• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
I think over time love will develop a cutting game and so when teams deny him in the corner he will have a counter

Anyone have Kevin Pelton's article on why Love should be an All Star? Or at least the Kevin Love portion?

I saw Zach Lowe tweeting and agreeing with it earlier.

Anyone have Kevin Pelton's article on why Love should be an All Star? Or at least the Kevin Love portion?

I saw Zach Lowe tweeting and agreeing with it earlier.

"Love has been maligned all season for his poor defense and difficulty fitting in with the Cavaliers. Yet he is still tops among East frontcourt players in WARP, and it's harder than you might think to find evidence that Love is the biggest problem with the Cleveland defense. Per NBA.com/Stats, the Cavaliers allow fewer points per possession with Love on the court than any of their other big men."

All this talk diminishing Love is just silly.

The guy is phenomenal, and we're not even playing to his strengths. He's been getting around 3 touches in the post per game--this should be closer to 10. When he gets the ball in the post, either he scores, or we get a wide open shot off a terrific pass.

Love hitting 3's and rebounding is just what fits in the team now. Look out world when we start to take advantage by posting up either LeBron or Love every time down the floor.

Love's back was clearly hurting him a few games ago. He was hobbled and the last player down the floor. Just because he didn't harp on it publicly doesn't mean it wasn't a factor. I think that explains some of the flat looking shots as well. I almost think that many people jump on Kevin because he is a bit of an easy target - Kyrie looks phenomenal as a ball-capable shooting guard, and LeBron looks like the best player in the world. At least that's what happens to me, lol - I yell at Love more for his mistakes than I do for his contributions.

Yesterday was huge for him. That's 19 points on 10 shots. When I glance at a box score, I count 2 FT's as a shot and then net out turnovers versus offensive rebounds, so love had 19 points on 12 "shots", which is the type of number that would make the Warriors envious. Add in the spacing, the defensive effort, the fouls drawn that screwed up Perkins/Collison's regular rotation, and it was fantastic... I think Moz got shafted yesterday, like the crew was anti-Russia or some shit, but it's nice to have a PF who picked up the slack.

We are getting to a point where we don't need everyone to be "on" to win a game. That's a very good Thunder team that is 16-8 with Durant and Westbrook both playing. I am very pleased with the effort there from all players, as our offense is bound to come together if we get stops.

Completely off topic but has anyone else noticed that love has a really weird running style? His jog looks semi robotic with a hint of stick in the butt.

I only seem to notice it on his default jog and not so much his sprint.

My forum contribution for the day.

Grantland continues to take a dump on the Cavs. What the hell is going on over there?
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/andrew-wiggins-kevin-love-timberwolves-rookies/

Zach Lowe is the only Grantland writer you should take seriously. One of the best in the business and much too good for the site he currently writes for imo.

Getting to the actual piece, not a whole lot was said about Love and the Cavs. Was more so just gushing over how good Wiggins has been playing in the past several weeks.

Completely off topic but has anyone else noticed that love has a really weird running style? His jog looks semi robotic with a hint of stick in the butt.

His back-brace/flak jacket keeps him in that upright, stick in the ass posture.

I am going to look at some footage from last year, but I don't think he was wearing it then.

Edit: He was not. His agility and lift are noticeable reduced as well.

Last edited:
I haven't found myself complaining about his defensive effort ONCE since we got Mozgov.

True, it is amazing how much better Love and Irving have looked defensively with Mozgov and Lebron out there. Love was being asked to do far too much defensively when we had TT playing center.

He's still playing injured in my view. Hasn't really had any time off. If we continue to win we need to give him some time off like LBJ.

He's still playing injured in my view. Hasn't really had any time off. If we continue to win we need to give him some time off like LBJ.
Yes, somethings still just not right with him healthwise....

Kevin Love suffered dizzy spell in Sunday's win over Oklahoma City Thunder, but says he's OK
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfSnc?...m=newsletter&utm_campaign=cleveland-cavaliers

"Everything was spinning there for a little bit," Love told Northeast Ohio Media Group. "It just happened. I was a little shocked. It was a scary moment, but I was good after that."

As many others have mentioned, Kevin not getting an All-Star nod will be a blessing in disguise. That's more than enough time for rest and recovery, Gilbert will pay his next contract he has nothing to worry about.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."