• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the winning streak Kyrie is averaging 27.6 ppg on 53.6 FG% and 54.8 3P%. Oh, and he's allowing opposing point guards (a list that includes Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Kemba Walker, and Darren Collison) to shoot only 29% from the field...

If any other point guard played defense like that, people would call him a "lockdown" defender... But people are afraid to call Kyrie above average on here.. :chuckle:

I'm OK with this. If teams are unprepared like that, they won't even setup enough plays to ward off Kyrie's impeccable defense. Reminds me how much the Spurs gets under the radar so much. People keep looking for ways to defeat contenders other than them! :D

If any other point guard played defense like that, people would call him a "lockdown" defender... But people are afraid to call Kyrie above average on here.. :chuckle:

Because we have a lot more evidence to the contrary.

Will be interesting how he does against LaVine tonight.

Over the winning streak Kyrie is averaging 27.6 ppg on 53.6 FG% and 54.8 3P%. Oh, and he's allowing opposing point guards (a list that includes Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Kemba Walker, and Darren Collison) to shoot only 29% from the field...

To add onto this....

No question. LaVine will definitely have his problems with Kyrie.

But I want to see how Kyrie does against such a long, athletic guard.
Will be a completely different challenge from guarding Collison, Lillard or Augustin.

No question. LaVine will definitely have his problems with Kyrie.

But I want to see how Kyrie does against such a long, athletic guard.
Will be a completely different challenge from guarding Collison, Lillard or Augustin.
So Westbrook and Rose don't count on this streak?

So Westbrook and Rose don't count on this streak?

Sure they do. I was just listing his most recent match-ups.

But nonetheless, LaVine is the biggest (6'5") and arguably most athletic guard of them all.

Sure they do. I was just listing his most recent match-ups.

But nonetheless, LaVine is the biggest (6'5") and arguably most athletic guard of them all.
Well he only had 6 points in the last matchup.

Interestingly, both LaVine and Mo Williams are questionable tonight. Mo has a bad hip and LaVine rolled his ankle in Philly last night.

He has been impressive, that is for sure. I'll gladly eat crow on his d. The presence of a legit alpha dog has done wonders for him.

I think just a compliment would be enough, AustinCarr.

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."