• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
It was good to see him have a good offensive game, and I liked that Blatt got him out of their early with the game tomorrow in mind. Hopefully he bucks the back to back struggle trend and is fired up for his old team. His defensive effort continues to be where it needs to be.

Think about it. Love comes to a team that already had Kyrie and Lebron.

He knew damn well his role was going to change. Greatly. But he wanted to win.

I really thinks he has struggled trying to figure out HOW MUCH to sacrifice, I really do. Bosh warned, it was going
to be tough to figure out his role.

Tonite shows it can work. Especially on nights Lebron and Kyrie are more in chill mode.

Had a feeling he'd have a good game tonight after days rest.
Really interested how he does tomorrow night physically.

2010/2011 Chris Bosh vs. 2014/2015 Kevin Love. Both stat lines are pre-All Star break. Kevin's is pre-All Star break as of 1/30.

2010/2011 Chris Bosh:

17.6 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 0.8 BPG, 1.5 APG

2014/2015 Kevin Love:

17.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 0.5 BPG, 2.3 APG

Last edited:
2010/2011 Chris Bosh vs. 2014/2015 Kevin Love. Both stat lines are pre-All Star break. Kevin's is pre-All Star break as of 1/30.

2010/2011 Chris Bosh:

2014/2015 Kevin Love:

17.2 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.3 APG
Not to mention he has a higher Total Rebound %, Assist %, and the same VORP. His PER is lower but also with a lower usage %. If anything they are playing very similar basketball. So, as I always joke, trade him.

Love at the elbow in the triple threat position (if he pivoted) hitting James on the back cut was a thing of beauty. James knew he couldn't shoot today so he was active off the ball and dialed in on defense. With Kyrie improving and James looking more explosive, being able to have Kyrie and James play off the ball if they are willing will make this offense even more dangerous. Since James came back, this offense has been the best in the NBA and we're scoring at the line, on threes, off of drives, in the paint, etc., and we're not even anywhere near our peak. We had 86 after three quarters with James not being much of an offensive threat until the end of the third. Look how good we could be on offense with Love being Love.

Love is a fantastic and willing passer. Last year, he had 10 assists three different times, 7+ 17 times, and 5+ 32 times. More offensive touches for him at the elbow can only be good. This team is playing really well now in many different phases and it has shown because we're not trailing at all.

EDIT TO ADD:

In the last seven games:

Minutes played: 336
Minutes trailed: 22:59

93% of all minutes played without trailing.

Against the Bucks on Dec. 31:

Minutes played: 48
Minutes trailed: 45:37

95.5% of all minutes played while trailing.

Feels damn good.

Last edited:
I love how everyone just assumes this is the shape he was supposed to be in tonight...the dude could barely move the last 3-4 games... :chuckle:

Regardless...I am thrilled with how he's moving....I didn't think he would look this good physically until post-ASB at the earliest... :bigthumbup:

2010/2011 Chris Bosh:

2014/2015 Kevin Love:

17.2 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.3 APG

Yea and Bosh was shooting close to 50% while Love is shooting an abysmal 43%. It was nice to see him play a good game. But 9-17 from the field is close to what we should see on a nightly basis. He has yet to have a signature game which is fine as long as he has more nights like tonight.

Every time come to this thread I hear that line or lyrics by Capital Cities song is Love Away. Anyways the line goes like"Love, just found a way" I keep thinking when that song plays about Love finding a way out of this slump.
I hear Tesla.... weird...

Yea and Bosh was shooting close to 50% while Love is shooting an abysmal 43%. It was nice to see him play a good game. But 9-17 from the field is close to what we should see on a nightly basis. He has yet to have a signature game which is fine as long as he has more nights like tonight.

how many times am i going to write this.... Love impacts the game in more ways than Bosh ever did. His passing and floor spacing has a huge impact on the game. Just his presence on the floor creates huge gaps in the D for irving and james.

The play he made where he rebounded the ball with one hand and threw the long outlet pass to LeBron all in the same motion was unbelievable. I don't know if I've ever seen that done before.

Not only do you have to be aware to make that kind of a play, you have to have some serious arm strength to attempt that throw.

This team is just getting started. Once this big 3 settles in a bit more, gets a little more healthy and builds more chemistry, then things should really get fun. They're not even close to that yet. They're just beginning to scratch the surface.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."