• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Moving to Chicago

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

natedagg

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Hey all -

I am moving to Chicago (Northbrook) end of June. If you live there or travel there, please let me know via PM or in this thread. I don't have a lot of free time, but if booked in advance, I can likely get away to catch a game (really want to go to them).

My in-laws are from there & I am a cult hero among them (I proposed to my wife during a game of charades at their family reunion - I was crying, wife was crying, and I looked up, and everyone was crying). My 'rents live in Cleveland and it's always good to be closer to family. My dad is a lymphoma survivor and him and I get along great, so I think it's best for my family (wife + 2 kids) to move so that they can grow up around family (and tomorrow is never promised). Plus, I can do what I do from anywhere, and the higher ups in my firm's branch in Chicago seem to love me.

I have been going to Northbrook for the last 10 years and have been in the city a half-dozen times or so, not counting annual trips to Tango Sur. If you know of any local hot spots, either in the city or in the 'burbs, let's hear it.

I will also be back in Cleveland a few times a year, so if any of you want to catch a game, let me know and we can ultimately plan for that.

Thanks - Dagg

Hey all -

I am moving to Chicago (Northbrook) end of June. If you live there or travel there, please let me know via PM or in this thread. I don't have a lot of free time, but if booked in advance, I can likely get away to catch a game (really want to go to them).

My in-laws are from there & I am a cult hero among them (I proposed to my wife during a game of charades at their family reunion - I was crying, wife was crying, and I looked up, and everyone was crying). My 'rents live in Cleveland and it's always good to be closer to family. My dad is a lymphoma survivor and him and I get along great, so I think it's best for my family (wife + 2 kids) to move so that they can grow up around family (and tomorrow is never promised). Plus, I can do what I do from anywhere, and the higher ups in my firm's branch in Chicago seem to love me.

I have been going to Northbrook for the last 10 years and have been in the city a half-dozen times or so, not counting annual trips to Tango Sur. If you know of any local hot spots, either in the city or in the 'burbs, let's hear it.

I will also be back in Cleveland a few times a year, so if any of you want to catch a game, let me know and we can ultimately plan for that.

Thanks - Dagg

Nothing to add other than to say good luck... and possibly to add a word of caution from my own experience (moving from NC back to Ohio to be closer to family/in-laws):

I'd strongly suggest being "close enough" to your in-laws to see them whenever you want, but not "too close" to them to the point that you'll see them more than you want. :chuckle:

Good luck, dude.

I'd take a peak at the body armor thread. ;)

Have fun, lots to do there.

Nothing to add other than to say good luck... and possibly to add a word of caution from my own experience (moving from NC back to Ohio to be closer to family/in-laws):

I'd strongly suggest being "close enough" to your in-laws to see them whenever you want, but not "too close" to them to the point that you'll see them more than you want. :chuckle:

Good luck, dude.
rut roh. We are moving very close. But my FIL doesn't care to see his grandchildren and do any work associated with them and my MIL is an angel and super useful and we are close so I could tell her if she was meddling. But yeah, house already agreed upon with a family friend of theirs, so basically I am fucked lol.

Bulls Fan !!! BOOOOOOO !!!
But seriously - If you ever do see Jokim Noah - Please set his hair on fire !

Be careful over there! :chuckle:

Always wanted to visit Chicago, though.

Good luck, dude.

Ohio doesn't want you back :whogives::spacecraft::vio (13)::fnd (20)::thefinger::vio (15)::vio (25)::vio (28)::sp (2)::sp (15)::sp (3)::sp (1):

Be careful over there! :chuckle:

Always wanted to visit Chicago, though.
Wait, let me get this straight. Just to be clear, you have always wanted to visit a place that is a six hour drive and you haven't ever done it?!? Wow. I am dumbfounded. Its a great place to visit too. I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, just try some things.

Wait, let me get this straight. Just to be clear, you have always wanted to visit a place that is a six hour drive and you haven't ever done it?!? Wow. I am dumbfounded. Its a great place to visit too. I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, just try some things.

Weird post. .. but anyways Im not exactly swimming in free time or money my friend. There are a lot of things id love to do but when you're a student and work part time for under 11 dollars an hour your options are kind of limited.

Weird post. .. but anyways Im not exactly swimming in free time or money my friend. There are a lot of things id love to do but when you're a student and work part time for under 11 dollars an hour your options are kind of limited.
Megabus goes to Chicago for cheap and I think the station is by the L. Just throwing that out there. Of course with the cost if body armor being inflated that may be the real financial deal breaker.

Megabus goes to Chicago for cheap and I think the station is by the L. Just throwing that out there. Of course with the cost if body armor being inflated that may be the real financial deal breaker.
I've never used it, but know people who have. Pretty sure its only $5.

I don't think my CCW is valid in Chicago .... :chuckle: (Actually it might be I forget which states recognize Ohio CCW)

Lots of places I'd like to visit. I've really only been to like...New England, California, Vegas, and North Carolina. Never even been to Florida. Basically I have tons of stuff I'd like to do and places I'd like to visit, but I never have time to do anything during the school year (even when I went to the B1G Championship I literally drove home that night at 2am).

I'll get around to it. It's not like I'm dying to get there.

Used to go to Northbrook on biz on a regular basis. It's nice neither great nor bad. It's a higher end area and there are some nice houses in the vicinity of the areas I used to visit.

What you're getting isn't Northbrook...it's Chi-town, which is just an awesome city.

Congrats. You will love it.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."