• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 60 | Cavs (37-22) @ Pacers (23-34) | February 27, 2015 | 7:00pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Why do we think it's a good idea to give away easy win games? They make a difference in the long run. LeBron should have sucked it up and played.
If the dude is hurt, he is hurt. No need to risk a real injury. Look at the teams decimated this year due to injuries, just in the East.

There is no reason to think one regular season game against a team we very likely won't play is more important than the playoffs.

If you're worried about LeBron's MVP campaign, this loss likely strengthens his case more then a win against Indy would have. The teams record is terrible without him.

This game has absolutely zero meaning to anything. This was the right game to give away and sit LeBron. We have a rough stretch ahead.

I hate the Pacers. But they had to leave everything on the floor tonight to beat our towel wavers who played without a half decent PG.
Some players could've stepped up a little more but I'm happy with the effort by everybody.

I don't get the overreaction about Love and/or Blatt. There are just so many things you can do with that group of players.
Did you see Mike Miller make an entry pass to a guy in the fourth row? Did you see JJ try to dribble and looking like this is the first time he touches a basketball? Did you see Delly cutting to the basket like he's Kyrie's long lost twin, instead of running an offense?
I'm happy that we held on as close as we did, to be honest.

This game has absolutely zero meaning to anything. This was the right game to give away and sit LeBron. We have a rough stretch ahead.

I hate the Pacers. But they had to leave everything on the floor tonight to beat our towel wavers who played without a half decent PG.
Some players could've stepped up a little more but I'm happy with the effort by everybody.

I don't get the overreaction about Love and/or Blatt. There are just so many things you can do with that group of players.
Did you see Mike Miller make an entry pass to a guy in the fourth row? Did you see JJ try to dribble and looking like this is the first time he touches a basketball? Did you see Delly cutting to the basket like he's Kyrie's long lost twin, instead of running an offense?
I'm happy that we held on as close as we did, to be honest.

Smith, Shump, Mozgov, TT, and Love -- that is five legit NBA players and one supposed all-star. Then Delly and Perk should give you at least something. That could be enough to beat a team like Indy if your all-star is really an all-star.

Or everyone has already chalked this one up as a schedule loss.

This team should NEVER chalk a game up as a loss, before it starts. Even without LeBron and Kyrie, this team still has enough weapons to beat bad teams. We're not the friggin' Sixers. It would be nice to win a game without LeBron once. It would be nice for Love to carry the team once. Love's shot is still way too inconsistent. When Love gets open threes, he should be automatic. If he isn't, he needs to spend more time in the gym.

Last edited:
Does this thread have to turn into a cesspool every time we lose? Even with our 2 best players resting?

Cmon man...

Maybe you don't seem to understand my points. Kevin Love is an allstar and isn't being treated as such. When we have LeBron and Ky out Love should constantly get the ball, period. What don't you get?

How do you have your two other star players out and still don't run the offense through Love? Help me understand Blatt.

Lol... Pacer fans are almost as bad as bulls fans.

Not worried about this loss at all. We played like shit, and barely lost.

Just wanna come out and win on Sunday. Beat the beard!

This is just meh to me, not much to break down but I am not liking the way the offense just completely lacks without James/Irving out there. I know they are super-stars, but these guys are still pros and just to completely go from one end of the spectrum to another in less than a quarter is amazing.

I am not taking much stock in this outcome, it does put them back into the 4th seed and I did like they fought back.

It is what it is. I wanted to see a Love sighting and didn't get one. He needs to go off one of this nights to keep his mentality right. This was a prime game for that and he didn't really show up to have that much effect on the outcome.

I liked Shumpert getting more burn and he looked good out there.

Always hate losing to the Pacers but after the season, no facing them until at least October. Those cats aren't making the playoffs.

This is just meh to me, not much to break down but I am not liking the way the offense just completely lacks without James/Irving out there. I know they are super-stars, but these guys are still pros and just to completely go from one end of the spectrum to another in less than a quarter is amazing.

I am not taking much stock in this outcome, it does put them back into the 4th seed and I did like they fought back.

It is what it is. I wanted to see a Love sighting and didn't get one. He needs to go off one of this nights to keep his mentality right. This was a prime game for that and he didn't really show up to have that much effect on the outcome.

I liked Shumpert getting more burn and he looked good out there.

Always hate losing to the Pacers but after the season, no facing them until at least October. Those cats aren't making the playoffs.

Losing without our two primary ball handlers is fine with me. How many games did Minny win without Rubio? Indiana has a more balanced team that is used to playing without an offensive focal point. Without Irving and/or LeBron, we'd probably lose against most teams because we aren't used to playing without key members of the team. And we're talking about an Indiana team that has played well as of late. Yeah, you'd hope we'd win without Kyrie and LeBron. But that's like the Warriors winning without Klay and Steph. Or the Clippers winning without Paul and Blake. Yes it's a talented overall team, but if you're not used to playing these kinds of minutes, you're not going to win. We beat the best team in basketball last night and played a surging team on a back to back without our two best players and two of the top 20 scoring players in the league right now. I'm confident that if we had either of Kyire or LeBron, we'd win. But that wasn't an option. 2nd or 3rd is our destiny. And if we're healthy, there's still no doubt in my mind that we can get to the finals.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."