• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mo Williams Safari (traded to Charlotte)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
T-Wolves source Darren Wolfson is the only one connecting Mo with Cleveland, so far as I can tell.

That guy's face makes me angry. I remember his summer tweets, "NO WIGGINS THEN NO DEAL". You can just go to heck Darren! I can't bare to watch Flippy D Flip bend over Griff Griff again. My heart just can't take it!

That guy's face makes me angry. I remember his summer tweets, "NO WIGGINS THEN NO DEAL". You can just go to heck Darren! I can't bare to watch Flippy D Flip bend over Griff Griff again. My heart just can't take it!

Yup all the T-Wolves beat writers had an arrogance about them this summer that was quite ridiculous. Same with Flip and his constant trade rumor leaks.

Would rather not deal with them unless we get a real favorable deal.

Great idea, let's surround LBJ with guys that forced him to leave in the first place...

there's a difference between asking him to be a role player in limited minutes off of the bench vs asking him to be the team's second option.

Everybody likes Mo. But l would rather spend our assets on another big. God forbid an injury to Mozgov.
Surely we can find a ball handling pg who can pass on the cheap somewhere.

Agree, I'd love to have him on the team, boy, would he be better than Delly. But, I think we still need another big man.

I wouldn't give up more than a second round pick for Mo.

Everybody likes Mo. But l would rather spend our assets on another big. God forbid an injury to Mozgov.
Surely we can find a ball handling pg who can pass on the cheap somewhere.
Eh, while I agree on the premise of this statement, the biggest/glaring need right now is backup point guard.

Can't build a team on "what if" scenarios.

If we did trade for him, he would likely barely play, if at all, in the playoffs (aside from garbage time). Acquiring him (or any other backup PG) is about getting Kyrie more rest in the regular season. Rotations tighten up in the playoffs.

Love Mo but we don't need him.

If a backup PG is required, Jordan Farmar is available. Farmar is not only younger he also has prior experience with Blatt.

If we did trade for him, he would likely barely play, if at all, in the playoffs (aside from garbage time). Acquiring him (or any other backup PG) is about getting Kyrie more rest in the regular season. Rotations tighten up in the playoffs.
Kyrie isn't playing 48 minutes a game in the playoffs. he'd probably get 10-12 minutes with Kyrie playing the 2 a little. MO can hit an open shot and moves well. He's much better than delly and I don't wanna hear about dellys defense being better. Delly is awful on defense. He can't guard anyone. He just is willing to throw his body around and take fouls.

Playoff starter minutes:
Mozgov-30mpg
Love-35mpg
LeBron James-38mpg
JR Smith-25mpg
Kyrie-35mpg

So I got about 36mpg available between the 1 and 2 off the bench. Figure Shumpert takes 20-25mpg, which leaves about 15mpg. There would definitely be some minutes there to split with Delly.

I could see Mo getting between 10-25mpg any given night, which is plenty to spell Kyrie and hit jumpshots and certainly enough time to provide a spark if the scoring off the bench just isn't there.

image.jpg

This is interesting:

When Mo signed with the Timberwolves in July, the Timberwolves posted a picture of LeBron and Mo playing together for the Cavs on the Wolves' Instagram account. SOURCE

Last edited:
This is interesting:

When Mo signed with the Timberwolves in July, the Timberwolves posted a picture of LeBron and Mo playing together for the Cavs on the Wolves' Instagram account. SOURCE

Liked it for the novelty. If this is true, it would take an evil genius to pull this off. Who plans a trade like that 6 months earlier? I think they just used the Cavs pic because that was his best years, ultimately to remind Wolves fans of how good he was and still could be. Add the fact that putting LeBron there would have at least added more hits even if just a little.

Agree, I'd love to have him on the team, boy, would he be better than Delly. But, I think we still need another big man.

I wouldn't give up more than a second round pick for Mo.

I honestly can't fathom any team giving them more than a 2nd round pick for Mo. He's on a one year contract, would only be valuable to a small handful of contending teams, and I'm sure he has no plans of remaining in Minnesota passed this season. If teams are looking to trade for other players with the T'Wolves, I'd expect Mo to be a throw in to that deal. But Mo straight up will get very little to nothing in return. The Cavs could certainly use him, but I'd expect Griffin to have quite a few names in mind at backup PG that he'd turn to before giving Flip Sanders anything of real value. No way we'd give up the Haywood contract just for Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."