• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kidney stones suck...........

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coyote850

NBA Starter
Reaction score
I have to be damn near dying to go to the ER. Well today I thought I might be dying. Freakin kidney stone.............

Sorry to hear it bro - The pain gotta suck for sure! Did you ever have Gout ?

Nope never had gout. This shit came outa nowhere. Pain so bad I can't sleep, even with oxycodone. FML.

I feel for you. There is no other pain like it. I wish I had some secret to tell you to ease the pain, but there is no way to lessen it. All you can do is drink lots of water. Other advice is to drink real lemonade. Something about real fruit juice is supposed to speed it along, or so I was told by a doctor. The only good thing is that when it passes, you feel better IMMEDIATELY and will never be happier. Good luck.

I feel for you. There is no other pain like it. I wish I had some secret to tell you to ease the pain, but there is no way to lessen it. All you can do is drink lots of water. Other advice is to drink real lemonade. Something about real fruit juice is supposed to speed it along, or so I was told by a doctor. The only good thing is that when it passes, you feel better IMMEDIATELY and will never be happier. Good luck.

Kidney Stones - main culprit Uric acid!
- No meat
- No sugar
- No alcohol
- Loads of water

Jesus Christ that's my entire diet..............I'm FUCKED.............

When I had Gout I had to follow all these things. It is not fun but trust me, when the pain goes away you will appreciate this a lot more.

Kidney Stones - main culprit Uric acid!
- No meat
- No sugar
- No alcohol
- Loads of water

This isn't necessarily true. Kidney stones can be made of a few different compounds, the most common (80%ish) are calcium based, then somewhere in the 10-15% are Uric acid based. If yours is uric acid, then big diet changes. If calcium based, it's almost impossible to prevent without lots of investigating, trial and error, etc.

I was told if you have 2 or more in a 5 year period, then seek help to determine causes, but a single occurrence is nothing to worry about.

Which also means, if you want to know what it's made of, you need to catch it when it comes out...

I will have to pay attention to my diet a bit. I don't drink a lot of straight water.(it makes me sick) But I do drink enough fluids to flush my system. So far the pain is coming and going, nothing I can't handle. But then again I have a tolerance for pain that is pretty unusual. (No bragging intended, just what I'm used to.)
Thanks for the input, helps a lot.

Woke up this morning in some pain, took an Oxycodone and went back to bed. Woke back up and went to pee and the piss was really dark colored then went to clear. Pissed a few more times after that and all was good, no pain. Maybe the worst is over????

Sounds like you passed the stone! Congrats! The dark stuff was blood. As the stone scrapes it's way through, it cuts you and you bleed, but the stone blocks it from leaving your body, just like it blocks everything behind it. Then the stone leaves, body clears it out, and you're perfect again.

Hope you never have another.

Today, I had a bladder stone removed. I passed a large one earlier in December, which hurt like bloody hell. But, the pain of a bladder stone isn't at the level of a kidney stone. I cannot imagine how much a kidney stone must hurt. I didn't realize I had a bladder stone until I felt it moving through my penis, stopping halfway to let me know it was there and that I would have to pee as hard as I could if I wanted to free myself of it. Still can hear the clinking sound it made when it hit the porcelain.

For the surgery, I was put under. I saw them injecting my IV to knock me out. Felt like I blinked my eyes, then heard the nurse say, "It's over." Anesthesia is great. They pushed a laser up my penis and blasted away at the stone to break it up. A couple hours later I was walking out of hospital. Have some good pain killers, but saving them for another day.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."