• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Diet and Workout Routines

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I got my knee sleeves for $25/ind off ebay. I've had them for months now, and love them. Be careful not to use them all the time, try to use them for warming up and heaviest sets.

Rows in TM are meant to hit back/shouldaz/trapz. Cleans aren't really a good sub, because they are an explosive movement and shouldn't be done too late in the training day. That said, if you must clean in the TM programming, keep the reps low (1-3 range, no more than 5 for work sets), and do them first as a good way to warm up your hips.

Balancing Oly lifts into another program (in your case, TM, A-pie) is a really tricky thing. It is really easy to stifle #gainz with too much oly, which is very common. Don't just sub them for non-Oly movements. Spend some time on google, looking at good programs to combine the two styles. It's a bit advanced, but spend some time on The Outlaw Way, which is part of the Outlaw Crossfit gym in Alexandria, MD; their hybrid programming is about as good as anyones, but it is a ton of volume.

I can't stress enough that you should spend some cash on some private sessions with a coach, working on your oly lifts. Clean, Clean & Jerk, and Snatch. I can help a bit, if you post videos. If I'm not on here for a couple days, email me at my rcf handle at hawt male dot comm.

Rip recommends the clean in TM, 5x3, and its only done once a week. errthang else i do is just squat, bench, OHP, deadlift, weighted chins, back extensions and on fridays i do some bicep curls and lateral raises at the end of the workout

Ill for sure check out The Outlaw Way, sounds interesting. thanks for the help man!

scored some Rocktape knee sleeves for $47 for the pair on a damaged package special from amazon, can't wait to try them out this week. I also picked up the book "Anatomy of Strength Training", I feel ignorant being all about lifting and not knowing a thing about anatomy lol

triple posting cuz yall some bums lol i ordered the Adipower shoes finally, Amazon had them for $147 instead of 200 + tax from Adidas. should be able to use them for Friday's PR day..fucking pumped for that!

Im gonna drop my Friday curls and side raises, i couldnt do my usual weighted chins at all this morning..my arms were sore all weekend from the extra stuff i added in; so im assuming i never adequately recovered from them.

I will stop you from a 4x post...

My full marathon is exactly 25 days away, I have stopped running long distances and started lifting/HIIT again b/c I started seeing good progression and got tired or running:chuckle:

I am going to try and post a 20mi. run on Saturday b/c I will be eating massive amounts of food on Sunday. Last real long run. Then it starts to get lower to only 12mi, then 8mi, then that next weekend (Sunday, April 26th) is the race.

I am going to die but oh well.

Our spring session softball started, too. So that cuts into my running time.

Don't laugh at me, but I am on week 5 of Couch to 5k and finally starting to feel like I'm not going to die when I jog. I am down 15 pounds and hoping to run my first 5k Memorial Day weekend.

Good job, man. Everyone has to start somewhere. Keep it up.

Don't laugh at me, but I am on week 5 of Couch to 5k and finally starting to feel like I'm not going to die when I jog. I am down 15 pounds and hoping to run my first 5k Memorial Day weekend.

good shit!! thats awesome :)

Awesome, keep going!

Just did my first training session with the Adipowers and knee sleeves...

knee sleeves are exactly what I needed, so much more confidence going down into a squat. It had to be more than a placebo because after i pulled them down to bench press my knees got cold and started creaking again

the adipowers are amazing. if you are looking for a lifting shoe, just go for the expensive ones first and dont waste ~$90 on the lesser models IMO cuz youll end up wanting the better ones after a short time. Need more time for a real review though, but i really like them!

Taking the rest of the week off from the gym, i feel totally overtrained. The last time I took a week off from lifting, i was backpacking the grand canyon so its not like ive actually rested in a long while... gonna hit it hard next week!

I can not wait until after my marathon is over.

I am going to have a massive feast for a week straight. Eat at 7 different of my favorite Columbus places each day of the week.

Then get back into it starting the 1st week of May, mainly lifting, light cardio from May-July. Then back into marathon training for the Columbus Marathon August-October.

Just started a new five day split working each muscle group once a week with supersets...jesus christ am I sore.

Also @Nicky my dreams are just continuing to get stranger on Iron Dream. Last night I dreamt the movie The Theory of Everything only I was Stephen Hawking. On the plus side I am way more rested than usual.

full body split master race

redoing my weights for next weeks return to the Texas Method, basically resetting the deadlift to be less aggressive... i got 380x5 monday but it was really shaky the last two reps. Also dropping the cleans again for DB rows, should help reduce the burnt out CNS feeling (less strenuous than cleans) and deliver some arm & lat gainz. Kept bench and squat where they were, those have felt great the whole way through

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."