• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Inching my way through Far Cry 4 now. Took me about an hour to get the hang of this game, it's a little deeper than I expected with the crafting and customization/skill ups etc. I only played Far Cry 1 previously. So far I'm enjoying it.

Anyone have a Wii or Wii U? Is there anything worth playing on those? My brother has one and I might borrow it. I stopped playing Nintendo games after the GameCube, simply because I became an Xbox fan that generation. I still love Mario, Zelda, and Metroid but haven't played their installments in two gens. A part of me really wishes I could play Skyward Sword but then again I heard mixed things.

I have a Wii-U havd love it and it has got more time than my PS4 for sure recently. Plus the U is backwards compatible so all you need to do is get a Wii controller to play Wii games. That said I am building up my virtual console with a complete Mario set and going for Zelda and Mega man next. To the Wii-U games the first party are fantastic.

To start off New Super Mario Bros U Is a great classic style 2D Mario game and well worth it as it has that Mario 3 and World feel. Super Mario 3D World is tons of fun and I mean tons it is everything Mario in one game with a huge perfectionist challenge. Mario Kart 8 is as fun and unfair as you remember and looks amazing. I love gamepad play for indies NES games with out have to buy a Vita as I would with Sony.

All in all I love it and it makes me feel the surge of fun I used to have playing games as a kid. So many games I want to get still and so much just fun. Right now I am doing a SMB2 (USA) run and loving it. Try it out and if you want to feel young again get it. Wind Waker is also HD and I will shell out what ever it costs to play the best version of that game. I hope this helps and this is from someone who skipped and disliked the Wii.

installing Grey Goo now, cant wait to try it. RTS game made by the old Westwood team behind the classic C&C games

Bought resident evil remastered On xbox live. 20$. I can't remember playing it as a kid. Not sure if I did. The puzzles....the puzzles...some of them you just can't figure out. I'll defiantly be examine everything, inside and out. Slow, refreshing, fun.

Dying Light, anyone?

I'm trying to hold off on buying anything new right now, but this game is really catching my attention. Reviews are looking solid, so I might have to pick it up in the next week or so.

Inquisition Deluxe Edition is on sale for $40 for digital download on Xbox One.

Loved the first Dragon Age. Beat it multiple times and with multiple characters.

Played the second one exactly one time through before trading it back.

Should I buy?

Loved the first Dragon Age. Beat it multiple times and with multiple characters.

Should I buy?

I'm exactly the same. Loved Origins, played through multiple times. Hated Dragon Age 2, sunk 10 hours in and never looked back.

I love Inquistion. I've sunk about 60 hrs in and still have tons to do. Mix the combat of Origins and 2, and then throw in really huge expansive zones to explore.

Do it. It's worth $60.

Should I buy?

I want to know why you even have to ask. DAI is the game of the year hands down.

I want to know why you even have to ask. DAI is the game of the year hands down.

Because I'm scared, baby. I've been let down before. I can't go through that again.

I just can't.

I've never played a game like this and am totally overwhelmed. Got it on the strength of reviews and wanted to try something now... and I'm not sure I can continue.

I got to the part where you're free to do whatever in Haven I think it is... I had a war council meeting where I had to send someone to do something somewhere and it's going to take place over the span of 20 hours or so in real time. Do I have to go back here again? I get the feeling when I'm playing that I'm missing a bunch of stuff but don't know what. Genre just might not be for me.

We've all bought a bad game or 30.

That being said, I don't regret the times we shared on CoD.

image-1-thor-odin-loki-and-more-to-die-in-thor-3-ragnarok.jpeg

I've never played a game like this and am totally overwhelmed. Got it on the strength of reviews and wanted to try something now... and I'm not sure I can continue.

I got to the part where you're free to do whatever in Haven I think it is... I had a war council meeting where I had to send someone to do something somewhere and it's going to take place over the span of 20 hours or so in real time. Do I have to go back here again? I get the feeling when I'm playing that I'm missing a bunch of stuff but don't know what. Genre just might not be for me.

You will be in and out of the war council for a good part of the game. The majority of all the war council does is open up the new areas for you to explore, and give you random sidequests for your council to do for you. Most of the rewards are just a random item, gold, etc. Nothing important but helps to build the overall story of your characters.

You're only in Haven and the game really hasn't begun yet. I normally just start every quest I can find, then wander around until I finish them. The majority of quests are just finding an item or killing a bad guy. Not a ton of puzzles other than the Astrariums. Best thing I can tell you is explore.

I'm downloading DAI right now. Thanks for the input guys!

One question that maybe the other XB1 users will be able to answer for me - the download and installation speed is moving as slow as molasses right now. I know it's a big file, but it seems to be moving slower than usual. Has anyone else had this happen when downloading directly from the Live Marketplace? Any advice on how to possibly speed things up a little bit?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."