• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andrew Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If he goes on to the best player of all time, titles would be coming and not just one. We fucked up and need to accept the fuck up including Lebron who had his hand in it.

Our team, when healthy, has looked like the best team in the entire NBA for the past month and a half. Don't be ridiculous. The goal of sports is to win championships. We're a lot closer to doing that with Kevin Love than we would be with Andrew Wiggins.

And again, all it takes is one title for this trade to be worth it and then some.

Our team, when healthy, has looked like the best team in the entire NBA for the past month and a half. Don't be ridiculous. The goal of sports is to win championships. We're a lot closer to doing that with Kevin Love than we would be with Andrew Wiggins.

And again, all it takes is one title for this trade to be worth it and then some.

I hear what you're saying Jack, but I can't agree with the bolded. I think it's shortsighted.

I hear what you're saying Jack, but I can't agree with the bolded. I think it's shortsighted.

Cleveland hasn't won a title in fifty years. I'm fine with some shortsighted thinking if it wins us a fucking title. Let's just face facts...the second LeBron came back, the clock started ticking. Dude is thirty and has a ton of miles on him. We don't know how many good years he has left, and Wiggins is a few years away.

There's a fun alternate universe where the team build around Kyrie and Wiggins, but let's be real here...that alternate universe would probably be more depressing than anything given how Dion flamed out and Bennett remained terrible.

Without Lebron, we have our own Westbrook/Durant in Kyrie/Wiggins.

That still wouldn't be enough to win - the trade was correct and timely.

Call me crazy, but if we win the NBA title this year (or any year that Kevin Love is here) I really won't care if Andrew Wiggins becomes the next Kobe Bryant.

Call me crazy, but if we win the NBA title this year (or any year that Kevin Love is here) I really won't care if Andrew Wiggins becomes the next Kobe Bryant.

This can't be serious no way this is serious

Gonna have to let this Wiggins dream go guys.

It's interesting to note that Wiggins' PER (while a flawed stat, I think it's interesting to look at in this context). is still extremely low. We know rookies, even ones who become great players, don't lead their teams to wins, but they usually give better statistical showings than Andrew Wiggins has at this point in his career.

Offensively, in order to become an elite player, you either have to be a super-elite scorer or a really good, multi-faceted player.

Wiggins has not shown above average rebounding or play-making tendencies. He is not the defensive stalwart that Paul George was early on. He has had some scoring outbursts, but he has not shown anything that screams "elite scorer" to me, either. He shoots the three ball better than advertised, but he's still underwhelming compared to other superstars at a young age and there is not one "dominant" trait that he has (go to moves, shooting over people, taking people off the dribble, etc.).

I've dug through a lot of tape and a lot of statistics, and one guy that I keep coming back to as a Wiggins comp is a name that everyone in the pro-Wiggins camp will be roasting me for, and a name that I will be shamed for mentioning if Wiggins ends up being a superstar...

I'll say it anyways, I feel like Wiggins has a better chance of being Caron Butler than he does of being Tracy McGrady. Check out the numbers between the two, (Butler and Wiggins), and then actually watch some college AND pro tape of those guys.

Now, that's less of an insult than some will take it as. Caron Butler was a really good player at his peak. He had issues not related to his skills (injuries, attitude?) that didn't allow him the success that he ultimately could have had in this league. Wiggins may be set up in a better situation than Butler ever was, and he's also a bit bigger and more athletic which is always a plus, so he should have the tools to be better. Caron was a 20-7-5 guy for a long-time and just never quite played with anyone else good enough during that period where he could have been elevated to that next level. A lot of people also thought Caron left a lot of talent on the table as a player, so who knows.

Last years draft may have actually not been very good after all, and I think Wiggins is a sure thing, but I don't think he's a franchise-guy sure thing, more like an all-star wing sure thing with a lot of "maybes" if he can elevate certain areas of his game into elite skills at his position. I just don't see evidence of it quite yet.

Not sure that I agree, but interesting take on Wiggins/Butler. I didn't realize Butler was 6'7". He always looks chunky... I thought he was more like 6'5".

Wiggins projects more towards Paul George 2.0 than any other player I can think of.

I never liked other comparisons, like McGrady especially made little sense.

And yeah, @InBoobieWeTrust , you called it, you're definitely going to get roasted for referencing Caron Butler.. Lol...

Butler was a terrible defender, in his prime. Butler is not elite athletically.

Again, the Paul George comparison is spot on I think.

This can't be serious no way this is serious

You don't think that one title for a city that hasn't seen one in most of its fans' living memories is more valuable than a single elite player? Elite players go on to not win titles all the time. I'd rather see one title for Cleveland than anything else right now.

Wiggins projects more towards Paul George 2.0 than any other player I can think of.

I never liked other comparisons, like McGrady especially made little sense.

And yeah, @InBoobieWeTrust , you called it, you're definitely going to get roasted for referencing Caron Butler.. Lol...

Butler was a terrible defender, in his prime. Butler is not elite athletically.

Again, the Paul George comparison is spot on I think.

I disagree with the Paul George comparison because Paul George has been a straight bulldog defensively ever since he came into the league. Wiggins is not the same or even close to George in that respect. I actually respect Wiggins' offensive game a little more than George's when he was a rookie, but Paul George is a defensive anchor small forward. Wiggins can develop into a plus defender down the road, but he would have already shown the Paul George defensive intangibles, at least in my opinion.

And Butler was not a terrible defender early in his career. In his Miami days I actually thought he was going to be a really good wing defender....but then playing for Eddie Jordan and with Gilbert Areas ruined his chances of that ever being possible. It was his attitude and non-chalant approach that had him never be better than solid-to-mediocre once he started putting the rest of his game together. He was also very underrated athletically, especially in the flow of a game. Butler was a very QUICK jumper, Wiggins has the same little quirk in terms of how quick he is to get his feet off the floor. Wiggins is more expolsive overall, but they have the same quick jump element to their games.

It's not a perfect comparison, and I really hate all player comparisons because it's a flawed idea in the first place. I just think that Butler's level of success in the NBA is where I personally have Wiggins pegged at the moment, but would not be shocked if he ended up being better.

Caron's Prime was really really short. Definitely not the defender.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."