• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 63 | Cavs (38-24) @ Raptors (38-22) | March 4, 2015 | 7:30pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
was it the only lineup that would of worked? no. was it a boneheaded mistake by blatt? hardly

Exactly what I am trying to say.
There are many ways and many "right" lineups to win a basketball game.
This one worked, as well as many others would've.
I'm even saying I would probably do things differently.

But the lienup worked, since that lineup came in we played better and won the game. So that was one of the right lienups. And I can understand the reasoning behind that lineup, again, even though other lineups could also win us the game due to other factors.

My point is not to say that you are absolutely right or wrong or that Tocov is 100% right or wrong. It's just that you're being super heavyhanded that you have the right point when there are several factors(I tried to include several in my post) that seem to tilt things more towards the middle. i.e. was it the only lineup that would of worked? no. was it a boneheaded mistake by blatt? hardly

Furthermore, you assert that LeBron made two crazy threes and without that we'd have been screwed.

1. I didn't think they were that crazy. That was LeBron he makes shots like that regularly. Both of those were within a range he normally shoots in and with his footwork good and shoulders squared.

2. Take those 6 points away and we still have more points then the Raptors

3. How do use those 2 three pointers by LeBron to make your point while completely ignoring several crazy 3 pointers by Lou Williams that don't exactly support your point?
The part you're missing is that I was fine with TT being in the game UNTIL JV came back in. At the 4:39 mark, JV came in, we were up 5. Immediately Lou Williams made a shot in the paint, no Moz to scare him away (LeBron answered with one of those stupid ISO 3s). Then JV made one right at the basket (LeBron again answered with another stupid ISO 3). JV missed a shot, grabbed the offensive board and made it. The rest of the game mattered little, as they made a few more layups, but it was with us giving them the shots as time was running low, not even contesting. If LeBron didn't make those bad ISO 3s, we're screwed. That lineup was not as good as LeBron made it look.

1. They were BAD shots. Bad ISO shots. Yes, LeBron can make those, and at times does. But he also misses those plenty often, and leaves us shaking our heads.

2. Take those 6 points away and the game plays out differently. It's a 1 point game (with Toronto holding possession) instead of down 3 (Lou made a 3 right afterwards, so they could have been up 2 at that point instead of down 4. Again, the game plays out totally different, so you certainly can't say that it was a given that they'd be up 2 at that point if LeBron misses those two 3s. Heck, LeBron might not even take the 2nd 3 if he misses the first one (though I've certainly seen him take, and miss, two 3s in a row like that in similar situations).

3. What does Lou making a bunch of crazy 3s early in the 4th while TT wasn't in the game have to do with my opinion that TT shouldn't be in there to guard JV? Lou made 1 3 after TT came in. Maybe that's TT guarding the perimeter really well, but he sure didn't guard the interior and we're lucky we got away with it.

I'm not quite sure how anyone can complain about giving up 38 in the 4th. Did you not see them launching low-percentage 3s that were going in cleaner than a baptist preacher?

To be honest, I'm more pleased with the way we responded to their lights out shooting in the 4th with 36 points of our own. Against an atypically high level of offensive adversity and a stadium full of hostile fans, we combated with full force and confidence.

Now that is something we should be overly satisfied about.

1. They were BAD shots. Bad ISO shots. Yes, LeBron can make those, and at times does. But he also misses those plenty often, and leaves us shaking our heads.

You have been watching the NBA for the past 30-35 years, correct? When your superstar, top 5 player in the game leader takes a clutch shot and makes a clutch shot it is not a bad shot. I get the sense you would rather see Golden State type ball movement with an end result of a MISSED SHOT, than a good footwork, shoulders squared ISO shot by a premier player. The ability to often take and make those types of shots is what makes players premier, as well as the ability to shake of the ones they've missed and remain supremely confident in their ability to hit clutch shots.

You seem to assert that solely based on the word ISO, a shot is bad. Sorry. I like all sorts of basketball, but I will never agree with something as absolute as that, especially as it relates to elite players.

2. Take those 6 points away and the game plays out differently. It's a 1 point game (with Toronto holding possession) instead of down 3 (Lou made a 3 right afterwards, so they could have been up 2 at that point instead of down 4. Again, the game plays out totally different, so you certainly can't say that it was a given that they'd be up 2 at that point if LeBron misses those two 3s. Heck, LeBron might not even take the 2nd 3 if he misses the first one (though I've certainly seen him take, and miss, two 3s in a row like that in similar situations).

So if we change history, the game might play out differently? No argument here. But you are making the sureheaded point that it would ONLY play out differently in a negative way. More importantly, he made the shots. They were not circus shots. They were not 35 foot out shots.

3. What does Lou making a bunch of crazy 3s early in the 4th while TT wasn't in the game have to do with my opinion that TT shouldn't be in there to guard JV? Lou made 1 3 after TT came in. Maybe that's TT guarding the perimeter really well, but he sure didn't guard the interior and we're lucky we got away with it.

You made a simple point that if you take away what you consider to be to crazy three and also two awful ISO three that the game would have been different and therefore your larger point about that lineup being incorrect would have been validated. I simply countered by making the simple point that the same logic and its effects on the overall game should apply to Lou Wills hot hand and some of the shots he made in the 4th. And yes, Tristans perimeter help D is excellent and did contribute to the 3 point shooting getting cutoff.

In the 6 minutes, before TT entered Toronto hit 4 three pointers as well as the 2 fouls on Williams that resulted in 6 free throws.

In the final 5:50 of the game with Tristan in, Toronto made 2 three pointers, one of which was with 30m seconds left and a Cavs 9 point lead.

