• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Free App Suggestions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randolphkeys

I'm Just Second-hand Strus
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The main reason I'm starting this thread is that I've avoided paying for Microsoft Office this far in my life, but without a disc drive I can't download from my old disc hack. I've seen a lot of "free Microsoft Word 2010" offers, but I don't know which to trust. I'm avoiding malware and Trojans on my laptop.

Any suggestions for a free Microsoft Office? Other good apps?

Open Office is what I suggest.

Or wait until Windows 10 is released and upgrade your Win7/8 for free and have Office already baked into it.

I use office 365 and it is remarkably slow and awkward...

My son is a professional web guy and he swears by google docs...I have personally used open office on PC's and was pleasantly surprised by the features and flexibility, espescially with open base.. but i have not used the apps...

I get Office 365 for free for having an .edu emaill address. You can probably get it for free being a teacher, even if you don't have a qualifying email address. I use it on my laptop and its ok, though I prefer Office 2010 on my desktop PC. Google Docs is good too, I use that at work since I can't install any programs without IT getting pissy.

No seriously, Open Office.

It's like someone decided to make a clone of the more popular applications within MS Office and said fuck you M$ this shit is free.

No seriously, Open Office.

It's like someone decided to make a clone of the more popular applications within MS Office and said fuck you M$ this shit is free.

Yes I believe it was sunn microsystems. It's pretty darn perfect and exports to word well

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."