• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hopsin announces he's moving to Australia and leaving the rap game behind.
We've seen Hopsin go on twitter rants concerning the music industry/rap game in the past, however he usually calms down and it's back to business as usual. His latest message to the fans isn't in rant-form and it sounds like he's for real.

The Funk Volume rapper has had his fair share of ups and downs, and announced via Facebook today that he's quitting the rap game in order to move to his Australia (presumably to live/be with his Australian girlfriend) and move on to different things. He reveals he's already signed over his portion of the Funk Volume business to his partner, and wished the best of luck to former labelmates Dizzy Wright, SwiZzZ and Jarren Benton. He says, "Over the past couple years I have come to conclusion that this profession just isn't for me, so im going to venture out into new areas of life. I will always be an MC at heart, but this rap stuff just isn't for me." Read his full messages below.

I just wanted to take time out to say I appreciate all of u who have supported my music over these past few years. A Lot of u have told me stories about how I have changed your life. You too have changed mine in ways that u can never imagine. Unfortunately, tonight is the night that I am actually moving away to Australia. Over the past couple years I have come to conclusion that this profession just isn't for me, so im going to venture out into new areas of life. I will always be an MC at heart, but this rap stuff just isn't for me. I hope Youguys can respect it. I've signed over my half of the funk volume label to my business partner Dame. I also wished Swizzz, Dizzy Wright and Jarren Benton good luck in their careers. Thank u all! I'm out.

Sincerely,

Marcus Jamal Hopson aka "Hopsin"

Everyone needs to hear this song. beautiful and very important song. Especially listen if you are upset about all of this stuff that's come to light in the last few years about people getting away with murdering black kids.

The craziest part is this song was made by a teenager.

https://soundcloud.com/raury/fly

I think @gourimoko would like this.

Last edited:
Murals by Lupe Fiasco absolutely blows my mind. Listen to this shit. I didnt sign up for an advanced honors course on how to rap Lupe.... btw the album is fantastic.

Some of my favorite artists recently came together to form "Brockhampton". They just released their first single and I can't stop listening to it. It's different for sure, but I think that's why I like it so much. The crazy thing is these kids are all teenagers, even the producers. They have one of the better up and coming producers out there (Romil). And the rappers are all fucking awesome. They refer to themselves as a boy band, lol.

https://soundcloud.com/brockhampton/bet-i

One of the members (Matt Champion) put out this track with Jon Waltz recently and it's great as well. I really think these kids are going to be huge in the next few years.

https://soundcloud.com/brockhampton/matt-champion-burn-ft-jon-waltz-prod-brockhampton

Hopsin announces he's moving to Australia and leaving the rap game behind.
We've seen Hopsin go on twitter rants concerning the music industry/rap game in the past, however he usually calms down and it's back to business as usual. His latest message to the fans isn't in rant-form and it sounds like he's for real.

The Funk Volume rapper has had his fair share of ups and downs, and announced via Facebook today that he's quitting the rap game in order to move to his Australia (presumably to live/be with his Australian girlfriend) and move on to different things. He reveals he's already signed over his portion of the Funk Volume business to his partner, and wished the best of luck to former labelmates Dizzy Wright, SwiZzZ and Jarren Benton. He says, "Over the past couple years I have come to conclusion that this profession just isn't for me, so im going to venture out into new areas of life. I will always be an MC at heart, but this rap stuff just isn't for me." Read his full messages below.

I just wanted to take time out to say I appreciate all of u who have supported my music over these past few years. A Lot of u have told me stories about how I have changed your life. You too have changed mine in ways that u can never imagine. Unfortunately, tonight is the night that I am actually moving away to Australia. Over the past couple years I have come to conclusion that this profession just isn't for me, so im going to venture out into new areas of life. I will always be an MC at heart, but this rap stuff just isn't for me. I hope Youguys can respect it. I've signed over my half of the funk volume label to my business partner Dame. I also wished Swizzz, Dizzy Wright and Jarren Benton good luck in their careers. Thank u all! I'm out.

Sincerely,

Marcus Jamal Hopson aka "Hopsin"

2nd favorite rapper, Ill Mind 5 is one of my all time favorite songs. Knew about this awhile ago but hadn't been in this thread in a long time. Sad to see him go.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."