• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 61 | Cavs (37-23) @ Rockets (40-18) | March 1, 2015 | 3:30pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Houston without Howard, who is replace by Motiejunas - they lose defense, win offense. This guy is a very good replacement for Howard.

Cavs lose Irving and he is replaced with Delly who plays more than 40 minutes.

So yes, this game was hugely unbalanced. Cavs lose much much much more without Irving than Rockets without Howard, because of lack of depth.

And JR and Shumpert were shooting like shit.

With both teams healthy Cavs win a 7 game series.

Mozgov played 18 minutes. Blatt relies on fringe players who happen to be in the game when a comeback occurs too much. This is about the 3rd time this season he's got caught sticking with James Jones too long. Moreover, I don't understand why, if LBJ is going to play full time point the last quarter and OT, you stick with Delly and not just put Shumpert in.

And I have no idea how the Harden kick could be ruled a flagrant, but not a flagrant 2. It's after the play, so if it's a total accident then it shouldn't be anything at all. But if it IS on purpose, then it HAS to be a flagrant 2 at that point. Made no sense at all.

Lebron is so stiff on the line he gives himself no room for error, doesn't bend his knees at all. Its all upper body. He has to correct that prior to the post season.

Ima put my senses here, im fuking proud how we played, we played hard showed composure didnt act thuggish and that will lead us deep into the postseason. We played like weve been there before(and yea i know we havent) but we played agaisnt all odds, first a group of refs who didnt know wtf they were watching and two we played a houston team that tried to intimidate us by showing fake thuggish skills and refs helping them didnt help but who gives a fuk, we fought back and almost won. This is not game 7 of the fukin finals i just wanna say im proud of my cavs and wanna say LETS FUKING GOOOO!!!!!

i like how people use the no kyrie excuse and fail to see dwight howards 7 foot ass on the bench in a suit.

why no mozgov? its goddamn james harden cutting to the basket.

Mozgov played 18 minutes. Blatt relies on fringe players who happen to be in the game when a comeback occurs too much. This is about the 3rd time this season he's got caught sticking with James Jones too long. Moreover, I don't understand why, if LBJ is going to play full time point the last quarter and OT, you stick with Delly and not just put Shumpert in.

And I have no idea how the Harden kick could be ruled a flagrant, but not a flagrant 2. It's after the play, so if it's a total accident then it shouldn't be anything at all. But if it IS on purpose, then it HAS to be a flagrant 2 at that point. Made no sense at all.
Made plenty of sense, the refs didn't want to kick him out of a nationally televised game. Will be interesting to see how big the NBA's love affair with Harden is, he should get a suspension. I doubt he will, though.

As for the troll account, I challenged him with why he didn't make an argument and he replied with
I don't post because I would rather than get into long and protracted debates with posters who are clear homers and have no intention of debating in a civil manner.

As for your post, I disagree with the notion that Harden was flopping on that play. LeBron fouled him with a hook and that should have been called a foul, plain and simple.

So he's a pure feedback troll and admitted as much. He also apparently has some poor vision and listening skills, as Harden, in obvious fashion, hooked LeBron and tried to get bailed out, too scared to actually try and ice the game with skill.

Damn, James channeling his selfish side and missing free throws cost was freaky to see.. I love the dude, obviously, he is the best player in the world but something was up with him.

Attempting shot after shot, going one on one and missing free throws lost the Cavs this game. It doesn't help that the guards didn't do jack shit on the offensive end but I want to know what is up with James. Did he take the match up with Harden too serious? Why was almost every possession by him one on one?

I am confident in saying if he made half of the free throws he missed, Cavs win. Obviously hindsight is 20/20.

You can win games by yourself and you can lose them. Not all the blame goes to James but a lot does. This game only stings because of the chippiness. The Houston Rockets are not representing the West in the finals any time soon.

Harden is a Wade clone with a bit less talent. A prime Wade used to do all this dirty work. Harden does dirty work but with even more calls than Wade got. I mean really what is the love fest with the NBA and Harden?They pretty much made him a superstar and he is not or shouldn't be. He is not as good as he seems as the refs and his flopping helps him out. Not saying the guy is not great but man, it is fitting he and Howard are on the same team. I think I have my new favorite hated team and player in Harden.

A loss like this can only make the team better. Looking back at the film, they are going to realize LeISO shouldn't be run every play. It's different when you have Kyrie and LeBron because in addition to having two very good one on one players, they both also pass fairly well. Additionally, LeBron will hopefully work on his freethrows. We've gone down significantly, over the past few weeks. I've been more comfortable with Tristan shooting. Love and LeBron seem to constantly split fts.

Damn, James channeling his selfish side and missing free throws cost was freaky to see.. I love the dude, obviously, he is the best player in the world but something was up with him.

If this is LeBron six years ago, he triple doubles with sixty points and hits one of those last minute shots in Harden's face. We win.

