• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said he struggled to look good next to Durant...go read what I said again. And I never said I wouldn't take Westbrook over Kyrie for one year...unfortunately, that's not how basketball works.
"...we have already seen how Westbrook has struggled to look this good playing besides an even lower usage player than LeBron in KD."

What were you trying to say here then?

People are getting a little too biased around here lately...cmon now we don't want to turn into delusional Lakers fans :chuckle:

In the last few days I've seen people say that Kyrie is better than Westbrook, better than Curry, and better than Paul.

What people need to focus on is like for like comparisons.

Unless you are a generational player, you aren't going to be the best player in ball at 22. Kyrie isn't a Lebron/Duncan/Kobe/Davis level guy.

But if you compare Kyrie to his actual contemporaries - to Klay, to Lillard, to Kawhi, even to Wall - then the comparison is very favorable to our guy. In 3-4 years when Kyrie is truly in his prime, then I honestly expect him to be at that Curry/Harden/Westbrook level where he is firmly in the MVP conversation if Davis/Durant aren't running away with it.

I'd definitely rather have Irving on this team than Westbrook. That's like, 99.9% because of his outside shooting ability.

The crux of my argument is that Westbrook is incredible and an MVP caliber player, which you just supported by saying the reason he won't win MVP is his team's record and not his performance on the court.. :chuckle:
Ergo he is not a real MVP candidate. But yes he really has been playing great basketball for a barely above .500 team.

Ergo he is not a real MVP candidate. But yes he really has been playing great basketball for a barely above .500 team.

He will definitely be in the top 5 of MVP, but no he will not win if you want to go off on a side tangent about who will win MVP.

First paul now Westbrook it's like some of you don't pay attention to other teams. Westbrook has been playing out of this would. Actually not even out if this world last postseason dude was averaging the likes of 25/7/8. There's no shame in saying curry/Westbrook are better

He's not better than Wall, really. They're different kinds of guards in all honesty but I'm not comfortable saying he's better than Wall.

IMO Kyrie's better than John Wall. It's not by much, but with the Kyrie's improved defense and considerable edge as a shooter I'd give him the slightest of nods.

Wall's taken a step back from deep this season, he's down from a career-best 35.1% last season to a paltry 29.7%. Just having a slightly below-average 3-point shot makes Wall completely unguardable, him shooting under 30% kills the Wizards' inside-out game and makes them too reliable on his slash-and-kick game for their offense.

That's why I prefer Kyrie; he's just the more well-rounded offensive player. He combines Wall's dynamic presence with the ball and the outside shooting of Bradley Beal. Scoring over 20 a night while shooting 40% from deep isn't an easy task; only 16 players have accomplished it since the 3-pointer was added.

Advanced stats give the slight edge to Kyrie as well --- he tops Wall in PER (21.0 - 20.0), Win Shares (7.4 - 5.9), and True Shooting % (57.7% - 53.0%). They're both just outside the top-3 for me, but I'll take Kyrie at 4 over Wall.

Kyrie sure made it sound unlikely he will play at Indiana tomorrow in the postgame interview on FSO tonight.

I feel we can win without Kyrie tomorrow. Of course Love will have to step up then.

im cool with pulling a pop and sitting lebron, kyrie for houston on sunday

We are 1 game ahead of Chicago for the division and 1-2 games behind Toronto for the second seed [Toronto vs. Golden State tomorrow].

This is no time to take the foot off the gas. If Kyrie is hurt, OKAY. Sit him. If not, he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."