• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Progressive Field Renovations Planned Over 2 Years

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
6:05 games will have bigger pull for the downtown crowd though, IMO.

6:05 games will have bigger pull for the downtown crowd though, IMO.
What i think the plan is is to have folks come straight to the c game and eat/drink in the new Melt/Barrio/Sweet Moses spot during the game then go stay warm in the giant bar once the Sun goes down. If this catches on then it was a good move. Of course this is Cleveland so folks will complain about it anyway even if it makes total sense for both the Tribe and the local eateries taking the chance on this new venture.

6 pm in April is not bad idea. You have to try something new when 10,000 are showing up. What do you have to lose.

If they were going to move the times up, they should have just gone with 1 pm and 4 pm games. It's still going to be really damn cold outside when those games start at 6:05.

If they were going to move the times up, they should have just gone with 1 pm and 4 pm games. It's still going to be really damn cold outside when those games start at 6:05.
They are not the Cubs. There are not enough Clevelanders who do not work on weekdays to do that every home game in April and early May. 10,000 is one thing, but 4,000 people showing up would actually be a possibility, if you did that many games during the day in April. Colleges and schools are still in session, and the causal baseball fan (about 70 percent of the fanbase now, a conversation for another time) wont be watching the team that closely yet to want to a go a April day game.

Those 6:05 start times are going to be super strange. I guess I can count on not getting to any weeknight games for the first couple of months.

I'm in the same boat. Not a chance I could make it there from work.

The problem with this is you'll have low attendance AND low TV ratings. They know there's no way to fully fix the early season attendance, but they're banking on folks tuning into STO and gaining interest in the team so they do go when it warms up.

I'm in the same boat. Not a chance I could make it there from work.

Wonder if they did research on this - seems like Cleveland's sprawl is getting further and further from the city. Wonder if they found that they weren't drawing from the suburbs during the week so it made more sense to target those living downtown - as this is a growing market.

Similar reason for moving Saturday games up - if you have an hour drive after the game, getting out of the park at 10 and still having to get to your car, fight traffic, and make it home makes for a late night. By moving it up it lets families make the drive and still get home in decent time to put their kids to bed.

Wonder if they did research on this - seems like Cleveland's sprawl is getting further and further from the city. Wonder if they found that they weren't drawing from the suburbs during the week so it made more sense to target those living downtown - as this is a growing market.

Similar reason for moving Saturday games up - if you have an hour drive after the game, getting out of the park at 10 and still having to get to your car, fight traffic, and make it home makes for a late night. By moving it up it lets families make the drive and still get home in decent time to put their kids to bed.

Honestly, I think the 6 pm start is to accomedate the Cavs playoff game schedule. TNT/ESPN start times will be anywhere between 7 and 8:30. This way you're not getting 40,000 people in the same area.

Honestly, I think the 6 pm start is to accomedate the Cavs playoff game schedule. TNT/ESPN start times will be anywhere between 7 and 8:30. This way you're not getting 40,000 people in the same area.

The Q can fit 35,000 people?

It's about one more hour of daylight in the spring, not much more. One more hour where being outside is tolerable before the sun goes down n the temp drops. The Tribe sends me surveys all throughout the year, I didn't respond to too many but I have to assume some had questions regarding this move. They had to here made this move based on feedback. As others have noted, attendance is bad enough so why not give it a shot? The hilarity will be how many fans will still show up at 7 without having even looked at the actual start time though.

Is there any significance behind the walls other than to remove seats? I'm genuinely confused.
2b97ae403cef487012134cff53dab3c2.jpg

No, but that's a great idea honestly. Better to have that to look at than green empty seats.

Shorten the season to 110 games.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."