• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Goran Dragic

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Reynolds

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub
Reaction score
This summer he plans to give every team an equal opportunity for his services.

He was a gem unearthed by David Griffin in Phoenix.

Still a tremendous player, but not a name that comes to people's mind.

European players tend to favour winning and loyalty to an organization.

I'm sure this dude is looking to get paid, but knowing his history with David Griffin he's going to hear us out. He reminds me of a point guard version of Manu Ginobili.

He would be a killer addition.

Yeah great guy but we are a capped out team

This summer he plans to give every team an equal opportunity for his services.

He was a gem unearthed by David Griffin in Phoenix.

Still a tremendous player, but not a name that comes to people's mind.

European players tend to favour winning and loyalty to an organization.

I'm sure this dude is looking to get paid, but knowing his history with David Griffin he's going to hear us out. He reminds me of a point guard version of Manu Ginobili.

He would be a killer addition.

Killer add yes, but how exactly when we are over the cap? Sign and Trade with TT maybe... but they have the Morris Twins and Len and ect.

Gonna want a ton of money (he's earned it) and he's gonna want a starting spot (he's earned it).

Great player, but too pricey and needy for what this team should be looking at.

I want Kevin Durant.

We have an owner who's worth for just the Cavs ownership has tripled this past year to $1 billion. Gilbert is now worth over $3.5 billion. What's a cap. Lots of choices for the first Big 4.

We have an owner who's worth for just the Cavs ownership has tripled this past year to $1 billion. Gilbert is now worth over $3.5 billion. What's a cap. Lots of choices for the first Big 4.

Aaaaaaand because of the cap we can't sign anyone else to the kind of contract Dragic wants, no matter how rich Gilbert is.

Non-option for Cavs unless they were to let Love go, and then I guess it would depend on the contract he wants.

Took a glance at teams that need or could use a PG upgrade without consideration to contract/cap realities.

Orlando
Boston
Indiana
Lakers
Houston
Brooklyn
Utah
Knicks
Miami
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Sacramento

Someone with more cap knowledge than me could cross some cap-strapped teams off that list, but it seems to me that there's enough teams there that Dragic will end up in that second tier below max whatever that money shakes out at.

If Brooklyn, Lakers and Knicks have the money to do it, then he may end up a max player anyways after a bidding war. I don't know if any of them can though.

Plus Kyrie.

So yeah...Cavs were never in that discussion.

Last edited:

A cap is something you cant go over no matter what even if you want to spend money like you are play monopoly.

Further, because of the CBA, we cant s&t because we are over this thing called a cap.

We can offer one of the MLE's to sign him, about 5 mill, no way, no how, not going to happen.

Close thread, and next.

This thread should be about Marc Gasol, but none of them are realistic.

A cap is something you cant go over no matter what even if you want to spend money like you are play monopoly.

Further, because of the CBA, we cant s&t because we are over this thing called a cap.

We can offer one of the MLE's to sign him, about 5 mill, no way, no how, not going to happen.

Close thread, and next.

You can S&T when you are over the cap, but you can't do it when you are over the tax apron or would go over the apron with the trade. If we're over the luxury tax threshold and use the full MLE instead of the mini MLE, we get hard capped for the year.

The option we do have is trading Haywood for a player already signed. Dragic would be out unless we trimmed salary. We could by letting Thompson walk and hoping JR Smith declines his option. That might get us closer. LeBron could also conceivably allow his salary to go down a couple million for one year to facilitate a deal, but I wouldn't expect that.

Reactions: Lee
It may have been possible had we stuck under the Tax apron for the summer and been allowed to use Haywood's contract for a S&T player, though I wouldn't see it as realistic because of the position he plays.

We could have used the Dragic from 3-4 years ago as our backup, that's for sure.

Starting point guard doesn't strike me as the team's biggest need right now. What are we talking about in here again? Are you advocating an Irving trade, then gutting the team to make room for Dragic? I don't get this one at all.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."