• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Official Game of Thrones [A Song of Ice and Fire] Thread (includes spoilers)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Holy shit. The ending of chapter 1. That's the good old fashioned heart break and devastation that I have come to know from ASOIAF. My first play through I tried to go with a more strategic, conciliatory approach. Now I'm just gonna go full on fuck the Boltons mode and see what happens. True Northerner style.

Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the "Raven Sight" promos, but it looks like we will be finally getting the replacement for the prophecies and flashbacks that we had been missing.

I know Bran isn't supposed to be in it this season, but I'm gonna guess they are going to have ambiguous flashes like these teasers sprinkled throughout the season, showing more and more of the past and the future.

Guessing it won't be long before we see the Tower of Joy.

Such dorks...

When is this coming back?

Finally read the northern conspiracy essays and found them really interesting. Can't say i think they are all true but i think the main gist's that the north remembers and values the starks above all will definitely be a key theme in TWOW.

Anybody heard anything new at all about when TWOW might possibly ever come out? Any chance it's before middle of next year?

Anybody heard anything new at all about when TWOW might possibly ever come out? Any chance it's before middle of next year?

I think we'd already be getting plenty of buzz if that were the case, sadly. Feel like 2016 is the earliest.

I think we'd already be getting plenty of buzz if that were the case, sadly. Feel like 2016 is the earliest.

Didn't they announce Dance's official release date around March the year it came out? It came out in July, so that was only a couple of months ahead of time.

Didn't they announce Dance's official release date around March the year it came out? It came out in July, so that was only a couple of months ahead of time.
Yeah, that's what I though. Plus I always imagined it was gonna be bang-bang. No more hinted release dates. They're gonna wait til he's straight up done and it's sent to the printers before they announce the release date.

Yeah, that's what I though. Plus I always imagined it was gonna be bang-bang. No more hinted release dates. They're gonna wait til he's straight up done and it's sent to the printers before they announce the release date.

Well, he wasn't actually finished when they announced the Dance release, but he was close enough to done that they knew he could hit the target date, which he did. I'd assume they'll do the same thing with Winds. They'll announce it when he's a few months away from completion and set the release date about six months after the announcement.

I'm reading through the series for the second time, I'm only at maybe 75% of book one and I'm already amazed at what I either missed or didn't remember from my first read through a few years ago. Hopefully once I re-read the books, then re-watch the shows, then play the games, maybe he'll have something for me then [emoji16]

I got A World of Ice and Fire for Christmas. Haven't really had a chance to dig in yet but it's pretty interesting:

Nice thread.

Stannisgif_zps3qtwhvjj.gif

I got A World of Ice and Fire for Christmas. Haven't really had a chance to dig in yet but it's pretty interesting:

I'm up to the doom of Valeria really interesting stuff so far and conveniently vague. It gives you a much better feel for just how many civilisations have been obliterated. The whole part with nymeria and dorne made so much sense to why they are so different culturally

Also I never picked up the difference between wargs and skin changers

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."