• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU Recruiting Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
For a school that supposedly is so concerned with academics, I have a question for the Michigan recruiting staff:

Q: Since the inception of the award in 1952, what school has produced the most CoSIDA Academic All-Americans?

Here's a clue: It ain't Michigan.

A: It's Nebraska... by a WIDE margin.

Nebraska has had 307 Academic All-Americans. Notre Dame is second with 231. MIT is third with 204. ... They're ahead of Notre Dame and MIT for Chrisesakes!

So where does Michigan rank? The are 20th among all schools with 111. Ohio State has had more (117). So has 'Bama (114). FRICKIN' ALABAMA!

Here's another question for the Michigan recruiting staff:

Q: Of Nebraska's 307 total Academic All-Americans, how many were football players?

A: 105!

Which means Nebraska has had almost as many football Academic All-Americans as Michigan has had TOTAL Academic All-Americans.

So if I were a Michigan recruiter, the last thing I would want to do is to compare Michigan to Nebraska in terms of academics among your athletes, especially in terms of your football program.

Last edited:
Not sounding like Carlton Davis will be in this class. Damon Arnette, a 3* corner currently committed to South Carolina, is visiting OSU this weekend and could the guy that fills Davis' spot.

5-star Porter Gustin plans to visit OSU.

This one actually might not be over yet, most think he's a lock to stay out West.

Urban may have something to say about that.

One team West of the Rocky mountains on his legit interest list. Ohio State. Would love to have Gustin.

Not sounding like Carlton Davis will be in this class. Damon Arnette, a 3* corner currently committed to South Carolina, is visiting OSU this weekend and could the guy that fills Davis' spot.

You are correct....

Confirmed by multiple sources, 247Sports has learned that Miami (FL) Norland DBCarlton Davis will not be signing with Ohio State when National Signing Day comes around next Wednesday, and it now looks like Auburn is sitting comfortably in the driver's seat to land the 4-star prospect.

Davis took an official visit to Auburn last weekend and reports following the trip were positive for the Tigers. Gus Malzahn, Travaris Robinson, and Will Muschampwent in-home with Davis on Tuesday night, which apparently sealed the deal for Auburn, as the Davis Family has told Ohio State not to make their scheduled visit this evening.

As NCB stated above, sounds like Carlton Davis won't be in the class.

There's a lot of moving parts at this point, which is exciting. I recall a lot of OSU honks believing that Meyer wouldn't have an interesting signing day..

I've also read today that although Isaiah Prince visited/committed to Bama, he took a visit to OSU right after. Apparently, Bama honks think he's coming this way. Think he's making his decision on signing day at 9:30 AM.

Porter Gustin is another guy who I see conflicting info on. Urban visited him (and his extended family) recently, but USC is still pretty confident.

Mike Weber's flirting with Michigan hasn't stopped, either.. He went to lunch with Harbaugh yesterday.

Mike Weber's flirting with Michigan hasn't stopped, either.. He went to lunch with Harbaugh yesterday.

He just needs to realize it's 1 year behind Zeke then it's him.

I guess I can understand his side chick status for UM, but how can you turn down a National Championship, a 1-2 favorite next year with sick recruiting classes just keep rolling in.

I guess the only thing that is "OK" with this is having Kareem Walker coming in '16.

OSU will be signing Damon Arnette instead of Carlton Davis.

He's a South Carolina "commit," but is visiting OSU this weekend.

KJ Hill seems like he wants to go to Bama, but their numbers crunch may prevent that from happening. If it does, I expect him to sign with Ohio State.

I don't think Weber flips as of right now, and based on TTUN offering some more running backs since Harbaugh met with him.

Hearing a lot of good stuff for Ohio State on Gustin, Beckner Jr., and Prince. A lot better chance on all 3 of them now than there was a few weeks ago following campus visits and in homes. Would be awesome to land 1 of them, but being in on all 3 is huge. How big of a coup would it be to get all 3?

Pretty slim odds.

Best chance is Gustin, IMO.

Prince is announcing on signing day now, after committing to Bama. That doesn't bode well for Bama, and I think it comes down to OSU or Maryland.

Beckner looks like all Mizzou. Getting Da'Von Hamilton to flip signals (to me, at least) where they think they stand with him.

These next few days are going to be fun for those who follow recruiting.

Starts tonight with Damon Arnette announcing around 8:30 between OSU and South Carolina.

Porter Gustin will announce tomorrow afternoon at 1 between OSU, USC, Arizona State and Utah (LINK)

Finally, Isaiah Prince and KJ Hill will announce on Signing Day. Prince is choosing at 9:30 am between OSU, Alabama and Maryland while Hill will be choosing between OSU, Alabama and Arkansas (time TBD).

Of course, we'll also find out if Torrance Gibson (Auburn, LSU, and Miami) and Mike Weber (Michigan) decide to stay with Ohio State or flip.

My guesses:
Gibson - OSU
Weber - OSU
Prince - OSU
Hill - OSU
Arnette - OSU
Gustin - USC

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."