• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Picked up Tomb Raider and played for like 30 mins been pure awesomeness so far. Just announced its gonna be free on the next GwG lol $20 bucks well spent tho can't complain.

Picked up Tomb Raider and played for like 30 mins been pure awesomeness so far. Just announced its gonna be free on the next GwG lol $20 bucks well spent tho can't complain.
You talking the latest TR that came out? If so, yup it was great.

It's the only Tomb Raider game that could ever be described as great. The others were varying degrees of mediocre or awful.

i know right? its kind of a pet peeve of mine, reading about people talking about TR online, someone always asks if they mean the most recent one lol. like 1.) yeah, cuz the other ones are several years old and nobody ever talks about them and 2.) its the only really good one

i know right? its kind of a pet peeve of mine, reading about people talking about TR online, someone always asks if they mean the most recent one lol. like 1.) yeah, cuz the other ones are several years old and nobody ever talks about them and 2.) its the only really good one

If it weren't for Lara Croft's giant tits, the series never would have gotten past two games. I remember trying to play the first one and being like, "fuck this." It was just an unplayable mess. Lara controlled like a fucking tank despite the fact that every jump required ridiculous precision. Just terribly designed.

If it weren't for Lara Croft's giant tits, the series never would have gotten past two games. I remember trying to play the first one and being like, "fuck this." It was just an unplayable mess. Lara controlled like a fucking tank despite the fact that every jump required ridiculous precision. Just terribly designed.

Yes but ten-year-old me kept playing solely because of the tits....

Just beat Far Cry 4.
I apparently chose the "bad ending" by killing Pagan and siding with Amita. Watched all of the alternate endings on youtube after I beat it and letting Pagan live was obviously the better choice because it offered way more information as to what was going on with Ajay's family.
Don't know what game to play next. It's between Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, and AC3. I'm leaning towards Skyrim because even though I've put almost 200 hours into it I've never beaten the main quest or the Dragonborn DLC.

Just beat Far Cry 4.
I apparently chose the "bad ending" by killing Pagan and siding with Amita. Watched all of the alternate endings on youtube after I beat it and letting Pagan live was obviously the better choice because it offered way more information as to what was going on with Ajay's family.
Don't know what game to play next. It's between Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, and AC3. I'm leaning towards Skyrim because even though I've put almost 200 hours into it I've never beaten the main quest or the Dragonborn DLC.

I keep going back to Skyrim because its such a good game and I've never finished either. I always start fresh when I pick it back up which has led me to about 4 almost finishes, but I keep getting sidetracked with all the crap there is to do and the eventually another game catches my interest before I finish.

Reactions: NtG
I keep going back to Skyrim because its such a good game and I've never finished either. I always start fresh when I pick it back up which has led me to about 4 almost finishes, but I keep getting sidetracked with all the crap there is to do and the eventually another game catches my interest before I finish.

Yeah, the longest character I played was a Khajiit. I did the thieves guild, fighters guild (forgot what it's really called), Dawngaurd DLC, and I also think I finished all of the town Jarl quests with him. I never finished the civil war questline in addition to the main quest. There's just so much to do in that game. I'll have to start a new character because that Khajiit was on my old computer and I don't have those mods anymore so the file is corrupted.

I had this personal rule when I was playing before where I would walk everywhere rather than using fast-travel and I had to go in exactly 1 dungeon that was on the pathway to my destination. It definitely made the game more interesting.

I'd go with BioShock Infinite since it's the shortest of the three games, and the best of them as well. You can get through it in ten to fifteen hours (I think) and then move on to Skyrim.

Just beat Far Cry 4.

AC3 was decent. Not great, but decent enough to keep me coming back until I beat it.

Bioshock Infinte you can power through in no time at all. Should take you maybe a few days. Good game, but short.

Skyrim... well, you already know what to expect there. Personally, I liked the Dawnguard DLC better than Dragonborn, but you do at least get a new Dragon Priest mask out of it, as well as a new continent to explore. In fact, I think there are like four or five new masks that come with that DLC (not part of the original nine for the original Dragon Priest sidequest, though).

Speaking of the masks, when you get to the final dungeon of the main quest, be sure to loot the mask off the Dragon Priest you fight there, as you can only go to that area once and it's your only opportunity to get it.

Never played a Dead or Alive game, so I downloaded the free bare bones version of the newest one on PS4 to check it out. Thirty or so costume options for females ranging from bikinis to nurse outfits... in a fighting game. Hilarious.

Anyone got Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse yet? Probably going to buy it next week. Thoughts?

I remember trying to follow the walkthrough for the very first game on PC (back in the days where you would print out 100 pages of step-by-step instructions on how to conquer the game). Instructions would go something like this:

- Take 3 steps forward, ensuring that Lara's feel are half-way positioned on the edge of the ledge.
- Take 7 full steps backwards.
- Sprint forward until Lara's feet reach the edge of the ledge and press X to jump.
- After pushing X, lean forward, hit L2 and push SQUARE.
- Immediately afterwards (do not wait a second or you'll fall), hit the O button and leap to your right.
- Shimmy 3 paces and pause for incoming swinging blade behind you.
- Count to 6.
- Cotinue shimmying another 3 paces for next swinging blade.
- As blade passes, move left 3 paces and then right 5 paces to avoid firing darts and spikes.

Etc. etc.

Just ridiculous stuff. No idea how I would've done that as a kid without the damn walkthrough. And let's not even get started with how long it would take to turn Lara a full 180 degree rotation. By the time you had fully turned around, you were mauled to bits by a tiger...

Anyone got Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse yet? Probably going to buy it next week. Thoughts?

Been playing it on my PC, debated on buying it legit for my x1 or Dying Light. Ended up with Dying Light but DBX is actually really solid. Definitely more of an RPG than a traditional DBZ fighter. Battling is pretty simplified although I've been told it gets harder, somehow I'm doubting it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."