• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Matthew Dellavedova

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Whilst he's trade value is high, we should think of trading him for Baron Davis's good leg+Reymond Felton. That trade would definitely make us an unstoppable force

yep, 9th man in rotation is THE answer, clearly the cause of LBJ's foul shooting the other day, but I think we should get Baron Davis' nostrils as well...he had great nostrils and they'd be an upgrade on Felton's

Cavs Win By Over 30 - RCF Furious

By Randolph Keys 8:01 PST

CLEVELAND - Matthew Dellavadova has the audacity to fit in during the Cavaliers blowout over the Boston Celtics. Read more in the cranky asshole blog tomorrow morning...

ortizflip.gif

Cavs Win By Over 30 - RCF Furious

By Randolph Keys 8:01 PST

CLEVELAND - Matthew Dellavadova has the audacity to fit in during the Cavaliers blowout over the Boston Celtics. Read more in the cranky asshole blog tomorrow morning...

That really DOES look like The Onion font...

How long until the myth that is Delly as a good on the ball defender is debunked? Getting tired of seeing him abused out there.

I get it, he looks like Joe Average Fan and shuffles his feet and looks to be in constant motion, but his defense just stinks so much of the time. I watched a similar archetype for four years in Aaron Craft. Craft was a ball of energy and always in constant movement as well. However, Craft hardly ever got taken off the dribble or crossed-over like Delly does. I'm not saying to sign Craft; I'm just pointing out that Delly blows.

Here's hoping that the staff wakes up.

How long until the myth that is Delly as a good on the ball defender is debunked? Getting tired of seeing him abused out there.

I get it, he looks like Joe Average Fan and shuffles his feet and looks to be in constant motion, but his defense just stinks so much of the time. I watched a similar archetype for four years in Aaron Craft. Craft was a ball of energy and always in constant movement as well. However, Craft hardly ever got taken off the dribble or crossed-over like Delly does. I'm not saying to sign Craft; I'm just pointing out that Delly blows.

Here's hoping that the staff wakes up.
Until it stops being true…

From NBA.com:

Defense (Looking at stats of opposing players when Delly is guarding them)
GP: 46 G: 46 DFGM: 3.1 DFGA: 7.5 DFG%: 41.1% FREQ: 100% FG% (season): 42.6% Diff%: -1.5

Last edited:
Until it stops being true…

From NBA.com:

Defense Category GP G DFGM DFGA DFG% FREQ FG% Diff%
Overall 46 46 3.1 7.5 41.1 100% 42.6 -1.5

Not sure what that jumbled mess of numbers is trying to say, but he gets abused by players taking him to the hole. I have this thing called a tv. It tells me that Delly can't keep players in front of him. He's great at grabbing guys in the open court and raising his hand, though.

I doubt he is even here next season with the way they were trying to trade him.

Not sure what that jumbled mess of numbers is trying to say, but he gets abused by players taking him to the hole. I have this thing called a tv. It tells me that Delly can't keep players in front of him. He's great at grabbing guys in the open court and raising his hand, though.
Well, maybe you can't read. I'll tell you what it says. Delly is forcing opposing players to shoot 1.5% less from the field than normal when he's guarding them. Compare that to other defensive point guards like Wall and Conley and you can see he's in good company defensively.

Well, maybe you can't read. I'll tell you what it says. Delly is forcing opposing players to shoot 1.5% less from the field than normal when he's guarding them. Compare that to other defensive point guards like Wall and Conley and you can see he's in good company defensively.
Calling out @roozy
Disagreeing with a statistical fact is lame. No opinions were even involved in that statement.

Edit: Never mind

Last edited:
I Just don't think Delly should be mentioned in the same sentence as Mike Conley and John Wall.
I don't think he's as good of a defender as them. But he's definitely a good defensive guard and opposing players and coaches always mention that. this board just only notices when he gives up a play instead of when he makes a good defensive play. Very similar to when Dion was here (please don't think I'm defending Dion's play though). Delly's the scapegoat now. No one notices when Kyrie or Shumpert or Smith get taken off the dribble, but everyone notices when it's Delly.

Delly played pretty good tonight. Yeah, he missed some open 3's, but each time he did he grabbed the offensive rebound keeping the possession alive. He also finally started to shut down Schroeder at the end of the 3rd. In fact, when the Hawks went on their run, Delly was about the only one effective at stopping his man.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."