• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
You're missing my entire point. When LB is on the floor, it makes Delly absolutely useless. He's smaller and undersized, he's not running the offense at all.

Even if Shump is playing badly, he still gives you more size, athleticism, and speed on the perimeter defensively.

There's no justification Delly playing 42 minutes, and Shump just 24. That's a bad use of your rotation. Delly struggled badly on both sides of the ball.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular on why we got beat, it was just a misuse by Blatt.

Delly is anything but.

So what is your solution? If Delly comes out, do you want to play Thompson, Love, AND Mozgov on the floor with LeBron and Smith? Talk about getting killed in switches and transition against that team's 3 point shooting.

Play Shumpert at point guard? He was awful today. And besides, what would that have to do with Kevin Love?

I'm just not understanding the comments comparing the minutes of Delly and Love.

First you said he shouldn't be playing more minutes than Love, now you're saying Shump should be getting more minutes, two totally different things.

Delly's minutes have nothing to do with Love's, and him (or even if it was Shump) getting more minutes than Love is understandable because we're missing Kyrie. Maybe Shump should have gotten more minutes, but he wasn't giving us much, got burned multiple times on D.

He shouldn't be playing more minutes than Love! There's nothing that differs from that.

A game where we're playing a rotation of 3 bigs, and 4 rotational wing players. And Delly gets more minutes than a guy that's an all-star is absurd.

Tell me what Delly did so well, to warrant those minutes? He was getting abused defensively, and he was giving us his usual 3 points a game.

Delly should not be playing as much as he did! That's not hard logic to grasp here. I knew he was going to have to play a heavy amount of minutes, but he played way too many tonight. More than he had to.

Last edited:
Delly is anything but.

So what is your solution? If Delly comes out, do you want to play Thompson, Love, AND Mozgov on the floor with LeBron and Smith? Talk about getting killed in switches and transition against that team's 3 point shooting.

Play Shumpert at point guard? He was awful today. And besides, what would that have to do with Kevin Love?

I'm just not understanding the comments comparing the minutes of Delly and Love.

You're not even reading what I'm saying man. It's simple logic, when LeBron is in the game, Delly is not the point guard. The fact people keep mentioning that is laughable.

You play LB, Shump, and JR.

Delly is anything but.

I would rather have seen a lineup of

Shump
JR
LBJ
Love
Moz(or tristan)

That lineup would have been very effective with good perimeter/post defense, scorers inside and out, and LBJ doing LBJ things. I am on the pro blatt side but this was a big mistake he made(of few today IMO).

Good game from Kevin Love... but I just feel as though he's still not being used correctly.

No touches at all in OT? Why?
Gouri. I just don't have the energy to go back and respond to your other post, let's just say we disagree.

But I 100% agree here.

We have gotten better, a lot better, in 2015 at finding him, but we still keep regressing in looking for him on the floor.

When he was getting early post position and sealing his man off in the post in the first half, he looked unstoppable. And then we went away from him. Again.

Isn't it great the way Love really stepped up his production and effort to help a short handed team the past 2 games?

Worth every dollar we're going to pay him because he comes up biggest when the team needs him most.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

birdhouse-HSUv.jpg

You're not even reading what I'm saying man. It's simple logic, when LeBron is in the game, Delly is not the point guard. The fact people keep mentioning that is laughable.

You play LB, Shump, and JR.

No, I read what was said. But the minutes of Love vs. Delly were brought up and that was irrelevant.

Sure, your suggestion is valid, but Shumpert was awful today, so what's the issue?

No, I read what was said. But the minutes of Love vs. Delly were brought up and that was irrelevant.

Sure, your suggestion is valid, but Shumpert was awful today, so what's the issue?

I brought up that there's no justification playing Delly more minutes than Love, and there isn't.

A previous poster brought up its obvious why Delly had to play that many minutes, because he was the point guard. I corrected him, in that no, he was not running the point when LB was in there. So there was no point in Delly having to play that many minutes, because he's the point guard.

So in result, again, there was no purpose in justifying Delly playing more than Love tonight however anyone wants to look at it. That's the entire point.

Look, Blatt didn't have his best day. If you asked Blatt, he'd probably agree, saying he screwed up. It's not something to crucify him over it. Mistakes were made, move on, and on to the next.

I don't think it changes the outcome really, it wasn't our best day period.

Isn't it great the way Love really stepped up his production and effort to help a short handed team the past 2 games?

Worth every dollar we're going to pay him because he comes up biggest when the team needs him most.

Clown_zpsf3033384.jpg

As poorly as they played, if Lebron makes even 60% of his FTs, this whole convo is moot. Bottom line.

Minutes and rotations wont be perfect, Lebron will always Iso a little too much, guys will miss open looks... but dammit, gotta make free throws, especially in the playoffs against good teams.

Motherfucker! We have not been fortunate with injuries this year. Andy out for the season. Iron man Lebron James missing more games already than he's ever missed in a season before (most he missed before was 7 and he's missed 11 already). Kyrie's been out 5 games. Marion has been out for at least a week now. Delly was out earlier in the season. Shump was recovering from injury when we got him. And now Love could miss his 4th game of the year.

Same as every team really

Injuries usually heal up for playoffs unles its serious

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."