• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Josh Gordon discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
What a shocking development. Browns still can't just unload him though, he had too much talent. Numerous other players have turned it around like Michael Irvin.

Irvin was a cokehead damn near the entire time he played in the NFL.

The dudes an addict, plain and simple. Needs to leave the league and get his life in order.

I don't how a guy can piss away millions of dollars.

I just can't comprehend it.

True, at least we can make more adjustments for the draft and FA.
You honestly think they were counting on him before this revelation? I would have hoped that WR was a draft and FA priority regardless of Gordon's situation.

I was hoping he'd do this after we traded him. Even if it wasn't for much, but oh well, now we can just move on.

The kid has a serious problem. I hope he can get the help he needs, and just can get his life together first, then football second. It's just sad someone with as much talent as he has, and he's just pissing it away.

Whatever our standing offer is for Duron Carter's bonus... double it.

The best part is I don't even care. If he truly has a serious issue and isn't just a moron, then I feel bad for him and hope he gets his life together. But it won't be on this football team and it probably won't be in the NFL. I'm not sure he will ever get another shot.

See ya Josh.

This is absolutely going to lead to the "it was just alcohol" narrative.

Which is unfortunate.

You get stricter rules if you've got a DUI and a handful of failed drug tests. No reason to put your career in jeopardy.

I normally agree with you, but alcohol banning him for a year seems kind of silly. Yes he should know the rules and I wanted to cut him after the last suspension, but really alcohol?

His DUI was barely over the limit and he plead guilty only so it didn't count under the new cba.

The NFL is seeming to pick and chose which CBA they want to follow when it comes to Gordon. Oh well, he is an ass hat and one less locker room headache.

Its not like we have anyone to throw him the ball anyways.

How can you test for alcohol only for guys that have a DUI?

What if he learned his lesson and was drinking at home or was planning to use the car service that the NFL has for every player?

If this is because he violated the terms of his parole, then that's fine. But I don't know how you can penalize guys for having a legal substance in their system that also happens to be one of the biggest sponsors of the league.

We aren't in prohibition.

Every workplace has rules.

He can drink and smoke all he wants, just won't be a part of the NFL.

Legally, you can smoke weed in Colorado and Washington but I'm sure your employer would fire you if you showed up obviously high.

Every punishment was agreed upon by collective bargaining. Part of the punishment was to be tested for weed and alcohol.

He failed.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."