He has to realize his body isn't what it was.

I was watching the game all the way from Israel and enjoyed every minute of it to be quite honest, there was really a playoffs atmosphere, Houston's crowd was doing a great job at the game, reacting to every move from both teams.
You could really feel that the players really cared about this game, playing physical basketball, getting under each other skin, some trash talks, pushing and shoving, scuffles and hard plays, it was really a great game to watch.

And as for the Cavs, I thought we faced the Rockets very well considering the fact that Kyrie Irving was inactive due to an injury, it was really a war out there, and the guys didn't give up.
Unfortunately J.R. Smith wasn't able to get his shots to fall but he contributed in other aspects of the game and also burried a crucial jumper towards the end of the game, Mozgov wasn't really felt in this game, I reckoned that after the little trash talk with Ariza he would starting bumping bodies and be more physical and make some good plays, unfortunately he wasn't able to do so. I know there has been lots of critics about Matthew Dellavedova, and about David Blatt letting him play too many minutes, but I believe that Matthew is going to come up big eventually for the Cavs, and he wasn't too bad against the Rockets, he hustled for the ball, and he dealt pretty well with Beverley I believed, and let's not forget he is our only back up point guard for Kyrie.

About Kevin Love, he was decent, but very quiet throughout the game, he had 21 points on very decent percentages but unfortunately he didn't make a statement, I believe that if Love had played with more domination the Cavs would have gotten the W.
Tristin Thompson was the energizer off the bench, he was very important for the Cavs grabbing 19 rebounds and scoring his shots and free-throws.

And finally LeBron, it was great watching him dueling up with James Harden, it was a sight for sore eyes, and I believe that the scuffle with Beverley and the kick to the groin from Harden had only empowered the rivalry between those two, they were both really great and provided some amazing plays, I personally believe LeBron was better, in one point of the game he totally shut Harden down with strict defense causing Harden to throw an airball.
But I believe that the decision ending towards the end was the cause for the lose not only the free-throws, because it happens when you miss free-throws, but Cavs could definitely win if LeBron dribbled the ball less and let his teammates be more active, I thought James Jones should recieved more looks, same as Kevin Love, and I believe the last ball should have been set for an alley-oop to Tristin Thompson..

The Cavs and the Rockets provided us with a very good game, really you could feel like if you watched a playoff game, the Cavs will need to play together in order to beat the stubborn Boston Celtics.

I was watching the game all the way from Israel and enjoyed every minute of it to be quite honest, there was really a playoffs atmosphere, Houston's crowd was doing a great job at the game, reacting to every move from both teams.
You could really feel that the players really cared about this game, playing physical basketball, getting under each other skin, some trash talks, pushing and shoving, scuffles and hard plays, it was really a great game to watch.

And as for the Cavs, I thought we faced the Rockets very well considering the fact that Kyrie Irving was inactive due to an injury, it was really a war out there, and the guys didn't give up.
Unfortunately J.R. Smith wasn't able to get his shots to fall but he contributed in other aspects of the game and also burried a crucial jumper towards the end of the game, Mozgov wasn't really felt in this game, I reckoned that after the little trash talk with Ariza he would starting bumping bodies and be more physical and make some good plays, unfortunately he wasn't able to do so. I know there has been lots of critics about Matthew Dellavedova, and about David Blatt letting him play too many minutes, but I believe that Matthew is going to come up big eventually for the Cavs, and he wasn't too bad against the Rockets, he hustled for the ball, and he dealt pretty well with Beverley I believed, and let's not forget he is our only back up point guard for Kyrie.

About Kevin Love, he was decent, but very quiet throughout the game, he had 21 points on very decent percentages but unfortunately he didn't make a statement, I believe that if Love had played with more domination the Cavs would have gotten the W.
Tristin Thompson was the energizer off the bench, he was very important for the Cavs grabbing 19 rebounds and scoring his shots and free-throws.

And finally LeBron, it was great watching him dueling up with James Harden, it was a sight for sore eyes, and I believe that the scuffle with Beverley and the kick to the groin from Harden had only empowered the rivalry between those two, they were both really great and provided some amazing plays, I personally believe LeBron was better, in one point of the game he totally shut Harden down with strict defense causing Harden to throw an airball.
But I believe that the decision ending towards the end was the cause for the lose not only the free-throws, because it happens when you miss free-throws, but Cavs could definitely win if LeBron dribbled the ball less and let his teammates be more active, I thought James Jones should recieved more looks, same as Kevin Love, and I believe the last ball should have been set for an alley-oop to Tristin Thompson..

The Cavs and the Rockets provided us with a very good game, really you could feel like if you watched a playoff game, the Cavs will need to play together in order to beat the stubborn Boston Celtics.

EVEN DWYANE WADE CAN’T GET AWAY WITH KICKING AN OPPONENT IN THE GROIN

he was suspended a game without pay after the league reviewed the play

Harden?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."