• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Just checked out the OKC-NY box score because I wanted to track Dion, then noticed that Lou Amundson started and has played 30 minutes for NY...And they're winning by 7.

Holy shit the Hawks are good

I'll believe they're for real when they actually show they're capable of making a deep playoff run.

They still don't have a go-to, elite talent on that team. They aren't constructed that way.

Maybe I'm just a hater, but I honestly don't see them making it out of the conference.

I'll believe they're for real when they actually show they're capable of making a deep playoff run.

They still don't have a go-to, elite talent on that team. They aren't constructed that way.

Maybe I'm just a hater, but I honestly don't see them making it out of the conference.

Who's the go-to, elite talent on the Spurs team?

How are they considered go-to, elite talents while Jeff Teague, Al Horford, and Paul Millsap aren't?

Between Teague, Horford, Milsap, Duncan, Manu and Parker... Which 3 would you rather have taking the game winner? I think the Hawks have been doing a great job having someone step up every game, but they've also had a very easy schedule. Kind of like the Raptors early on in the season. Super spread out schedule in January and playing against teams on losing streaks. And a healthy team that has been together for 3 seasons. I don't see them beating us, Chicago, Toronto or Washington in a 7 game series. If you can hold their 3 point shooting below 35%, we win 9/10.

Some fun facts about Brandon Jennings. No player since Bob Cousy (1950-1963, 1969-1970 for 7 games) or Dolph Schayes (1953-1964) has scored at or above Jennings' career PPG (16.6) while averaging at or below his career FG% (39.1), and both of those guys provided a lot more for their respective teams than Jennings. Additionally, a lower FG% was more acceptable back then because players weren't as efficient. In fact, post-1970, the player with the next-highest career PPG while still maintaining a career FG% of 39.1% or less is Rafer Alston with 10.1 PPG on 38.3 FG%. Ricky Rubio also comes in at 10.1 PPG at 37.0 FG%.

Also, only two other players have had a TS% of 49.8% or less while scoring at least 25.2 PP 100 Possessions for as far back as advanced statistics can tell: Antoine Walker and George McGinnis. No guard has ever scored at that clip while having that low of an efficiency level.

Would it be fair to say that Jennings is one of the greatest chuckers of all time?

Looks like Jacque Vaughn won't make it in Orlando, and rightfully so. Dude is a teacher, not a coach.

Between Teague, Horford, Milsap, Duncan, Manu and Parker... Which 3 would you rather have taking the game winner? I think the Hawks have been doing a great job having someone step up every game, but they've also had a very easy schedule. Kind of like the Raptors early on in the season. Super spread out schedule in January and playing against teams on losing streaks. And a healthy team that has been together for 3 seasons. I don't see them beating us, Chicago, Toronto or Washington in a 7 game series. If you can hold their 3 point shooting below 35%, we win 9/10.

Interesting according to Sagarin we've had the 14 toughest scheduled. Our East competition however:
Atlanta 30th
Toronto 29th
Wizards 28th
Bulls 20th.

I take SOS seriously after watching us collapse that one year after it looked for sure we were going to make the playoff in Lebron's second year (it just turned out we had a cupcake schedule to start)

Interesting according to Sagarin we've had the 14 toughest scheduled. Our East competition however:
Atlanta 30th
Toronto 29th
Wizards 28th
Bulls 20th.

I take SOS seriously after watching us collapse that one year after it looked for sure we were going to make the playoff in Lebron's second year (it just turned out we had a cupcake schedule to start)

It's interesting, it seems the Cavs have had the toughest schedule of all the .500 teams in the league if I'm reading this correctly.

VFQZJsC.png

Atlanta 30th
Toronto 29th
Wizards 28th
Bulls 20th.

I was just going off looking at their schedule but having undeniable proof that they've had the easiest schedule in the league is nice to see. We've had an extremely tough schedule. February isn't too bad, but we have a tough March coming up too. But if we play the way we have during the win streak and all our guys are healthy (plus the added chemistry gained) I can't see us losing to any team in the east.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."