• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns Free Agency 2015

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Because there is too much swagger?

Nah. They all have (or are bulding) a reputation for excessive douchebaggery. Am I wrong? Missing something?

Edit: Just toss Duron out there in Aspen with Johnny and Josh. Light up the town!

B7gESn-CAAAmI8u.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, I'm not a fan either but you need a new schtick.

The ignore feature is your great for not having to suffer through harmless jokes that bother you this much.

The ignore feature is your great for not having to suffer through harmless jokes that bother you this much.

:chuckle: It's not the joke itself, it's the frequency with which you use them. Every third post is swagger, moxie, winner, or (in the past) a Grandpa Weeds joke. Although to be fair those were more amusing than just swag/moxie.

I don't want to put you on ignore because I do enjoy your insight.

It's really not that frequently, but if you don't enjoy a good Pops Weeden joke then you're taking this board way too seriously. :chuckle:

Some are bored with old jokes, some still write them. As Old Man Weeden would say...

ITDepends.jpg

Came out of Hampton University in 2012. Has been in 8 games in his career, either with Dallas or Tennessee. I'm going to guess that he's going to compete with a guy like Bademosi for special teams depth. Will update if I find more interesting info on the guy. Maybe he has some return capability?

Bademosi is an impending free agent, so he'd have a chance to make an impact there.

As mentioned elsewhere, Joker Phillips was the recruiting coordinator at Kentucky and wide receivers/passing game coach. Randall Cobb is a free agent that came out of Kentucky, but one guy who Phillips has worked with who may be cut loose is Stevie Johnson. There is obviously huge turnover going on in S.F. Johnson grew up a Bay Area product, but the numbers show he could be a cap causality:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tential-salary-cap-casualties-for-2015/page/4

Cap savings: $6,025,000
Dead money: $0
Age in 2015: 29
2014’s PFF grade: +6.0

That’s right—zero dead money. The 49ers can walk away from Stevie Johnson scot-free, because his signing bonus was given by the Buffalo Bills. The 49ers, if they so choose, could simply let him walk this offseason and replace him with rookie Bruce Ellington, who has shown flashes of promise.

On the other hand, the 49ers are hurting for receivers as it is. The passing game needs more weapons, not fewer. They’re already probably going to lose Michael Crabtree in free agency, and it’s always possible Anquan Boldin could retire, as he’s getting up there in age as well. Stevie Johnson has experience being a starter in Buffalo, where he succeeded despite some of the worst quarterback play in the NFL. The 49ers would probably be all right with him being a starter in 2015.

The 49ers’ ideal receiving corps in 2015 probably is Boldin, Johnson, Ellington and a rookie taken in the first two rounds of the 2015 draft. Johnson would save up a ton of salary-cap room, but he’s more valuable on the team than off it.

What is possible with Johnson is some sort of contract extension or restructure. This would add more years to his deal, which currently expires in 2016, in return for lowering his salary-cap hit over the next two seasons. His salary is pretty high for a second receiver; that’s Marques Colston money. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some kind of work being done on his contract this offseason.

No interest in overpaying Torrey Smith, he's just not good enough to warrant that type of deal.

If they're going to overpay someone, I'd rather it be Cobb.

The catch against Joe Hayden might have been the one to get the Ravens to the playoffs.

o_O I am surprised you let that slip b00b.

No interest in overpaying Torrey Smith, he's just not good enough to warrant that type of deal.

If they're going to overpay someone, I'd rather it be Cobb.

As I said in the other thread, I love me some Cobb. But adding another 5'10 receiver.....just would like to add some height.

Reactions: AZ_
o_O I am surprised you let that slip b00b.

As I said in the other thread, I love me some Cobb. But adding another 5'10 receiver.....just would like to add some height.

Definitely alot to like in the draft and free agency in terms of bigger receivers.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."