• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 NFL Regular Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I personally still think it's Joe, this is just my preference. I'll admit first hand, I'm bias too. But if someone thinks its Brady, I have no problem, the guy has definitely earn the right to be considered the greatest ever.

It's really all subjective. Personally, I think the two greatest I've EVER seen throw a football. John Elway and Dan Marino.

John Elway could do things I've never seen, and believe me, I loath him a lot.

Dan Marino was incredible. Those two don't have the legendary credentials obviously as a Montana and Brady.

I tell you, when it comes to pure throwers, those boys could sling the rock like no one else.

Brady did kinda remind me of Elway yesterday, the way he stepped up in the pocket, and made some Elway-esque throws. It was impressive.

I personally still think it's Joe, this is just my preference. I'll admit first hand, I'm bias too. But if someone thinks its Brady, I have no problem, the guy has definitely earn the right to be considered the greatest ever.

It's really all subjective. Personally, I think the two greatest I've EVER seen throw a football. John Elway and Dan Marino.

John Elway could do things I've never seen, and believe me, I loath him a lot.

Dan Marino was incredible. Those two don't have the legendary credentials obviously as a Montana and Brady.

I tell you, when it comes to pure throwers, those boys could sling the rock like no one else.

Brady did kinda remind me of Elway yesterday, the way he stepped up in the pocket, and made some Elway-esque throws. It was impressive.
Were all of Elway's passes within 10 yards of the LOS? :chuckle:

Why isn't Darrell Bevell getting more hate? Unless Carroll told him to run the ball (seeing as Carroll has a defensive background and never been an offensive playcaller), I put that call on Bevel moreso than Carroll.

Carroll took full responsibility, and the head coach is always going to get the final say/call in the game of this magnitude.

It's true, head coaches usually don't draw up the play, but trust me, they have the say in what gets run, or what doesn't. For all we know, Pete Carroll told him we're throwing it.

It's on the head coach.

Were all of Elway's passes within 10 yards of the LOS? :chuckle:

Brady was dinking and dunking a bit the first 3 quarters. He had to, Seattle is a great defensive team, if you start slinging the ball down the field, you're just going to get picked off, or get a lot of incomplete passes.

Their secondary is too good.

I've not seen a QB, a great one yet, not dink and dunk a lot against them because you mostly have to. Manning did this last year, Rodgers for most of the NFC championship game.

In the fourth quarter, he was making plays with his arm. Throwing the ball with velocity. It's not like the Seahawks didn't get pressure on him, they did, they were all over him in the pocket, and he was doing his best Elway act.

Escaping pressure when you thought he couldn't, and delivering some great throws. Elway did this greater than anyone I've seen, but Brady put on a great Elway impression in the 4th.

Yikes.

Pete Carroll making the worst decision in sports history does not make Tom Brady the undisputed GOAT.

Tom Brady getting carried by a top 10 NFL defense of all-time during the dynasty years and game managing a Super Bowl with 145 yards does not make him the GOAT.

Furthermore, the 2000-2015 Patriots have a giant cloud hanging over their accomplishments.

You're a clown if you call Brady a game maneger straight clown talk. Do you even know that in his first 2 SBs he led his team to game winning drives. Do you know the 1 time he had a hall of fan WR even out of his prime he broke the passing record and went 18-0 before the luckiest catch ever. Do you know spygate wasn't even ullage land done by everyone. Goodell sent a memo before the season urging teams not to do it and pounced when the jets ratted the pats so he can turn it into a rule. It's the exact reason the Pats went on the defense with this stupid deflate gate which everyone does. They weren't gonna let the nfl/media do what they did with spy gate.

Brady was dinking and dunking a bit the first 3 quarters. He had to, Seattle is a great defensive team, if you start slinging the ball down the field, you're just going to get picked off, or get a lot of incomplete passes.

Their secondary is too good.

I've not seen a QB, a great one yet, not dink and dunk a lot against them because you mostly have to. Manning did this last year, Rodgers for most of the NFC championship game.

In the fourth quarter, he was making plays with his arm. Throwing the ball with velocity. It's not like the Seahawks didn't get pressure on him, they did, they were all over him in the pocket, and he was doing his best Elway act.

Escaping pressure when you thought he couldn't, and delivering some great throws. Elway did this greater than anyone I've seen, but Brady put on a great Elway impression in the 4th.

Why would it even matter if he took what the defense gave him. What go long which favors Seattle and NE have no deep threat as it is. The dude you are responding to is an obvious hater

Why would it even matter if he took what the defense gave him. What go long which favors Seattle and NE have no deep threat as it is. The dude you are responding to is an obvious hater

I don't think it mattered, it was smart, no QB, NONE is going to sit back, throw the ball down the field against this team, and have any prayer of winning.

It's not like the short passes weren't mostly contested, they were, Seattle is so good, they can close out on all passing lanes well. There were some breakdowns, don't get me wrong. Guys like Edelman, Vereen, they made some great plays themselves.

But when the 4th came, Brady had to clearly make the tough throws. Mostly they were throwing short, because you have to account with their pass rush, they were getting to Brady A LOT. A lot of those completions, you saw he was on his back.

Look at the interception by Wagner. That was a good throw! That was an incredible recover by Wagner. The first pick, that was horrible by Brady, probably the only bad throw he made (he also missed Edelman in the endzone).

And to do this with no running game? I never thought they'd win that way to be honest. I like everyone else thought it was over once they were up 24-14. No running game, that defense?

I think we all thought it was over after that. What Brady did, was beyond impressive.

I'm kind of dissapointed that Belicheck didn't ask the refs to check the air pressure in the ball after the Kearse catch.

Pet Carroll has, and always will be an arrogant SOB. I couldn't tell you which coach is more unlikable between him and Belichick. They are both great coaches, but they're both extremely arrogant.

This is how Carroll has always been. He's been guilty of running of the score, playing high risk football. In the end, it cost them.

I think he wanted Wilson to be MVP of the game.

I still think that play by Butler was incredible though. I wouldn't have mind seeing he and Brady shaving co-MVP. He had some great defensive plays throughout the game.

Heck, the bobble/lucky catch was a great defensive play, just a lucky bounce. That Butler kid is pretty good.

sQovdsp.png

This guy either thinks he is or actually is the next coming of Paul Brown... Pretentious much?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ng-49ers-top-job?campaign=twitter_atn_sessler
Who? Gase, who didn't want a coordinator pushed on him, one who was not his hire and could be subversive? I thought the Browns just went through something similar. And then the 9ers turned around and basically confirmed this by hitting the future coordinator as coach anyway. And they let him pick his own coordinators. Or where you referring to the 49ers GM or owner?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."