• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Bibby or Kidd?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kidd of Bibby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomas#8

a Dutch Basketball fan
Reaction score
Now that the "Kidd requests trade" rumors are back again, and with Mike Bibby healthy, I wonder... Who would you go after if you were Ferry???

This season, heads and facts:
bibbykidd1pd9.jpg

Career stats:
Mike Bibby's career stats
Jason Kidd's career stats

I would take Kidd because he and LeBron already played together and seem to come along just fine. For Bibby to become a Cav seems more realistic tho, because a deal with the Kings would be much easier in my opinion...

Not much the level of the posts I usually read here, but I'm just curious:king:

I really want to see Bibby in a Cavs uniform... I've always liked his game. But this isn't even close. Bibby has never made an all-star game yet Kidd is a first ballot HOF and one of the best PGs of all time. Kidd every day of the week.

Kidd is a greater passer and runner of the offense, lebron handles the ball all the time and is a great passer. we dont need two on the floor at the same time. We nee bibby he can score more frequently and hit the three , and he might acutally be around for 5 yrs, he cna run some plays and pass but can still be effective when not dominating the ball. Bibby is the man not kidd. Just bc kidd and bron do well on the olympics means nothing in the NBA. Its a team of stars.

Andre Miller because he is 80% the player at 60% of the cost.

If forced to choose amongst them, I choose Bibby. If, in some insane way, we are able to deal Hughes in the package for Kidd, I prefer Kidd, but running a backcourt of Kidd-Hughes would be a horrific sight. Aren't both shooting under 40%? Worse then that, I have watched the Nets quite a bit this season, and have begun to notice the "Eric Snow" syndrome w/ Kidd, where he doesn't want to shoot, even when he is open. W/ the defenses collapsing on Lebron, and assuming Drew is the main piece in a trade for either, can we really run a starting 5 w/ 3 offensively deficient guys? I am not sure. There is the outside possibility Hughes would improve w/ Kidd, but I am not willing to take that leap of faith.

Bibby makes the most sense, as he gives us another relaible scorer, but w/ our frontcourt issues and injuries, I am not convinced trading Drew won't bite us in the ass. (yes, Drew sucks defensively, but his rebounding and occasional offensive outbursts would be missed) I'd prefer a smaller deal for Miller if at all possible. (Ira + either DJ or Marsh)

As long as Drew Gooden is involved, I think we come out winners regardless..

This is really a very hard question to answer. Both players would bring something to this team that they desperately need.

Bibby is a legitimate 2nd offensive option. He can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and more importantly create his own shot. He also has a nice drive and dish game that would make Z more effective in the post.

Kidd is a hall of fame player who leadership alone will win a round in the playoffs for the Cavs. He's one of the all time great passers in the game and even at the age of 34 is a great defender. More importantly acquiring him would allow Lebron to do what he's best in the NBA at, finishing. Larry Hughes would benefit the most with Kidd on this team. Kidd's ability to rebound, coupled with his court vision makes the Cavs a faster paced offensive team which would allow Hughes to play more like the Washington Hughes.

Right now I give the edge to Kidd but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the Cavs ended up with Kidd, Bibby or Miller.

JASON KIDD. Without a doubt. I'd love Bibby, don't get me wrong. This isn't a "Bibby is subpar" post, it's a "Kidd is amazing", post. J Kidd is the guy I used to copy my game after when I was 10 - he was just awsome, and still is. He's a true leader on any team he's on, and commands toughness and maturity out of his teammates. J Kidd on Cleveland and on least on paper, I would pick the Cavs to win it all. This guy just brings so much to the table.

On the other hand, Bibby is not far behind. His offensive ability is fantastic, and if Kidd makes me pick the Cavs to go all the way, Bibby probably does the same thing with less "umph".

To answer the question: either or. What either of these guys would add would propel this team very far.

I'm torn about this. No one's mentioned much about the age difference; it's not huge, and Bibby isn't a spring chicken, but you're looking at another 2 years of excellence from Kidd, maybe. Does Bibby make more sense in the long term? I think so.

But still, I think I'd take a two-year run at a championship with Kidd. That frees us up at the right time.

Kidd would be the best option, but Bibby would look good in a Cavs uni too.

I just want us to do something, we need to add a piece.

It's obvious who Lebron would prefer and I am inclined to agree with him. James knows that Kidd would make his life a whole lot easier and it wouldn't hurt for Bron' to be forced to perfect his off the ball game.

Bibby will be viable longer than Kidd.

Bibby will be viable longer than Kidd.

and he makes 7 mil less meaning the deal is easier to pull off. and he's in the west. i'd rather have bibby then kidd. and he can shoot which is the style of player lebron has made look great.

I'm not disputing any of the arguments that have been made for Bibby. The biggest argument for Kidd that trumps all of them is this - Lebron wants Kidd. Getting Kidd increases our chances of Lebron signing another extension here...that is more important than anything else.

What's really amazing is that Kidd and Bibby would both really like to play here. The tide is turning Cav's fans....yes, top players now want to play in Cleveland.

I'm not sure Kidd keeps LeBron here. If we get him, I feel he'll be gone when his contract is up anyways. We will not lock him up with an extension when we have LeBron to take care of first. Matter of fact, it could bring some tension between the front office and LeBron.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."