• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 62 | Celtics (23-34) @ Cavs (37-24) | March 3rd, 2015 | 7:00pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Edit: And duh Andy coming back! If he is healthy, and we make a solid trade, and sign a decent MLE guy, we are going to be super deep as a team.

I don't think Andy will ever be the same. People don't really recover from a torn Achilles.

Good to get an easy win. Good to limit the minutes. Good that the starters were efficient. Another solid effort from TT. Good to see James Jones contribute. Delly was an effective playmaker, but Delly and Shumpert were a combined 0-8 in 42 minutes. Let's start a new win-streak!

I think he does though. Magic obviously has much betetr court vision and passing ability but personally I feel LeBron got the better handle. Eitherway there ain't much between them in terms of handle.

The Cavaliers just put together an overall good game. In every major statistical category, the Cavs edged out the Celtics. They just wanted this game more, obviously these Celtics aren't much competition but it is still impressive, nonetheless.

Loved after getting such a big lead, they kept it and more importantly rested all the big guys in the 4th. Makes them ready and able tomorrow against Toronto.

Great to see Irving back again, his handles are sick. Wow at some of the moves he makes on the floor.

I don't think Andy will ever be the same. People don't really recover from a torn Achilles.

Andy already looked like he had 2 torn Achilles when running. Can't imagine much difference.

Shitty basketball is shitty basketball.

Being pleased with terrific basketball from the starters and thinking the bench plays awful minutes aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of these guys are going to be needed at some point in the playoffs.

Eh. There's not terrible talent there. They just don't play competent basketball.
Don't teams tighten their rotations down to 8 or 9 players at the most unless a game is a blow out?

The reason they do that is because of all of the off time between games making it possible to play players more minutes per game.

Don't teams tighten their rotations down to 8 or 9 players at the most unless a game is a blow out?

The reason they do that is because of all of the off time between games making it possible to play players more minutes per game.

For sure.

But for match-up purposes, the Cavs are likely going to need any 3-4 of Delly, Jones, Perk and Marion to play in the playoffs. And while these guys certainly won't all be playing together, you at least want to see them playing a role regardless of who is around them.

Injuries are likely going to come into play during the playoffs as well, so someone's going to have to eat up some of those minutes, whether it's one of the Big 3 that goes down or one of the key supporting players like JR, Tristan or Moz.

There's also the concern that if you're up 20 in the fourth quarter and you throw the subs out there, they let the lead get down low enough that you have to put the starters back out there. You want to avoid that if possible.

Either way, this is likely a complete non-issue.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."