• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
Next person to talk about a penis on RCF outside of EAYOR is getting a rubber replica of one mailed to their house with detailed instructions on where to stick it and you won't like the destination.

We've played over 25 games now, and Kevin is still rarely making his presence felt. He's still putting up numbers to some extent, but most nights he's practically invisible other than the 1st quarter.

Not feeling good at all about his future here.

I hope the frustration shown today was about his play. He has to realize this is not Minny anymore... We are aming for the Finals... He will have to be more agresive and improve on defense. That's on him. I think it was quite a jump in expectations and every game effort requirements for him... he looks like a rookie sometimes.

This is exactly what happened with Bosh in Miami. Someone's going to have their sacrifice their numbers and when you have guys like Dion and AV blowup you bite the bullet. Sure Memphis didn't have two key players but we just blew them away: after years of getting blown up in Minnesota - Love is playing fine and will be fine.

One good thing is he's been contesting a lot more at the rim. For an offensive player this a big change but he's been putting up more resistance downlow.

I am not a Chicken Little, but I think there is a genuine cause for concern Love is going to walk in the summer. It isn't just this game. His body language the past couple games haven't been great.

Love of course has stated that he wants to win and that means sacrificing some shots. However, I think there is a difference to a competitor like him between being a team player and being completely ignored on offense after the first quarter. He doesn't get touches, and when he does it isn't consistent. Players like him, who can't shoot themselves out of a slump by volume, because they aren't ball handlers, need the ball fed to them at least semi-consistently to maintain a rhythm. He isn't getting that.

It isn't as if there aren't enough shots to go around; they just aren't giving them to him.

Anyone that has played at such a high-level through out his career is going to have some pride in their game. He is on pace to have the worst season of his career as a starter and will likely not get an All-Star nod unless the fans vote him in. The man was a 2nd Team All-NBA player last year and he has to beg to get more touches than Dion Waiters or TT. I don't care how much of a team player someone is; that really has to be irritating.

Given what the Cavs traded for him, and what options they'd have if he did walk, I think it is certainly an issue that must be addressed.

Last edited:
I swear this is like clockwork... Kevin has a bad game by his standards and people are up in arms about his future or if we should have traded for him...

He was personally frustrated. He missed some easy shots and he felt some fouls were not called on him.. It happens. Love actually showed some solid effort on defense today, including a nice block late in the game as we were working to extend the lead.

He's happy here and he wants to win. Everything he's said is about doing whatever it takes to win... As a competitor, he's frustrated because he feels he should be knocking down those shots, as he has his entire career.

You people need to calm down and enjoy the season.

I swear this is like clockwork... Kevin has a bad game by his standards and people are up in arms about his future or if we should have traded for him...

He was personally frustrated. He missed some easy shots and he felt some fouls were not called on him.. It happens. Love actually showed some solid effort on defense today, including a nice block late in the game as we were working to extend the lead.

He's happy here and he wants to win. Everything he's said is about doing whatever it takes to win... As a competitor, he's frustrated because he feels he should be knocking down those shots, as he has his entire career.

You people need to calm down and enjoy the season.

It isn't about a bad game or a good game. Despite going 1-10 against the Nets, I felt he had a good game because of his defense and rebounding. But, there is a systemic problem in that he doesn't get the touches he needs. Tonight isn't an outlier, it occurs 3/4 of the time and you can start to see it effect him.

If Love walks, I want to make a hard push at Gasol.

I've got to be honest, I'm a fan of the Love-Wiggins trade because it's better for us to win now, but I've been a little underwhelmed by Love... I mean he's not playing bad obviously, I guess I just expected him to be better. It seems like he struggles in the post, seems like he always comes up short on his turn around hook shots from about 5 feet, it's just some little things. But I think he will be a much bigger factor for us in the playoffs.

People please, K Love will not walk this summer, stop over reacting. Once he tastes the playoffs w/ us, he will love it (no pun intended). He's also playing with his friend and star (Kyrie) and the best player in the world (LeBron). We will be able to offer him the most money as well, situation doesn't get much better than that.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."