• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Volume shooting no defense small SG with ho crazy athleticism

a joke to start or play him more than 20 mpg

and a laughable joke to draft a guy like him that high

but hey, at least they noticed their fuck up , well the King did and let them know wassup

A lot of people here loved Dion because of his confidence and his attitude. For a while, I was one of them, to a certain extent - back when there wasn't much to hope for.

I think it was really a lack of confidence. He talks a lot. Best young backcourt when you have yet to start much or go to the playoffs. Clearly thinking he's the best one on the team at points last year.

But he doesn't play confident. Never has had confident body language. Yells AND1 and cries foul to take attention away from his own shortcomings finishing at the rim. Makes excuses elsewhere for any bad play.

I think his big words are just to motivate and pressure himself to play at a higher level...but I don't think they are a sign of the far above average confidence many Cavs fans saw. If anything, they were signs of sensitivity.

Waiters is still the same player he was in Cleveland. I think it should be obvious that it wasn't the teams fault. He hasn't gotten better or worse, and that includes defensively. He is NOTHING SPECIAL on the defensive end. Sorry. He's failing the eye test, which is the only test he's got left because statistically he's mediocre as well.

Now, I think he could certainly get better and become a good player. He still has potential...but he needs to take a look at himself.

At this point, he needs Popovich's magic.

Don't forget, he's not too far away from requiring an extension. He's definitely not a guy I'd want to give another contract.

At the end of the day, the Cavs made a wonderful trade that they HAD to make.

I agree not a bad kid at all. I have been a fan and kept waiting for when he would put it all together. I think it is going to take him a few years until that happens.

That's Dion...

I'm not as high on Dion as some others here. I don't think he has the mechanical aptitude to become the shooter needed to take the next steps. His drives to the basket are also nothing special and only consistent when he has his man beat one on one.

I think Dion will ultimately be an NBA journeyman.

Boobiewetrust spits real shit pretty much all the time

Cavs had to make the trade

That was worded beautifully. We got rid of him was a big moment of cavaliers history

I enjoy watching him struggle against us, but I don't feel the need to boo him or wish him ill-will otherwise. He's not a bad kid.
This. I'm honestly really surprised he got booed.

Waiters is still the same player he was in Cleveland. I think it should be obvious that it wasn't the teams fault. He hasn't gotten better or worse, and that includes defensively. He is NOTHING SPECIAL on the defensive end. Sorry. He's failing the eye test, which is the only test he's got left because statistically he's mediocre as well.

Now, I think he could certainly get better and become a good player. He still has potential...but he needs to take a look at himself.

Don't forget, he's not too far away from requiring an extension. He's definitely not a guy I'd want to give another contract.

What's killing him is he's not able to drill the open 3 pointer this year. What's weird his catch and shoot numbers were good last year but if he can't hit that jumper he's not going to be able to get consistent minutes with teams who have playmakers like Lebron and Durant.

I'm not sure why he would be booed at all. He appeared to try hard for us on the court, he didn't demand a trade, and we got great pieces for him. It doesn't make sense.

I think it was his i touched the ball and the casual clueless fans think all the rumors are true. To be honest I would have done neither boo or cheer I like him and will follow him but he did some things that just made me want to smash my head into a wall.

I did not want to trade him but when you look at him as a whole he did not fit. I think Bron thought he could adapt and be the player Smith is for this team but his young age and ego clashed with the team. He has a lot of growing up to do mentally if he wants to even get near Kyrie level. I think Smith, Shump, and Mozgov are a clear and A+ steal of a trade for him and the low round firsts. I have a feeling Bron was playing a little GM during his break. Griffin I am sure you part of this but there is something special brewing.

As for Waiters OKC did a good trade to pick up a player they felt they could change. OKC if Bron can't fix him neither can you. I think they hope he fixes him self because no one else will. Kyrie and Love are young but proven talents. Waiters is young and a project and on this team there was no place for him. I am so pleased by all this and I do not want to see Dion fail but it makes me feel better seeing him doing the same stuff there.

Reactions: caf

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."