• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Baron Davis Reunion Safari

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
272.gif

As much as I have an unnatural love affair with Diddy, I just can't get behind bringing him back. He's done. Those knees are gone. It'd be like watching Jason Richardson play his whole 1 game this season after 2 years off. It was just ugly.

Couldn't we just send Harris to the D-League for the rest of the season instead of waiving him?

In the words of the great man, Matthew McConaughey, "Time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again."

I wouldn't sign him in a million years. But wouldn't it be ironic if the man who essentially helped trigger the chain reaction that drafted Kyrie Irving (via his arrival trade along with an unprotected first) which then - 5 years later - put us in a position to build the greatest team in Cleveland sports history, was the final piece of the puzzle that secure this team its first championship?

It's not that simple (mainly because Baron's no longer good enough) but wouldn't it be a wonderful, ingenious alpha and omega story? :chuckle:

I moved this to Around the NBA, which I think was generous considering the other options. :chuckle:

Any chance miller or haywood needs surgey and we just have them go for it? Open up another spot? If u have 2 players w season ending injuries dont u get another spot?

This is the least we could do for Baron for getting us Kyrie.

Any chance miller or haywood needs surgey and we just have them go for it? Open up another spot? If u have 2 players w season ending injuries dont u get another spot?

Having 2 or 3 players with season ending injuries doesn't open up an extra spot.

To get a 16th roster spot requires four injured (inactive) players, plus league approval. The Cavs have three injuries at this point, counting Varejao, Irving and Marion. Even if they had a 4th player hurt, the 16th roster spot goes away the instant any of the four injured players returns.

Waiving a player is the only viable way to open up an extra spot at this point.

Last edited:
Baron Davis shot 37% for the Knicks three years ago.

He'll be 36 in April. I love the dude for what he did when he was here, but there is no way that I waive Delly or Harris to bring him aboard just so he can ring chase and retire after the season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."