• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#8: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State University

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
can anyone explain why it took till week 14 to manziel to beat out hoyer? what the hell did the browns see in him?

perhaps you see what i did there?

I was asking a serious question. Is it his technique, work ethic, or is corner just a position that takes a few years to get good at.

I was asking a serious question. Is it his technique, work ethic, or is corner just a position that takes a few years to get good at.

so was I! is it his maturity, his experience, his work ethic, or is it just a position that takes a few years to get good at.

to answer your question about gilbert, he was the best CB of the draft. that wasnt an accident. he played in the big 12 which is nothing more than pass pass pass. it took haden till almost his entire rookie season to piece thigns together and he is a top 5 CB in the league now.

basically for someone that has been calling for manziel to play for several weeks now, questioning gilbert is absolutely and totally hypocritical.

He was answering it by telling you that you're off-base by summarizing his career after 13 games.

He was answering it by telling you that you're off-base by summarizing his career after 13 games.

Wasn't summarizing his "career" after 13 games, even though technically that is his career to date.

I keyed in on him on a lot of plays last Sunday as I was at the game. Didn't look very smooth, seemed to get beat a lot and had trouble closing. I realize Skrine is a better player today, but Gilbert looked very lost out there to me. (then again, Skrine was a disaster at first too). If everyone thinks it's just a typical rookie season, fine. I won't bring it up again until next year.

Hard to judge a corner his rookie year. Arguably the toughest transition on defense: new offensive schemes....new talent level....much faster game. They are often caught thinking instead of reacting which leads to getting burned, looking slower, etc.

If he looks like this next year, we have issues but I'm not worried yet.

I keyed in on him on a lot of plays last Sunday as I was at the game. Didn't look very smooth, seemed to get beat a lot and had trouble closing. I realize Skrine is a better player today, but Gilbert looked very lost out there to me. (then again, Skrine was a disaster at first too). If everyone thinks it's just a typical rookie season, fine. I won't bring it up again until next year.

I also was at the game and watching him. Did you notice that every time TY was on Gilbert, the ball went his way?

If there's one other thing I did notice during the game about Gilbert, it's that catchable balls came his way, but weren't caught. I honestly have concern as well, but I think there's a lot of rookie yips there. If he comes into camp lacking discipline on his technique, then I think it's much more justified to be worried.

If you look at the draft history on DBs when Farmer was in Kansas City, you'll notice there are a few guys that didn't jump off the stat-sheet right away, but are solid players now. I'm personally reserving judgment, but that's because I want him to succeed. I don't want to call him a bust yet.

so....Williams and Haden are out, and they would rather convert Poyer, who has hardly been a regular staple of the d-backfield rotation all year, to cornerback to play infront of Gilbert.

Riddle me your excuse for this one, Monix and b00bs.

Should they cut him this offseason?

I don't think anyone's saying this (I hope not!), but man has this kid been a disappointment thus far. Continuously not being able to beat out Skrine (albeit, Skrine is improved this season) and now gets passed up for a starting spot with Haden out & us out of playoff contention..

I don't think anyone's saying this (I hope not!), but man has this kid been a disappointment thus far. Continuously not being able to beat out Skrine (albeit, Skrine is improved this season) and now gets passed up for a starting spot with Haden out & us out of playoff contention..

A guy who was playing at Division II Lindenwood last year is playing over him.

Enough said. He's been a huge disappointment.

Yikes!!!

Not looking good for our FO for the 1st round picks last year. Seemed to hit good on later picks and UDFA, but man..............We get 2 more this offseason.

First round picks since 2012:

Weeden
Richardson
Mingo
Manziel
Gilbert

Holy fuck. And you people wonder why this team blows.

First round picks since 2012:

Weeden
Richardson
Mingo
Manziel
Gilbert

Holy fuck. And you people wonder why this team blows.

Which is why we shouldn't be afraid to trade the picks for established players. We've rarely drafted worth a damn...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."