• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm downloading DAI right now. Thanks for the input guys!

One question that maybe the other XB1 users will be able to answer for me - the download and installation speed is moving as slow as molasses right now. I know it's a big file, but it seems to be moving slower than usual. Has anyone else had this happen when downloading directly from the Live Marketplace? Any advice on how to possibly speed things up a little bit?

Don't know if this is the case, but I've noticed that when I am downloading full games from the marketplace, they take forever. But a huge patch or DLC for a game, they fly. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Don't know if this is the case, but I've noticed that when I am downloading full games from the marketplace, they take forever. But a huge patch or DLC for a game, they fly. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Well, even big patches and DLC are usually in the one to two gig range. Some of these games take up thirty or more.

Well, even big patches and DLC are usually in the one to two gig range. Some of these games take up thirty or more.

Dead Rising's first big patch for the DLC's = 13 GBs. Granted, it was all DLC downloaded at once, and the purchases would unlock each section.

Smartest thing I learned is to use a good external USB 3.0 hard drive to install games on. It's a little faster than the standard SATA II connection on the internal hard drive. Doesn't help with boot times dramatically, but a few seconds is a few seconds.

I personally think the DLCs are on a separate server from the full games, but I'm probably wrong.

Poor Verizon has got to hate me and my 300 GBs usage now that I got rid of cable.

I've gotten very little accomplished since I downloaded Inquisition. Easily the best money I've spent on a game in awhile.

Thanks a lot for recommending it you assholes, now I'm not going to get anything done for weeks. :chuckle:

I've gotten very little accomplished since I downloaded Inquisition. Easily the best money I've spent on a game in awhile.

Thanks a lot for recommending it you assholes, now I'm not going to get anything done for weeks. :chuckle:

Told you jackass.

Inquisition is just one of those games you can kick back and play. It's not particularly difficult. I suppose it might be if you play it on hard, but I'm an adult and I don't have time to play games that are forty hours long without you constantly dying.

On normal it feels kind of like a casual game. You go around and pick some flowers. Oh, an enemy? Just sit back and mash some buttons to shoot magic at him. Glowing green cloud in the sky? Guess you better close that, but no rush, there are herbs to harvest, bro. Crafting? Still have no idea how the fuck that works, but I mash more buttons and my guys have better armor, probably.

Party composition? Well, I definitely need a thief to open all the locked doors except for the ones that actually hold important stuff. I guess you need a perk for the good doors. But apparently you need to unlock four other perks in that same category first. No big deal, except all the other perks in that category are basically useless. Oh well. Guess I'll get around to those doors in about twenty hours, except everyone knows I'll be playing something else by then.

There are definitely dragons, so that wasn't false advertising. So far all they've done is beat my ass, but I did kill this really tall dude who was fighting a dragon and made the dragon run away. That's almost as good. I think there's a story too, but everyone keeps on throwing around terms I'm not really familiar with because I haven't played the first Dragon Age in like ten years and I stopped playing the second about five hours in because it was stupid. I'd read the Codex, but the text is so small on my screen that it feels like it's raping my eyes after the first sentence. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm the savior of the world and that the bad guy is some jerk who is trying to shit on said world for reasons that don't really make sense so I guess I better kill him and save the world.

I believe that's Inquisition in a nutshell?

I bought Dying Light and Inquisition, which one should I play first if I don't have a lot of free time? I'm thinking Dying Light?

I'm thinking about heading over to best buy to pick up Dying Light myself; torn between that and far cry.

Bought the GOY-edition (for PC) of Borderlands 2 the other day. Loved this game when I played it on my old Xbox.
Has a lot of fantastic DLC's as well.

so im trying to decide between Dying Light or Dragon Age Inquisition. What do you guys think?

Edit: Probably should have read the posts in here before commenting.

Last edited:
I bought Dying Light last night on Steam and downloaded it overnight. I'm going to try to get some time to play it tonight. I'll offer some thoughts here once I do.

Also, episode two of Game of Thrones released today.

Jack, how much was it on steam? I'm just curious. Haven't had it an account in years but been thinking about getting one.

Jack, how much was it on steam? I'm just curious. Haven't had it an account in years but been thinking about getting one.

It's sixty bucks, same as for the console versions.

I'm about to grab a few beers with some friends but I got to play the first half-hour (basically just finished the tutorial section). So far it seems like a good game. The free-running is a lot like Mirror's Edge, which is obviously a good thing. I haven't really gotten to fight any zombies yet (killed one, but he died in one hit and I assume that's because tutorial). I'll probably play some more when I get home a little later.

The game looks fantastic.

It's sixty bucks, same as for the console versions.

I'm about to grab a few beers with some friends but I got to play the first half-hour (basically just finished the tutorial section). So far it seems like a good game. The free-running is a lot like Mirror's Edge, which is obviously a good thing. I haven't really gotten to fight any zombies yet (killed one, but he died in one hit and I assume that's because tutorial). I'll probably play some more when I get home a little later.

The game looks fantastic.

I've put in maybe 1.5 hours so far and nothing terribly interesting has happened, its mostly just easing you in slowly and showing you some more advanced mechanics than the tutorial did. I did see my first darkness, and it looks like it has potential to be pretty damn terrifying if you're really immersed in the game, but they guide you to a safe house pretty quickly on your first sunset and you sleep through the whole night. Before that happened I ran into a big ass zombie with a sledge hammer, but I decided after two attempts at fighting him with a pipe and getting my bell rung that it was better to just distract him and proceed with the mission objectives.

So far its pretty cool, though I will say this may be better with a controller than mouse and keyboard as I'm finding the parkour stuff a little trickier with the M/KB than I anticipated. You really won't want to fire any guns, at least not real often, so the better aim in a first person game advantage with a mouse is kind of nullified. I'm probably gonna hook up my 360 controller to my PC and play with it later and see which I like better.

I've put in maybe 1.5 hours so far and nothing terribly interesting has happened, its mostly just easing you in slowly and showing you some more advanced mechanics than the tutorial did. I did see my first darkness, and it looks like it has potential to be pretty damn terrifying if you're really immersed in the game, but they guide you to a safe house pretty quickly on your first sunset and you sleep through the whole night. Before that happened I ran into a big ass zombie with a sledge hammer, but I decided after two attempts at fighting him with a pipe and getting my bell rung that it was better to just distract him and proceed with the mission objectives.

So far its pretty cool, though I will say this may be better with a controller than mouse and keyboard as I'm finding the parkour stuff a little trickier with the M/KB than I anticipated. You really won't want to fire any guns, at least not real often, so the better aim in a first person game advantage with a mouse is kind of nullified. I'm probably gonna hook up my 360 controller to my PC and play with it later and see which I like better.

I already have an Xbox controller hooked up, but have been using the mouse and keyboard so far. I'll post if my experiences are similar.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."