• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 NFL Regular Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This football deflation thing, is the WORST, story ever! Oh my gosh, it's funny how ESPN has all these has-been QB's like Mark Brunell, talking about this like its a huge deal, crime of the century, how it changes everything. Then he cries talking about it. hahahahaa

Meanwhile, you have HOF QB's, you know, guys that were actually good like Dan Marino, and Theismann saying its no big deal, and you can't even tell the difference at all!

I can't believe I am actually sympathizing with the Patriots, a team that probably does cheat! But seriously, I never seen such a little thing like this being covered 24-7, as if this is a presidential scandal going on.

All Quarterbacks doctor the football, this is a known fact. They do all kinds of things to it. No one has ever cared or complained about, until now?

Has sports become this big of a joke? I don't even like the Patriots, I hope they lose in the SB, but seriously this is just hysterical how dramatic this thing has become. All over a slight deflation of a football, that's proven to make NO DIFFERENCE at all!

The NFL and ESPN are just embarrassing themselves, far as I'm concern. Give them a fine, and move on. I don't even know if I can watch the Super Bowl at this rate. Deflation-gate is distracting the Super Bowl. Talk about a shitty year for the NFL, and the worst commissioner in sports.

You mean like HOFer Troy Aikman who says the punishment should be worse than bountygate?

I'm sick of it too. I believe Seattle will repeat and it won't matter in the long run. Indy, with deflated balls or not, got hammered by the Pats.

You mean like HOFer Troy Aikman who says the punishment should be worse than bountygate?

One guy, and frankly, I think the ones that are treating this like its the biggest scandal of the century, just really despise the Patriots and want it to be that bad.

Troy Aikman didn't really give much of an opinion other than that Tom Brady definitely knew about it. How? Why? I think he probably did, but there have been contradictory opinions on this that he probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if the balls were deflated.

I trust Dan Marino and Joe Thiesmann more personally. Troy has always been a total D-bag, and is lucky to even be in the hall of fame.

Dan Marino, one of the best we've ever seen, said its 100% plausible that Tom Brady wouldn't know at all. And actually believes he had nothing to do with it. Why? Because it's that stupid of a thing, and honestly like the last thing in the world a QB is seriously thinking about. Sure, Brady scuffs his footballs up, like every other QB. But its already been said, its not easy to deflate a football.

Joe Thiesmann actually deflated a football, experimented on this. Threw them both, and said he couldn't tell a difference at all.

I don't even care if he did, or didn't, it's so dumb, and the NFL and everyone blowing up over this should be embarrassed.

Tom Brady played BETTER with the proper sized football. So everyone saying these games are tainted over air-pressure, please just stop.

I think its bad if Belichick deliberately did this. If Brady did this on his own, no, not at all. QB's have their preferences, they all doctor the ball. A lot of them bend the rules. Aaron Rodgers has publicly said, he tries to over inflate the footballs, and tries to get away with it from the refs.

But since its the Patriots, we're treating it like the biggest scandal of the century. Journalism has become a joke in this country.

Last edited:
The overreaction to this has been priceless. You would think Brady was caught with a steroid needle in his ass. This just all seems so foolish.

Has anyone proposed an asterisk for Tom Brady's stats yet? That has to be coming soon.

All a ploy to give the Patriots bulletin board material.

Brady's feelings are hurt, guys. Let's all have a cry for him.

Equipment guy taking the fall.

Lmao

Now Brandon Browner is instructing his teammates to break Richard Sherman'a arm.

Classy.

Dude must have gotten paid though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."