• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
okay, lol one or 2 games but my point still stands. He isn't the x factor when kyrie or lebron aren't playing with him for majority of the time. Remember those 2 weeks or so when kyrie and lebron were both out?

Great, now we're moving goal posts. I'm done. Best of luck critics. Have this day.

The Hate Brigade hasn't moved the goal posts; they don't actually have them. They have Kevin on a treadmill running after an In-N-Out Burger he'll never catch.

And that burger, dressed to the nines with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, ketchup, mayo (not OJ), mustard and a thick slice of good 'ole fashioned American cheese, is the metaphorical illusion that they'll ever love him.

It's amazing to me that all it would take for this to go away, or at least not be as big of a deal here, was for K Love to hit 1 more shot each game...then you're talking about a 3rd option giving you nearly 20 and 10 a night and hitting over 50% of his shots...think about that...just 1 more made shot.

Anyways, I've always believed it would take until next year to have him fit in properly. He doesn't have the expedited advantage of being a primary ball-handler like Kyrie when adjusting to playing with a very high usage player. People saw his skill-set of being able to shoot and figured it would be a clean fit with little drop in production because LeBron and Kyrie would just drive and kick all game long, but its much harder than that when Love is so good in other areas. Its much easier the 1st year together to just space the floor and primarily use K Love as a shooting threat than it is to incorporate using him as a low post presence and playing inside out, especially when you are in win-now mode with 2 elite perimeter players who have never played that way. As LeBron gets older, and Kyrie and Kevin begin to hit their primes, I think you will see their usage rates become more and more even and the style of play change a bit. FYI, usage right now is Lebron 33.1%, Kyrie 25.5%, K Love 21.8%.

The reason why people are defending Love, as was said earlier in the thread, is because they are tired of other people reflexively criticizing him. It's a pretty simple cause-effect relationship.

Anytime we lose, Love will be criticized and someone will likely bring up Wiggins.

If Love puts up 19/14 (Knicks), 22/10 (Blazers), 20/11 (Nuggets) and so on and so forth it doesn't make any difference if we lose. There is a group of people who will rush to blame Love anytime we don't win. That's just how it is, and it annoys the heck out of a number of other posters.

So back and forth it goes. Another loss, cue up the Kevin Love thread and possibly the Revisiting The Trade thread.

God forbid if people are actually rational, and don't swing one way or the other, and just make note that Kevin doesn't look the same.

This guy was averaging 26 and 12 boards last year! We all know he's playing a diminished role, and that his production isn't going to be the same.

A night when Kyrie Irving and LeBron James are out, his 17 points seem very difficult to come by against a shitty team. No one really cares that we got beat, at least I don't. But how does anyone not watch that game, and ask what the hell is wrong with Kevin Love?

That's when anyone with eyes should pause, and say what is going on here? He is not right! This is a natural born scorer we're talking about.

It's not that he shot badly, it's not that he just had 17 points. It's more that overall he really seems to struggle to make his imprint on the game.

Kevin Love is not playing like an all-star, at all! He's playing like a guy that's heavily relied upon everyone else.

Something is clearly wrong with him.

I am not going to pretend for the record I've watched a lot of Kevin Love in his career, I really haven't.

I am going to pull a Barkley and say the hell with analytical stats for a second. Going on the eye test alone, and what I've seen from Love this year. I find in impossible that he's truly capable of putting up 26 and 12, like he did last year, from what I've seen of this year. No way, no how!

I've been watching basketball too long. I am not suggesting that Kevin is really not that good either. He's just a slug on the floor at the moment, granted he's not the fastest guy in the world to begin with, but he's playing the game at a slower pace. Everything to him seems like a struggle, the guy isn't moving fluid. I'd guess he's injured.

I mean, I know we've all been critical of Blatt. But it's not like the man is stupid enough to dial up 17 shots tonight for Delly, and ignore Kevin Love.

Kevin struggles to make himself assertive. If a shitty ass team like the T-Wolves knew how to get him involved, I wouldn't think it'd be brain surgery for us.

So that leaves the obvious, that's he's probably not healthy.

Last edited:
I am in no means trying to compare him to Bosh but even when Bosh had to retool his game to play with LBJ, there were games when he would absolutely go off with or without James playing.

I thought the Cavs would be getting that with Love. Obviously, it's still young in their career partnership and it comes with time and patience but I thought at this point we would see a string of consecutive games where Love looks more than good out there. He doesn't have to completely change his game, I mean its a given the team tries to get him going every first quarter.

He could be secretly injured and is too proud to make it known.

People criticizing Love tonight need to understand two things.

1. Blatt didn't put the ball in Love's hands. Yes, Love got more shots but so did Smith, Shumpert, and Dellavedova. Those three guards combined for 52 total shots. This was an experiment in ball-handling duties. Kevin bought into the plan and played his role.

2. In spite of that, Kevin's numbers were par for the course vs. David West, averaging 18.4 points and 11.8 rebounds. Kevin had 17 points and 10 rebounds. I don't know what it is about West but Kevin doesn't consistently put up big numbers against him.

Onto Houston.

Last edited:
Remember when we played these guys at PF

Samardo Samuel
Earl Clark
Anthony Bennett
Luke Harangody
Darnell Jackson
JJ Hickson
Etc......

I understand that people are going to complain after Love has a subpar game, that's what fans do. This guy can't do anything without getting a bunch of shit in here. Remember what we used to get out of the 4 spot? He's EASILY the best PF we have had in a long time. There's no way he was going to put up 26 a night on a team with so many options. Could he play more consistent? Probably. The hate that this dude gets after an average game is laughable. 17&10 is a lot more than anything I'm used to on this team, especially at that position.

Can someone PM me and let me know when it's finally okay to criticize Kevin Love this season?

Some of us have been waiting quite awhile, for at least 20 games or so.. I know the season is almost over, so, it'd be nice to at least have the discussion without getting mobbed and downvoted?

Well... just thought I'd check in on the thread.

Bye.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."