Since 3 pointers count more than 2 pointers, and the 3 pointers are mainly what got Toronto back in the game, perhaps the Cavs decided that a strategy that resulted in less good looks from three at the expense of easier looks in the paint was a necessary one to employ in winning this game? Mozgov simply can not do some of the perimeter switching and pressure traps that TT can.[/QUOTE]

As long as you keep your avatar/profile pic the same, you should be able to rate your posts anything as far as I'm concerned.

Am I am doomed to have this god-damned avatar for all of posterity?

I sure would like to check the RCF at work, without having to do it on the sly...

It's foolish to suggest that not having Lowry on their team has the same effect as not having Andy. Kyle's a much more important player to the Raptors, particularly on the offensive side. If you don't get that, you haven't watched much basketball.

You just joined this site Thursday, so why don't you just fuck off with your insults. I expect your time here to be short, troll.

You just joined this site Thursday, so why don't you just fuck off with your insults. I expect your time here to be short, troll.

Just because you live in a democracy, doesn't mean you have the right to exercise it (Me, Circa 2013)

You have been watching the NBA for the past 30-35 years, correct?
Well, I'm only 35, so it hasn't been quite that long, but close. ;)

When your superstar, top 5 player in the game leader takes a clutch shot and makes a clutch shot it is not a bad shot. I get the sense you would rather see Golden State type ball movement with an end result of a MISSED SHOT, than a good footwork, shoulders squared ISO shot by a premier player. the ability to often take and make those types of shots is what makes players premier, as well as the ability to shake of the ones they've missed and remain supremely confident in their ability to hit clutch shots.

You seem to think that solely based non the word ISO, a shot is bad. Sorry. I like all sorts of basketball, but I will never agree with something as absolute as that, especially as it relates to elite players.
No, what made the shots bad was how we didn't even attempt to get a high percentage shot first. Yes, he's LeBron and he's earned that right, but I can tell you (and plenty of stats will back me up here) he'll miss those far more often than he'll make them.

I'm happy to live and die with LeBron in the closing minutes of a game, but I'd rather our coach matched up with the other team better. TT came in and they countered by bringing in JV and immediately attacking the paint. If LeBron didn't hit those shots, their efficiency on those easy, high percentage shots could have easily come back to haunt us. I'm a fan of TT when they're hitting crazy 3s and running a small ball lineup, but when they revert to their big, plodding center looking to get easy points inside, we should probably counter with the only guy on our team that can slow that down.

Overall it was a good coaching job by Blatt tonight, it's nitpicking on my part, for sure. I just didn't like TT on JV, especially when they had 3 straight successful possessions inside. I applaud Delly only getting ~9 minutes. Also, Jones hitting everything he threw up made it hard to bring Love back in, even though Love had a great game. Jones also had the biggest play, imo, when he fronted JV and Lou didn't see him and threw it right to Jones (that was right after the 3 straight successful possessions inside).

I'm not quite sure how anyone can complain about giving up 38 in the 4th. Did you not see them launching low-percentage 3s that were going in cleaner than a baptist preacher?

To be honest, I'm more pleased with the way we responded to their lights out shooting in the 4th with 36 points of our own. Against an atypically high level of offensive adversity and a stadium full of hostile fans, we combated with full force and confidence.

Now that is something we should be overly satisfied about.

I think you left the refs out we had to battle them to as usual.

Great win..Jones over Love should never happen to end a game though ..if Tor wanted to go small you post Ross pr Derozan up with Love everytime...also Moz for TT late needs to happen..
TT gets Off reb and can play pnr well but has no Off skills or can provide rim protection .. really would prefer Moz..don't get it..like TT but think Moz needs the late minutes ...great team effort ...on to ATL

Two games out of the last three LeBron has taken a cheap shot and two games barely anyone at all on the team has done anything about it.

Is there a reason no one else on the team will get in the opponents face after hitting the best player on the team?

This is a good team, but holy hell ladies toughen the fuck up.

Two games out of the last three LeBron has taken a cheap shot and two games barely anyone at all on the team has done anything about it.

Is there a reason no one else on the team will get in the opponents face after hitting the best player on the team?

This is a good team, but holy hell ladies toughen the fuck up.

Either one of Delly or TT should have knocked Jonas the fuck out instead of running over to LeBron.

Hopefully Perk can give these guys some lessons if he won't be allowed to get on the floor to protect our best player.

That was a statement win right there. I disliked how Toronto just got right back in it but like AC said during the telecast, this type of win to hustle it out shows a lot about this squad. Earlier in the season, this was a loss after leading by 19. Cleveland has just been playing smart, hustling ball and it shows with wins like this.

The offense is killer right now, tonight was a prime example. So much spread out point distribution. Irving had 26, Love had 22, Smith had 15 and JJ had 14. Hell, even James seemed possessed out there in the 4th for his 14 points out of his 29. He also got those guys in scoring positions with a season high 14 assists.

3-way tie for the 2nd seed, I want to see a motivated squad against Atlanta on Friday. Show them this squad is different from the last time they played. I would love to win a hard fought contest.

Edit: I have NBA League Pass for Directv and the guide has the game listed for 3 hours incase of OT, I record in HD and SD the same telecast bc if there is a glitch in HD its not there in SD, remember my OCD. Well I noticed the SD broadcast stopped recording at 2 hrs and 14 min last night but the HD kept going. I thought as I was watching the game, great it spoiled the outcome bc I am only about 90 min in and if it ends in 45, Cavs win because they were already up by like 17. Then I noticed the HD was still recording. So I thought of things; it had to be an error on Directv for SD to stop recording before it was over bc, 1) guide lists for 3 hrs, even if game over and channel offline by them it still records the length of the guide 2)if the guide updated, it would have updated on both HD and SD and HD was still ticking away 3)nothing spoiled as Raptors came back. I seriously had to think all this up on the fly while the game was on pause to show myself why the game wasn't spoiled. It wasn't lol.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."