• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Been playing it on my PC, debated on buying it legit for my x1 or Dying Light. Ended up with Dying Light but DBX is actually really solid. Definitely more of an RPG than a traditional DBZ fighter. Battling is pretty simplified although I've been told it gets harder, somehow I'm doubting it.

To be honest, a more RPG-centric version of a DBZ game is what I've been after for a number of years now. I've longed for a similar DBZ RPG to those old SNES and Gameboy versions from the 90s where the primary focus is on map navigation and investigation closely followed by in-game battles so this sounds like it might be just right for me.

Thanks for the tip man!

To be honest, a more RPG-centric version of a DBZ game is what I've been after for a number of years now. I've longed for a similar DBZ RPG to those old SNES and Gameboy versions from the 90s where the primary focus is on map navigation and investigation closely followed by in-game battles so this sounds like it might be just right for me.

Thanks for the tip man!

Personally, I enjoyed having my own character that was popping in and out of famous fights in the timeline. I'm still kinda wishing I had got it legit for my x1 so I could play with some other people. Oh well, maybe later.

Gamefly just gave me Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor. Alien is extremely frustrating, as it should be. It does a really good job with the atmosphere and I am consistently stressed playing it. Mordor haven't played too much so far, but the gameplay mechanics are smooth and the combat is enjoyable.

Anyone who played dying light, thoughts?

Gamefly just gave me Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor. Alien is extremely frustrating, as it should be. It does a really good job with the atmosphere and I am consistently stressed playing it. Mordor haven't played too much so far, but the gameplay mechanics are smooth and the combat is enjoyable.

I just bought it for the one th eother day. Not a huge parkour fan, but it seems like a really solid game so far.

finally got an unofficial launcher to get Red Alert 2 to work, i Alt+Tabbed and the shit crashed and wont start up again no matter what i do... salty as heck about that, i just want the damn game to launch.

switched to skyrim, started an unarmed playthrough..got bored kinda quick, but was still fun

downloading Dragonball Xenoverse now, hoping i like it

Played some Dragon Age. So far it's kind of slow. I'm maybe 2 hours in? If that? I chose a Warrior class, sword and board style (tank I guess you call it). Combat seems kind of simplistic so far, almost Diablo-esque click until it dies. I've never played a DA game before this though. I'm also early on, Inquisition just got formed or called into action or whatever.

I assume the game picks up shortly thereafter.

I really like making a big time beastly tank character in RPGs so I'm hoping that play style is satisfying in this game. Magic is cool, would have been my second choice, and the rogues just seem lame.

Played some Dragon Age. So far it's kind of slow. I'm maybe 2 hours in? If that? I chose a Warrior class, sword and board style (tank I guess you call it). Combat seems kind of simplistic so far, almost Diablo-esque click until it dies. I've never played a DA game before this though. I'm also early on, Inquisition just got formed or called into action or whatever.

I assume the game picks up shortly thereafter.

I really like making a big time beastly tank character in RPGs so I'm hoping that play style is satisfying in this game. Magic is cool, would have been my second choice, and the rogues just seem lame.

It will be. I run two handed shit personally, prefer to do mass damage and just hit hard. But the tanking class is really strong with the right skills. I enjoy my Qunari badass, although if I had realized that one of my companions is basically the exact same character I created, I would've created different. Perhaps a rogue or mage next playthrough.

Anyone got Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse yet? Probably going to buy it next week. Thoughts?
I'm not a fighting game fan in particular.

But man I gotta say it is one hell of a fun game. Lots of fan service, decent story, and imo a lot of combat depth (again not a fighting game guy though).

The difficulty spikes for each saga is great, and it truly feels like the show imo. Oh you're not strong enough to beat Frieza, go and train. Can't beat Cell hit the gym.

For tips I can offer to people, choose your style carefully. Every race has specific advantages, that you can take advantage of, like Ki for saiyans.

Also a pretty important thing to do is not waste skill points. You can build a balanced player, but imo, it is easier to just pick a skillset and go with it.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that Z souls as they are called, can give you monster advantages, like regen of health/ki/stamina, or extra damage, or more ki power, etc.

Also in the early stages, check the skill shop after every chapter. For example SSJ becomes available, ditto for SSJ2. Getting a ki charge skill is very important for a ki based build.

