensively. Great.

But his improvement from being total shit to just pretty shitty doesn't help your argument...

are you kidding me. you have three all stars and 3 of top 10 scorers from the previous season including a goat. 15-10. Dion was an early scapegoat.. this team is running out of them fast.

The only Guard who has any consistent success sharing a backcourt with Irving is lebron james, steph curry and waiters when its been made clear that they are sticking with such as the end of last season.

Dion started for 3 games this season . He has been coached to keep playing the way he does..be a spot up shooter ( one they dont pass the ball too when wide open) a Ball handling driver, A distributor. (something he had success with and they quickly changed his role again. )

this team is playing for a championship on hype. they havent done anything and the you have a total of 4 players on the roster who have.

when the big three get their shit together perhaps then we might see some consistency from the bench.

hell the bench did well againt brooklyn last night and their reward was very limited time in the 2nd half as a collective.

I have more post on the subject than anyone else on this thread. Ive put out stats.

On one occasion you put out a table of stats that someone pointed out weren't even remotely near anything Dion Waiters had done. I think ever. And it was't just one stat...You literally made up an entire table of multiple stats.

are you kidding me. you have three all stars and 3 of top 10 scorers from the previous season including a goat. 15-10. Dion was an early scapegoat.. this team is running out of them fast.

The only Guard who has any consistent success sharing a backcourt with Irving is lebron james, steph curry and waiters when its been made clear that they are sticking with such as the end of last season.

Dion started for 3 games this season . He has been coached to keep playing the way he does..be a spot up shooter ( one they dont pass the ball too when wide open) a Ball handling driver, A distributor. (something he had success with and they quickly changed his role again. )

this team is playing for a championship on hype. they havent done anything and the you have a total of 4 players on the roster who have.

when the big three get their shit together perhaps then we might see some consistency from the bench.

hell the bench did well againt brooklyn last night and their reward was very limited time in the 2nd half as a collective.

Shooting 30/20 for the first quarter of the season is what made him the "scapegoat".

You're making excuses. I'm saying his production and his attitude haven't been starting caliber. If he played as hard as Delly this wouldn't even be a discussion.

We are competing for a championship because we have Lebron James. If he is on the roster, that is your goal at all times. We're not gonna wait for Dion to get with the program, feel out his role, find his spots. There are 3 people on this roster who can have leeway, because we flat out will not win the title without them playing well: Lebron, Kyrie and Love.

Dion has been an average to below average NBA player so far. It's not about ability or potential. It's about production. And he hasn't produced efficiently enough on either end of the court to start. "Period".

EDIT: by the way, you didn't argue against him playing awfully, you just made excuses for why he is, supporting my argument

Last edited:
On one occasion you put out a table of stats that someone pointed out weren't even remotely near anything Dion Waiters had done. I think ever. And it was't just one stat...You literally made up an entire table of multiple stats.
I think your mistaken i have over 150 post on this topic and legitimate stats and my stats were far from incorrect but im more than willing to revist whatever your referring to if it was the post rich commented on. those were Dions stats and he implied they could be anybodies because I didnt put Dions name on them. notice the poster didnt provide anything that disputed the actual stat themselves. I also have alot of charts and such that didnt transfer over with the site. thats not my fault they were pointed out at the time

Last edited:
Shooting 30/20 for the first quarter of the season is what made him the "scapegoat".

You're making excuses. I'm saying his production and his attitude haven't been starting caliber. If he played as hard as Delly this wouldn't even be a discussion.

We are competing for a championship because we have Lebron James. If he is on the roster, that is your goal at all times. We're not gonna wait for Dion to get with the program, feel out his role, find his spots. There are 3 people on this roster who can have leeway, because we flat out will not win the title without them playing well: Lebron, Kyrie and Love.

Dion has been an average to below average NBA player so far. It's not about ability or potential. It's about production. And he hasn't produced efficiently enough on either end of the court to start. "Period".

Actually there are no players on this roster who have any leeway when it comes to winning a championship and as long as their allowed that leeway and not held accountable this team will be more like the brooklyn nets and new york nets than the miami heat.

