• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Browns Quarterback Position

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
McCown is nothing more than a gap filler. The front office is praying Manziel has shit together by spring OTAs'. If Hundley, Gayson or Petty are available when we pick in the 2nd or 3rd rd, don't be surprised if one of them is a Brown.

"That is not the going rate for a starting QB."

Capt. James T. Obvious

Browns are hoping that Manziel pans out. If not, tank the season with McCown and get a high #1 next year........... #100yearwar.

Has anyone watched Brett Hundley at all? I've only see like a game or two and I was just wondering what everyone thinks about him? Would you take him in the first? second?

I read an interview with Pettine and he made it sound like he really wants to build an elite defense with the draft. I'm guessing he would prefer to answer the front 7 with the first round and try to get Hundley with the second rounder.

Has anyone watched Brett Hundley at all? I've only see like a game or two and I was just wondering what everyone thinks about him? Would you take him in the first? second?

No QB in the 1st round. Unless they are damn confident in MM and trade the picks, you do not take a QB in the 1st with the 12 or 19. Anything after I can live with.

I think the "personality rift" Farmer has with Hoyer is that he doesn't think he is worth as much as Hoyer thinks he is worth.

I also think the Browns starting QB will be either Manziel or another QB they draft. McCown may start the first few weeks, but I don't think he'll be starting all year.

Feel like this says alot, quite frankly.

Agreed. I thought the same thing. I think the question now is less "will they draft a QB?" and more likely "who?"

Reactions: AZ_
I'm open-minded at the moment. I want to see how this plays out. McCown is clearly fine with the mentor role/short-term starter thing. He's 35, so even he cant think he's a long-term solution. Hoyer on the other hand, had different ideas. He wanted no part of someone nipping at his heels. At least now we know what general direction the team is going. They dont think Hoyer is the answer, and they want to be able to bring someone along slowly. The question now is whether they still believe in Johnny or they'll draft someone.

I still believe there is a mutually beneficial trade in place that involves getting Manziel out of town. Seiklis mentioned Manziel headed to an NFC South team. I don't know what form it will look like, but a lot of player movement at this stage would be a good thing. There was a lot about the offense which was monumentally mishandled by the front office the past two seasons, leading to capable people wanting nothing to do with the franchise. Time for a player reboot if we can't reboot the front office.

We can play guessing games leading up to it, but I don't have anything positive to say if a McCown/Manziel partnership continues after the draft. I'm intrigued by the possibility that Tampa Bay isn't as excited about Winston as they let on. But again, this is a lot of smoke and mirrors right now.

Trade with NO..Manziel for McCown.

NO has the perfect 6'0" Pro Bowl QB to take Manziel under his wing
CLE has the dynamic duo of the McCown brothers...

But I really don't know what other team it could be?

Carolina has Newton who's young.
TB is going to take one of the QB's. Can't really see them seeing Manziel as better prospect than Winston/MM.
Atlanta has Matt Ryan who's only 29. Only thing I could see us getting from them could be Hester.

I really have no clue...we are stuck with him!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."