If you are looking to grind out easy xp in the early going, PQ15 is a super easy one. You unlock it by talking to Gohan over by the mix shop (took me a LONG time to figure this out...). This is also an easy way to get some dragon balls, but the most efficient way is PQ12, where you can see if the Patroller spawns before you fight anything. If he does, talk to and beat him with a super, and you are looking for the words you received a key item after you do.

Edit: I would like to add getting a mentor and mastering his or her teachings is also a stressor if you don't know what you are doing. You can gain a lot of mentor xp by bringing them with you on PQs, and using their moves. For me, mastering Cell was a real game changer, and I did it at a low level. You can replay the training missions, and Cell takes it super easy on you in the one you have to defeat him with gravity impact (I think). A super easy 6-8 thousand xp for about 1.5 minutes of work, and since you spawn right infront of him, unlike the PQs, it is a lot faster to get back in to.

Last edited:
I'm not a fighting game fan in particular.

But man I gotta say it is one hell of a fun game. Lots of fan service, decent story, and imo a lot of combat depth (again not a fighting game guy though).

The difficulty spikes for each saga is great, and it truly feels like the show imo. Oh you're not strong enough to beat Frieza, go and train. Can't beat Cell hit the gym.

For tips I can offer to people, choose your style carefully. Every race has specific advantages, that you can take advantage of, like Ki for saiyans.

Also a pretty important thing to do is not waste skill points. You can build a balanced player, but imo, it is easier to just pick a skillset and go with it.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that Z souls as they are called, can give you monster advantages, like regen of health/ki/stamina, or extra damage, or more ki power, etc.

Also in the early stages, check the skill shop after every chapter. For example SSJ becomes available, ditto for SSJ2. Getting a ki charge skill is very important for a ki based build.

If you are looking to grind out easy xp in the early going, PQ15 is a super easy one. You unlock it by talking to Gohan over by the mix shop (took me a LONG time to figure this out...). This is also an easy way to get some dragon balls, but the most efficient way is PQ12, where you can see if the Patroller spawns before you fight anything. If he does, talk to and beat him with a super, and you are looking for the words you received a key item after you do.

Awesome insight, @Mdog1, thank you for that! From the way you described, the game sounds fantastic and everything I'd want in a DBZ game. I'm not a fighting game fan either (get bored after about 7 or 8 minutes playing Tekken etc) that's why I'm looking for more diversity in this game - specifically storylines and the ability to travel to different regions and engage in conversation with the CPU.

Tried to find it at the store yesterday but it seems it hasn't been released in Australia yet. Will try again this coming week, though.

Awesome insight, @Mdog1, thank you for that! From the way you described, the game sounds fantastic and everything I'd want in a DBZ game. I'm not a fighting game fan either (get bored after about 7 or 8 minutes playing Tekken etc) that's why I'm looking for more diversity in this game - specifically storylines and the ability to travel to different regions and engage in conversation with the CPU.

Tried to find it at the store yesterday but it seems it hasn't been released in Australia yet. Will try again this coming week, though.
It's apparently a pretty tough game to find. Good word of mouth on it.

There's not a ton of interaction with NPC's, other than cutscenes, and talking to mentors, or other patrollers around the city. You are a silent protagonist after all.

Still the characters have the same attitudes they have in the show, and it's great. I just hope i'm not burnt out by the time the dlc comes out, supposedly later this month.

If you like the show, I think you will love the game. It is pretty awesome, and a lot more RPGish than a normal fighting game.

I didn't really like the parkour aspect at first but I grew to really enjoy it as you leveled up and unlocked more abilities. If you immerse yourself in the game you actually freak out when you slip off a ledge with a group of zombies chomping at your heels. Its also a totally different gameplay experience when its night versus day time, and for the most part its up to you which one you play. I thought it was one of the better games I'd played in awhile.

Anyone here think the Walking Dead series is a good play? Thinking about getting them both on Steam.

Anyone here think the Walking Dead series is a good play? Thinking about getting them both on Steam.
I never played the 2nd season, but if it was anything close to the 1st, it's a great game. Really a huge fan of all the recent Telltale game series. Going through the first 2 episodes of Game of Thrones now. Snagged the telltale collection for $55 on xbox live the other weekend. So might as well get caught up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."