Attitude? Dion didnt hhave to goto the bench. he elected to goto the bench because he was convinced by whoever that it gave the team the best chance to win.
Dion has also shown himself in his two season resume to come on strong in the second half of the season and you want to talk about defense Milller gave up 12 points to karasev they had to have smomeone else guard him in the 2nd half. not exactl a stellar effort defensively.. james jone on that end hasnt showed much defensively.. in fact james jones defense is a large reason he would dissappear in mimia for long stretches of time.

Then you have Delly and Harris who are good for short stretches but have all faded out of flavor aspossible starting guards because they just arent good at long stretched.

This coaching staff will do what the other two previous coaching staffs have done and thats go back to Dion. its a part of the equation people seem to forget when mentioning how both coaches benched him.

did Dion get off to a bad start.. sure he did but so do alot of other high caliber players in the NBA. hell kyrie shot 2 percent in the third game.

EDIT: by the way, you didn't argue against him playing awfully, you just made excuses for why he is, supporting my argument

If your argument is That starting caliber players never have bad stretches of games and therefore Dion is not a starter.. then i suppose i did. Is that your argument colonel?

Dion needs to go. He cant defend without fouling and always seems slow, mentally and physically. He just doesn't fit this team. He needs to be on a team where he can be A alpha dog.

Rondos playoff stats and his regular stats are two entirely different things. Dallas is now a whole new animal.

Exception or rule?

btw rondo was posting his average career stat by year two.
And Westbrook (remember his chemistry issues with Durant?)http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html
And Tony Parker http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html
And Danny Green http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02.html
And John Wall http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01.html
And Steve Nash http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nashst01.html
And Jimmy Butler http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/butleji01.html
And Klay Thompson http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html

Rondo made the all-star team four years on a championship club.

His PER
13.1 - year 1
15.6 - year 2
18.8 - year 3
19.1 - year 4
17.1 - year 5
17.5 - year 6
18.1 - year 7

Last edited:

You are being generous here. On top of being undersized Dion is a below average SG / player in the league in basically every possible stat / advanced stat out there. PER, VORP, TS%, he is also one of the worst finishing two guards in the 3ft range in the nba.

I think your mistaken i have over 150 post on this topic and legitimate stats and my stats were far from incorrect but im more than willing to revist whatever your referring to if it was the post rich commented on. those were Dions stats and he implied they could be anybodies because I didnt put Dions name on them. notice the poster didnt provide anything that disputed the actual stat themselves. I also have alot of charts and such that didnt transfer over with the site. thats not my fault they were pointed out at the time

Here was a table of stats you supplied that he pointed out were just wrong. Some of the numbers are just nonsense and I don't know how not having charts transfer could make this happen.

Month GP MIN FGM FGA FG%

October 1 5.3 1.0 2.0 50.0

November 11 8.1 1.5 3.1 47.1

December 11 10.4 2.2 4.8 45.3

January 15 9.0 2.2 4.7 46.5

February 6 9.6 1.7 4.5 37.0

March 14 10.0 2.2 5.4 40.8

April 5 7.3 2.2 3.2 68.8

Except it isnt true.

Formatted (sorta) to make it easier. First line is October, last march.
GP --MIN --FGM---FGA--FG%
1 ----5.3----1.0---2.0---50.0
11 ---8.1---1.5---3.1----47.1
11---10.4---2.2---4.8---45.3
15 ---9.0----2.2---4.7---46.5
6 ----9.6----1.7---4.5---37.0
14---10.0---2.2---5.4---40.8
5 ----7.3----2.2 ---3.2---68.8

Here is his sophmore year. First line October.

GP---MIN---FGM---FGA---FG%

1----29.4---5.0----12-----41.7
14---28.4---5.4----12.8---41.9
11---31.6---5.9----13.6---43.3
15---27.3---5.2----13.1---39.8
8----24.3---5.6----12.5---45.0
14---33.8---7.8----17.6--44.3
7----31.5---7.6----15.7---48.2

Nothing about this matches.

Rookie year. Again, just nothing.

GP---MIN---FGM---FGA---FG%

1----28.2---6.0---14.0---42.9
15---32.0---5.5---15.0---36.9
8----31.6---4.9----14.3---34.2

Last edited:
If your argument is That starting caliber players never have bad stretches of games and therefore Dion is not a starter.. then i suppose i did. Is that your argument colonel?

lol. his bad stretch is his entire career. way to make yourself look stupid. again.

EDIT: and where did the colonel thing come from? It's connel...not colonel. Dislexia?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."