• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NEOMG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Your first mistake was following Fedor to begin with :chuckle:

Seriously though..

Hah... I have a few bad follows but man there are a few hidden gems. I say I hate national media I do but guys from the "Basketballinsiders" are good follows. Cleveland media I don't hate them I just can't stand them as they all except for Lloyd know anything about the team at all. It is basically like NEOMG is the TMZ of Cleveland reporting.

As some of you know I talk to Jason Lloyd about every day. I haven't specifically asked him about the "final thoughts" rip offs that are going on but I think he'd actually be amused. He must spend a few extra hours putting those together. The guy gets less sleep then any other reporter I know.

As some of you know I talk to Jason Lloyd about every day. I haven't specifically asked him about the "final thoughts" rip offs that are going on but I think he'd actually be amused. He must spend a few extra hours putting those together. The guy gets less sleep then any other reporter I know.
Hope he never stops it. Definitely appreciate him staying up writing them, because no joke sometimes I stay up just to read them. :chuckle:

Lloyd is great but windy is still the best source of cavs info hands down.

Lloyd is great but windy is still the best source of cavs info hands down.
Lloyd is approaching Windy's level and Haynes has proved he is well respected within the league....

I think everyone is stuck in the past with Windy, he was great he broke some stories but also was so deeply connected to Bron.

I think Lloyd has been on par with Windy for post game analysis and Haynes has obviously won over the players providing great insight. 2010 reporting was much different than now with the explosion of Twitter... I do not think you can fairly compare the two due to changes with reporting...

Reporting now is essentially on real time as before it was just the beginning...

Haynes, Lloyd and McManmin are providing Cavd fans with incredible insight and stories...

Haynes has obviously won over the players

I agree that Haynes is starting to develop local sources, including some players (whose comments have occasionally remained anonymous in his stories). I think he may have an opportunity to improve as he gets more acclimated.

I'll just leave at that for NEOMG-related comments...

I agree that Haynes is starting to develop local sources, including some players (whose comments have occasionally remained anonymous in his stories). I think he may have an opportunity to improve as he gets more acclimated.

Haynes is known for being well liked by players so I am not shocked. He Is Okay as of now it just seems like unlike Lloyd who has the same connections Haynes never seems to put things into a real perspective instead it seems like to much drama he adds in. I like him though.

Agreed and I may be shifting this discussion away from NEOMG but I will say the coverage we are receiving from the three I previously mentioned I feel has been outstanding. dave mcmenamin I really have enjoyed. Espn could have done much worse...

Texted with Lloyd today. He says he's more worried about the content of his final thoughts and not how its delivered nor does he care who tries to copy it. He hopes everyone likes the little bits of insight into the game he's trying to provide.

Reading joe vardon's Twitter during games, I'm convinced he might actually be slightly mentally retarded. Maybe neomg is trying to do something good by giving a handicapped guy a gig.

Watch the Blatt postgame (Kings), Joe Vardon was so embarrassing I had to turn it off, so many stupid questions.

Last edited:
It's funnier to watch Joe Vardon try and frame his questions. His body language. Tone of voice. His pace. His verbage. It's almost comedy to me at this point and I don't know why. I just can't stand him so much that it has become amusing. Parker, from Scene Magazine, is sort of embarrassing in a funny ex-hippy way, but Vardon is just truly embarrassing and I feel zero remorse saying that. I feel bad for Haynes because he's alright but still finding his way. In Portland, the two guys he worked with with both top notch and older NBA vet types. In Cleveland, he has to stand next to Vardon and Fedor. Poor guy.

It's funnier to watch Joe Vardon try and frame his questions. His body language. Tone of voice. His pace. His verbage. It's almost comedy to me at this point and I don't know why. I just can't stand him so much that it has become amusing. Parker, from Scene Magazine, is sort of embarrassing in a funny ex-hippy way, but Vardon is just truly embarrassing and I feel zero remorse saying that.

Parker made another good observation tonight (noting that the Cavs are no longer even close to last in opponent free-throw attempts during this streak), and it was fun to see the Blatt/Parker back-and-forth. I really think Blatt appreciates his bb-oriented questions. Well, I do, anyway.

Agree with your point, and above posts, on Vardon -- it has reached truly embarrassing levels.

I hope NEOMG higher-ups read this thread, and shift things around in some way for next season.

Last edited:
Parker made another good observation tonight (noting that the Cavs are no longer even close to last in opponent free-throw attempts during this streak), and it was fun to see the Blatt/Parker back-and-forth. I really think Blatt appreciates his bb-oriented questions. Well, I do, anyway.

Agree with your point, and above posts, on Vardon -- it has reached truly embarrassing levels. I hope NEOMG higher-ups read this thread...

Yeah, maybe I should have phrased it differently with Parker. He's not embarrassing, but definitely like a goofy weird uncle or something. His question/point tonight was astute and Blatt gave him recognition for that, but it was funny that after being called out for it by Blatt last postgame, he starts out again by asking a question that wasn't really a question.

Watching Blatts expression as Vardons name got called and then throughout his questions was funny. Vardon even got a little rattled/snippy when the rest of the room laughed at one of the responses Blatt gave him.

it was funny that after being called out for it by Blatt last postgame, he starts out again by asking a question that wasn't really a question.

I don't think Parker entirely realizes he is at a group press-conference. I think he thinks he's starting off some extended one-on-one chat with the head coach. Come to think of it, a sit-down chat between the two of them would probably be very entertaining.

I'm afraid Vardon and Blatt might come to blows in that situation... :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."