• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Browns Quarterback Position

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Trading Manziel to Dallas for Brandon Weeden is something I could get on board with.

The good ol' days.

Trading Manziel to Dallas for Brandon Weeden is something I could get on board with.

The good ol' days.
I would trade him to the panthers for Derek Anderson. Then bring Brady Quinn out of the booth and just for more ESPN coverage add Tim Tebow too.. Then we can have our own version of Good Bad and the Ugly !

BLONDIIIIIIIIEEEE !!!

No clue why, but I have this overwhelming feeling it's Petty they want, not Mariota. Everything being super quiet on him is something I like.

No clue why, but I have this overwhelming feeling it's Petty they want, not Mariota. Everything being super quiet on him is something I like.

I'm with you here. Early rumors are Petty won over some in the front office. Last year Manziel was the guy we heard whispers about.

Petty needs to sit for 1-2 years. Is McCown the 1-2 year bridge?

Starting McCown will have you in range to draft a top QB the next 2 years in that case, so what's the point?

Josh McCown somehow signed a bigger deal this year coming off his disastrous stint in TB than he did after his miraculous 13 TD/1 INT finish in Chicago.

I was all for going to the bargain bin for a veteran QB this year... this is not the bargain bin.

Josh McCown somehow signed a bigger deal this year coming off his disastrous stint in TB than he did after his miraculous 13 TD/1 INT finish in Chicago.

I was all for going to the bargain bin for a veteran QB this year... this is not the bargain bin.
I don't think the money is to important here. It does not hurt us this year as we have a ton of cap and it is front loaded, we can cut bait after this year and owe very little.

Starting McCown will have you in range to draft a top QB the next 2 years in that case, so what's the point?

I just don't see a QB coming out of the next 2 years that really blows me away..

The only 2 that I see that interest me in the slightest are Boykin & Gunner Kiel.

But I get your post..

I don't think the money is to important here. It does not hurt us this year as we have a ton of cap and it is front loaded, we can cut bait after this year and owe very little.

This is exactly what Buccaneer fans were saying last year before a wasted season.

Guaranteeing any money to Josh McCown is a waste of cap space when there's so many other holes that could be addressed. No surprise we have some Browns fans who didn't watch enough of McCown last year supporting the move, this is the same fan base that defended signing Jake Delhomme coming off an 8 TD/18 INT season.

I just don't see a QB coming out of the next 2 years that really blows me away..

The only 2 that I see that interest me in the slightest are Boykin & Gunner Kiel.

But I get your post..
cardale-jones-tight-action-vs-wisconsin-2014-40bd9de801ac3d72.jpg

lol, but seriously....

The keywords there were "blow me away"

Love them, no doubt. But let's give em another year.

Last edited:
Yeah, JT Barrett isn't an NFL prospect.

Cardale Jones might be, but I'm not ready to call that one just yet.

Plenty of guys to keep an eye on this season:

Paxton Lynch from Memphis might be my favorite guy for next season. Remember that name, will be a first round pick.

Carson Wentz from North Dakota State will be another name that could slide into the first or second round mix as well.

Not to derail this thread...but I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why JT isn't an NFL prospect.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."